R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schoeps mk4 caps unmatched pair?  (Read 3164 times)

zakco

Schoeps mk4 caps unmatched pair?
« on: May 13, 2007, 08:24:59 PM »

Hi there,

I'm considering purchasing a used (5-6 years old) schoeps CMC6-MS set (mk4cardioid and mk8 bidirectional caps) and wanted to get another mk4 capsule for use as a stereo cardoid pair.

Typically, how close will a new mk4 capsule be to the old one? Would I be better off selling the single mk4 and purchasing a matched stereo pair or will the unmatched pair likely be ok for use in x/y ortf configurations?

Thanks for any insight you might offer....

-Zak

liuto

Re: Schoeps mk4 caps unmatched pair?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 04:14:46 AM »

Zak, I have 3 MK4 caps with serial numbers quite a bit differing from each other and always use them in any combination for stereo pairs. I never had any problem. Maybe you want to buy another MK4 and look, if they have big enough differences to be concerned about. If that is the case you could just buy another new capsule from the same dealer with a close serial number (and sell the "old" capsule). The tolerances are typically very low with Schoeps, so chances are good to find a matching capsule.

Best regards
Hermann Platzer

davebl

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 06:21:46 AM »

I have 8 CCM 4's all match very well, they are not matched or sequentialy numbered but with in a couple of hundred serial numbers of one an other.

Dave Blackham
UK

zakco

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 12:35:40 PM »

Hermann, Dave,

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate your insight. That is encouraging information. I kind of suspected that they would be fine, but it's nice to hear that others mk4 owners on this.

Thanks!

-Zak
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.