R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazing Grace?  (Read 745 times)

Vertigo

Amazing Grace?
« on: May 19, 2007, 11:15:12 AM »

Listen through til the end (you'll be glad you did):

http://www.yikers.com/video_worst_singer_ever.html

Oh, the joys of crack!

-Lance

cerberus

Re: Amazing Grace?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 06:35:20 PM »

i really think it is good in a way. and i am not a believer but i think that religion can be good in some ways. that was very "democratic" and you can feel that there is a lot of tolerance and love in that church.

none of us here are frank sinatra, we've all been told many times by our collegues, friends and families that "we should keep our day jobs". but i guess kareoke has a purpose, and religion,these are ways to get along.

i find it's nice to see a such room full of people who are not practicing hate speech against another group of people. not talking about so-called "sinners" being smitten and all that jazz.  so i find nothing to be cynical about here, and that's nice for me. (yes, the crackhead bob connection is hilarious too.)

maybe such tolerance could inspire someone else who is stage shy but much more talented to spark what could become a career?  a lot of great singers started this way. probably those congregants are now so hungry for talent, and maybe there is still a chance for "the next aretha franklin" to step up and be heard?

also if the church wants to sound better, and make their flock even happier: teach them to fish. so perhaps a staff job for a vocal coach? and don't they need to buy a compressor? (and an engineer...) and the largest pop filter that will fit!  it's almost like a whole industry could be wrought just from helping people make their own music. what a concept.

jeff dinces
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 18 queries.