R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Decramped?  (Read 11091 times)

bruno putzeys

Re: Decramped?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2007, 03:49:22 AM »

I'm talking sampled filters of course. This conversation is becoming very cryptic Smile
Warp Drive. Tractor Beam. Room Correction. Whatever.

Affiliations: Hypex, Grimm Audio.

Vladislavs Korehovs

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2007, 01:37:46 PM »

Bruno Putzeys wrote on Fri, 01 June 2007 02:49

I'm talking sampled filters of course. This conversation is becoming very cryptic Smile

Very Happy

Quince

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2007, 03:26:45 PM »

Is this decramping usable for other filters like crossovers?  Or, assuming there's already oversampling in the system, then wouldn't it be best to do a crossover after oversampling filter, just before the DACs?

Also, Bruno mentioned numerical optimization from a given response.  I'm wondering what the limitations are though, surely one can come up a set of magnitude and phase response curves that are not achievable in a digital equalizer?
Chat with us live at #diyaudio on irc.rizon.net !

"One of the surest signs of Conrad's genius is that women dislike his books." --George Orwell

bruno putzeys

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2007, 02:52:46 AM »

Usually crossover/speaker correction filters are designed/optimised directly in the z-domain, obviating the need to worry about transform methods from s to z domains and their various foibles. Otherwise the direct z transform works well enough for speakers.

Depends what you mean by achievable. If a FIR filter is allowed to become infinitely long and you're allowed to add an infinite amount of delay, any response is achievable. Otherwise, any response can be merely approximated.
Warp Drive. Tractor Beam. Room Correction. Whatever.

Affiliations: Hypex, Grimm Audio.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.