R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pearlman TM LE  (Read 42986 times)

Mike Jasper

Re: Pearlman TM LE
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2009, 02:40:13 PM »

Dave is a great guy and I wish he'd make another trip to Austin soon.
SD mic shootout from Tape Op now online
http://www.proaudiobay.com/shootouts.html

"Where are the repair people in this country? Where have they gone? Currently, the state of microphone service availability in the US is an unmitigated disaster, especially in light of the fact that there has never been a boom in the history of recording mics like this."

-- Klaus Heyne

miics

Re: Pearlman TM LE
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2009, 06:51:53 PM »

Klaus Heyne wrote on Sun, 09 December 2007 02:19

Brian,
I challenge that! The law of economics goes something like this:

If I were truly capable of offering the same value for 25% to 50% less than the competition, I would be an absolute fool to sell it for anything less than, let's say, 10% less than the competition, and not pocket the rest.

The rule of thumb: sell my goods for only the amount less than the competition which the buyer can clearly recognize as a draw to come to me instead of the competition.

In the field of microphones, I must say that I never saw a price which did not pretty much reflect the intrinsic/usable value of that mic vis a vis the competition.

Hi Klaus, whilst i can see the point you are trying to make, i feel that your statement is a little blanketed.  

there are other factors that need to be considered such as; Overheads, Concience and distribution.

All busineses work on a model, once everything is costed, you add you standard margin and vuala, you have a sell price.  If you do not have huge overheads and distribution then naturally your product is more cost effective and can be sold at a lower price, for instance; my Arabella Microphone is around 1800USD, it now is all australian made, no OEM body etc.  You should test one up against a U47 or CM7 even a Wagner if you wish, i am sure that you will be pleasently surprised and realise that price is not a true indication of quality.  A New mic is worth whatever the manufacturer say's in the brochure.  It is in no way indicative of the quality or sound....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 20 queries.