R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quality Plug-Ins with ProTools HD - UAD et. al.  (Read 4936 times)

ballantyne

Quality Plug-Ins with ProTools HD - UAD et. al.
« on: May 23, 2007, 02:55:04 PM »

Hi,

I am looking at getting a protools HD system and want to know what folks are using in terms of plug-ins.

Everyone in the logic community speaks very highly of the UAD plugs - have folks used these successfully with PT HD?  I read some posts from 2004 - 2005 talking about using the FXpansion VST to RTAS wrapper and limitations of one plug per track - is this still the case or has the situation evolved?

Other plug-in packs I have worked with and liked are the Sony Oxford and Waves Renaissance kits.  Anything else I should look at closely to be used in combination with an HD system?  

I am looking to get the basic tools covered - eq, dynamics, reverb, delay, distortion, etc...

Thanks,
Thomas

Ben F

Re: Quality Plug-Ins with ProTools HD - UAD et. al.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 02:45:22 AM »

For adding colour, the UAD-1 is the best analogue emulation I've heard. The Neve and Pultec EQs are great, and the precision mastering bundle is a very nice addition to any mastering studio. You would want better converters than the HD system for mastering.

Coupled with the Waves Platinum (for creative effects)and Sony Oxford you couldn't go wrong. The Sony Oxford EQ is amazing. Other brands to look at are McDSP and Massey. For reverb, altiverb is king.

compasspnt

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 10:31:06 AM »

All of these mentioned, and also check out the very nice URS systems.

Boedo Constrictor

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 12:07:24 PM »

And the Chandler´s, Soundtoys....

Jason Lord

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 07:49:47 PM »

I only use the UAD-1 plugs on a Nuendo system on a PC.  And to date, they are some of the best I've heard.

As far as ProTools.  I'm using plugins from the HD2 pack, and Massive Packs v2 and v5. There's nothing I feel like I'm missing.  

Soundtoys Soundblender one of my favorites.
Reverb One is a good algorithm verb.
McDSP EQ & Comp are fairly go-to for me.

Cheers,
Jason Lord
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large amount of coal was mined & burned to make the electrons used.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 19 queries.