R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Bush just commuted Libby's sentence!  (Read 6029 times)

phantom309

Re: Bush just commuted Libby's sentence!
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 04:35:03 PM »

Here's the bigger issue: you can't put the guy up twice on this charge and HE'S HOLDING THE KEYS to the entire Cheney involvement. That guy is just plain evil.

I just can't stand to watch CNN today, everytime I see Libby with that shit eating smirk on his face, I get angry.
Those that can't get carried away, should be.
http://www.audities.org
http://www.mellotron.com
http://www.myspace.com/auditiesrecording
David T. Kean

organica

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2007, 06:56:23 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Tue, 03 July 2007 15:41

For a couple of years (or more) I've had a large, home-made sign (from a laser printer) in the rear window of my car saying "IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH".  I've had a few people flip me off but most of the response has been positive.  I even had a guy by me lunch because of it!

I encourage all who want to see this happen to make this kind of sign and to put it in your car's rear window.  It is much more effective than a bumper sticker.

Barry

perhaps an open minded visit to dubya's myspace page might be a healthy step towards dealing with your anger and jealousy issues . maybe you could even become friends online !

http://friends.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewfri   ends&friendID=207177574&MyToken=a9f7ee8d-41b7-4531-b 377-0a18a017ab78

Barry Hufker

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2007, 12:54:03 AM »

I admit I'm angry, but certainly not jealous.  I am angered any time a criminal commits a crime and gets away with it.  I am angered when people with money and power commit crimes and get away with it.  I try to be a law-abiding citizen who alerts the police and other government bodies when I see a crime being committed.  That's why I put my sign in the window.

There are some very attractive women who are "George's Friends".  Not knowing them, I can't accurately gauge their intellect or humanity.  Maybe they too would like a sign of mine in their car window!

Barry

maxdimario

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2007, 05:52:18 AM »

ssltech wrote on Tue, 03 July 2007 02:59

Crooked fuckwits.

-Jesus fucking christ, doesn't that fucking moron realise that if ANYONE still farbored any misplaced delusions of fucking respect for him, he just pissed 50% of them off, too.

Fuckwit.

Impeach the lying shit.

-So pissed.

he doesn't CARE..

the role of the president nowadaze is like being a glorified receptionist anyway.. it's not as if Bush is acting solely upon his will, he is part of a family as mentioned above. He is the front-man.

in circles of power (including gangs and mafia) often the people chosen to represent power are the ones which can easily be controlled by the higher powers which are never seen publicly.

even if he gets impeached, he has left the seeds during his presidency so that his own clan has significantly increased their power and income..

so any of you maybe changed their minds about 911?

anyway shocking news, but in line with his general dictatorship.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2007, 11:27:05 AM »

For the most-part I agree with you Max.  The definitions of the President -- and most certainly Vice-President (emphasis on "vice")-- have changed forever.  Especially with Republicans who now expect the same kind of power that Bush and Cheney have established.

This country is in deep shit for a long time to come.  That's why I think it so important to halt this crap right now with impeachments.  Otherwise we are losing our republic.

Barry

J.J. Blair

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2007, 05:02:28 PM »

I've said this before: I used to not be in favor of impeachment, but I honestly believe that the only way to regain our respect in the international community is to impeach those bastards.  Needless to say, impeach Cheney first.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Barry Hufker

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2007, 05:15:15 PM »

Let me tell you there is NO ONE like Keith Olbermann.  Check this out for one of the most scathing, truthful, forthright commentaries ever.  It does the heart good.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19588942/

Barry

bblackwood

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2007, 05:31:01 PM »

Brilliant commentary.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

bblackwood

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2007, 05:50:07 PM »

+1 202 225 0100

That's the direct line to the Speaker of the House's (Nancy Pelosi) office phone number.  The answering machine is full right now, but they will be back in the office tomorrow (July 5th).
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

maxdimario

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2007, 06:09:07 PM »

you know, part of the problem is the culture of the last 25 years which has made young people, as well as the average man, totally removed from government.

what are the goals and aspirations of an individual in a world which lives on fluff?

people are too far removed from real life.. and you know that I feel TV has a lot to do with it.

it good that obermann speaks out and goes against the grain

UNFORTUNATELY there are a lot of people who stopped using their brain years ago and only react to simple emotions which make them feel as if they are participating.

so what I am trying to say is that making a democracy work is DIFFICULT.. it is hard work

life is NOT like on MTV's rap videos.. you need to understand and participate..

I imagine that if Bush saw obermann he would squint his eyes and feel uncomfortable, but not particularly moved..

I am sure that Bu.sh EXPECTS to be judged negatively because he is well aware of what he is doing..

Bush can't fool all the people all of the time, but he has fooled most of the people.. which is what is needed in empty democracy

John Ivan

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2007, 06:45:02 PM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Wed, 04 July 2007 17:02

I've said this before: I used to not be in favor of impeachment, but I honestly believe that the only way to regain our respect in the international community is to impeach those bastards.  Needless to say, impeach Cheney first.

WORD!! JJ, I'm in the same boat. I used to think that we didn't have the time and/or it would distract us from the business at hand to much. I have changed my mind. They must be impeached IMHO. Both of them..

Ivan................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

John Ivan

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2007, 06:52:06 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 04 July 2007 17:15

Let me tell you there is NO ONE like Keith Olbermann.  Check this out for one of the most scathing, truthful, forthright commentaries ever.  It does the heart good.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19588942/

Barry

Sorry for all the quoting but. Yes. I really like him. I'm glad others like him too.

Ivan............................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

rollmottle

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2007, 07:08:50 PM »

John Ivan wrote on Wed, 04 July 2007 15:45

J.J. Blair wrote on Wed, 04 July 2007 17:02

WORD!! JJ, I'm in the same boat. I used to think that we didn't have the time and/or it would distract us from the business at hand to much. I have changed my mind. They must be impeached IMHO. Both of them..

Ivan................

at this point, impeaching the president would be making those imcompetent asswipes in DC actually do what they're in office for. distraction? it would be a refocus on them actually DOING THEIR F'ING JOB. healthcare? Iraq? immigration? social security?energy? nothing's going to move on the issues that matter with this administration in place anyways. maybe they'll be distracted from having their head up their ass...impeach those crooked fucks.

i remember when Keith Olbermann was the local sports anchor for CBS here in LA. he rules.
SENTRALL Sound East
My SoundCloud | Twitter | www.sentrall.com

Geetar

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2007, 07:22:55 PM »

The biggest problem with so-called "democracy" here (and the consequent difficulty with trying to export it to the unwilling) is quite clearly that people no longer vote for leaders that may serve their country. All anyone seems to care about nowadays is who will line their pocket or save their narrow little interest-group from extinction.

And to hell with the country.

How we persuade the rest of the world (as we go to well-intentioned war with it) that we're offering something of value is beyond me.

But we could try. Impeach them.
Elliott at:
SoManyGuitars L.L.C.

Oldfart

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2007, 08:53:49 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 04 July 2007 11:27

For the most-part I agree with you Max.  The definitions of the President -- and most certainly Vice-President (emphasis on "vice")-- have changed forever.  Especially with Republicans who now expect the same kind of power that Bush and Cheney have established.

This country is in deep shit for a long time to come.  That's why I think it so important to halt this crap right now with impeachments.  Otherwise we are losing our republic.

Barry

On an earlier post (in this thread) I not only pointed it out that I was seriously pissed about this commutation, even tho I'm a Canuck (which I'm sure most think it shouldn't bother me/us Canucks)........

Next month Bush, Harper (our prime minister), the leader of Mexico, top executive branch of our contries, AND the heads of the business elite are meeting behind close doors to decide the North American Continent's future.

Scares the living day lite out of me knowing the type of man who is in the driver's seat !!!

Last time they met, the American goverment stated that as far as they were concerned, our Canadian "fresh water" (roughly 20% of the planets total)  belongs to all North Americans !!!!!!

Most Canadians are not even aware that our sovereignty is in jeopardy.

And as stated earlier, with Bush co. in the driver's seat, when (and to me it's a matter of when and not of if) they decide to come and take whatever they want, they'll simply walk on over.

The sick thing is, the majority here will probably be jumping for joy, because they'll now have a crack at the "American Idol" instead of the "Canadian idol" !!!!

(Sigh)

Oldfart
Denis Paquette
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.