R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toft EQ  (Read 3651 times)

macca

Toft EQ
« on: May 06, 2004, 05:36:30 PM »

I know Fletcher waI'd s very complimentary of the eq in theToft Audio  ATC-2, and heard that Toft was coming out with an eq-only  version of that unit.  Anyone have any info on whether the eq-only version is still in the works and, if so, when it is sceduled to hit the streets.  Toft's website looks like it hasn't been updated in a loooooooong time.

thanks

sdelsolray

Re: Toft EQ
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 10:34:03 PM »

macca wrote on Thu, 06 May 2004 22:36

I know Fletcher waI'd s very complimentary of the eq in theToft Audio  ATC-2, and heard that Toft was coming out with an eq-only  version of that unit.  Anyone have any info on whether the eq-only version is still in the works and, if so, when it is sceduled to hit the streets.  Toft's website looks like it hasn't been updated in a loooooooong time.

thanks

August according to Alan Hyatt.  There's a thread over at recording.org, under the PMI subject area.

macca

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 02:21:08 AM »

thanks for the info

from what i can tell, tho, it's a differnt eq that is scheduled for august;  looks like the eq I'm talking about (same one a ozraves in the thread you mention) is in the "don't hold your breath" category;  certainly is taking them a long time in between announcing products and actually getting around to releasing them

I gotta say, Toft's website doesn't install a lot of confidence  -- there's no mention of the mixer that they are supposedly getting ready to release, yet the release date for the eq I'm looking for (which according to hyatt will not be finished until after the mixer) is fall 2003

so many companies get great buzz on these boards, but when you try to check them out via their websites, they look like total crap -- totally unprofessional and out-of date (in addition to Toft's, AMI Telefunken's and Innertube Audio's come to mind as examples) . . . perhaps they don't realize how they are hurting themselves by failing to utilize this extremely important marketing tool;  I'm not saying that it needs to be high tech, but when you can't even maintain an up-to-date web site, that includes a way to contact you to order product, or even bothers to describe your product, it doesn't make you look very good, regardless of the actual quality of your gear

LanceSexington

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 02:44:13 AM »

There is a Pre with the eq only out...Ive heard that the ATC-2 pres are alot like grace 201...not a bad pre alone but Id be interested in an 8 channel eq to complement my 8 channel yamaha pre.
Wayne

Alan Hyatt

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 03:15:58 PM »

macca,

Thank you for your candid opinions regarding the Toft Audio Website. I can tell you that we aware of it and are trying hard to rectify the matter. We have hired a new full time person to address all of our marketing in house.

With three websites to handle, it has become a good deal of work to try and keep up with them. As we grow, we find ourself digging deeper to only find more work that needs to be done.

We are in the process of getting ready to move into new facilities which will more than double our space. We are hiring more people and expanding our overseas operations as well. So, we admit we have not been affording our time to all the places we need to be.

The update is this. The AFC-2 has been now sent to another vendor and is delayed until August. The EC1- and DC-2 should be shipping in three to four weeks.

Malcolm is not finished with the mixer, but is almost done. He has added on an M/S Matrix to two of the channels and has added a digital output to the L/R outputs. The A Range is still in research as a result of obtaining old original parts that will have to be be reproduced, so it is best I not give a time on that.

We hope the mixer will be ready for AES. We will try to get all of this up on the site and try to do a weekly update from now on. We are just experiencing growing pains and being careful how we deal with it. I have seen to many companies get killed by growing too fast.

Anyway, thank you for bringing it to our attention. Feel free to e-mail anytime if you have specific questions.

Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group
alan@pmiaudio.com
www.pmiaudio.com

macca

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 06:02:02 PM »

thanks for the info, alan

I'll be keeping an eye out for the eq

I'm also interested in checking out the info on the mixer once you post it to your website

best of luck to you

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 22 queries.