R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purple gone black?  (Read 1934 times)

r.baby

Purple gone black?
« on: May 06, 2007, 04:30:18 PM »

I bought one of the yummy looking MC76 kits from Purple, paid for it mid January. Andrew Roberts said it would be 5-6 weeks but I haven't heard anything yet. And they don't reply to my emails. Are they still in business? Seems strange, it's been a long time now ... the money aside, it would be kinda sad Sad

Ruairi O'Flaherty

Re: Purple gone black?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 06:41:29 AM »

Hey r.baby,

I don't know this for sure but I doubt that Andrew has gone bust.  Purple have always been slow shipping the MC76 kits.  As I understand it they make minimal profit from this service and do it mainly out of Andrew's affection for the DIY community.

I think the current delays are caused by a combination of 3 things -

-Purple has moved premises
-Purple discontinued the MC76 kit at the end of the year and received a huge amount of last minute orders (so bummed I missed that)
-Most of the parts in the kit are custom orders such as the input transformer,output transformer and the 4 way switchbank.

I don't know the guys at Purple so don'ttake any of this as fact but it's what I've gathered over the last while.  Keep the faith and I'm guessing someday you'll have a kick ass compressor.

Stay well,
Ruairi  

bushwick

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 02:24:10 PM »

Hey-

I have know Andrew a bit, not too well but I have been over to the old place in Long Island City a number of times and chilled with those guys. Andrew bought a place in PA and has moved things there. I am betting that he has his hands full getting the place together and running a business at the same time, much like Oliver of Tab-Funkenwerk fame. (He bought a damn school so you know hes busy.) Andrew is a straight shooter and the aforementioned comments are true regarding the MC76 kits. I haven't spoken with Andrew in a while but unless something dreadful has happened patience is your friend (and wants to spend some time with you.)

Best,
joshua
Joshua Kessler
bushwick  studio
brooklyn, ny
www.bushwickstudio.com

ricknroll

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 05:24:46 PM »

Why not trying calling them?  The number listed on their web site is (718) 482-8494.

Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.