R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nice to be here. Sounds a little roomy, though...  (Read 5329 times)

Knastratt

Nice to be here. Sounds a little roomy, though...
« on: April 24, 2004, 04:55:38 PM »

...but I'd guess things will fill up shortly.

Nice to be here and nice to have you aboard Klaus. I'm interested in what microphones you've had the chance to try that really blew your mind. And what your stand is on this new flood of mics that's raining over us.

Is there any info on the Didrik de Geer anywhere on the web as far as you're concerned?

Bye!
Pär Hällquist - Trackstop Recording.
One stop track shop.

Klaus Heyne

Re: Nice to be here. Sounds a little roomy, though...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 11:49:34 PM »

Hey, Mr. ??? From now on, please use your real name on this forum and we may have a nice conversation about all kinds of things.

Frankly, I am not fond of generic questions about mics.

No, to my knowledge, there is no website for Didrik de Geer's products. Stephen Jarvis in San Rafael, CA, sponsors him and has a couple of his mics in rental rotation.

Is there anything specific in your question about De Geer's Copper monsters?  

For example, are you going to test one of these $20k mics and then report back to the forum, how they compare to other high priced mics?
If not, I'm not sure how the question will help professionals on this forum.

Regarding microphones that blew me away?
It's more individual mics rather than brands or models that have made a lasting sonic impression on me.

For example, I have heard splendid and disappointing samples of the "Big Five" (I should get a TM on that expression, not that everyone is using it)
I have heard a few impressive mics outside of that Club of Five as well.

In general, I have never found that kind of discussion particularly helpful for any reader, because mic preferences are such an individual, subjective, sensual experience which does not easily translate to the next listener's ears, mind-set and heart. MIcs' features need to be discussed, for sure, but always with an eye toward eventually sharing with readers actual experiences with the specific model, otherwise, these discussions deteriorate to a circle jerk.

Kind regards,
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks
www.GermanMasterworks.com

Knastratt

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 05:19:45 AM »

Ok, got your point. Fair enough.

My name is P
Pär Hällquist - Trackstop Recording.
One stop track shop.

Fletcher

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 07:44:31 AM »

Hi P
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Trazan

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 07:45:40 AM »

Knastratt wrote on Sun, 25 April 2004 11:19

I track guitars through a THD UniValve into a Randall IsoCab. The IsoCab is miced with a SM57. What's your point on putting a AEA ribbon inside it. I can't borrow one to test. Have you ever tried anything like that?

Hi P

Trazan

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 07:51:17 AM »

Errr Fletcher, you guys are at least 6 hours behind us, and you still manage to sneak a post in front of mine?  Razz
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.