R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "Setting a deadline for withdrawal is setting a date for failure."  (Read 5069 times)

rollmottle

yeah, instead we'd rather just be a failure on a daily basis until further notice...

SENTRALL Sound East
My SoundCloud | Twitter | www.sentrall.com

J.J. Blair

Re: "Setting a deadline for withdrawal is setting a date for failure."
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 10:38:11 PM »

I think some of the Republicans are calling it the "surrender date" or something like that.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Jay Kadis

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 11:23:29 AM »

It's a way of diverting attention from the fact that failure was pre-ordained by the decision to undertake the mission in the first place.

This exact outcome was predicted by many who were simply shouted down.

Die BREMSSPUR

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 11:35:44 AM »

Jay Kadis wrote on Wed, 02 May 2007 17:23

It's a way of diverting attention from the fact that failure was pre-ordained by the decision to undertake the mission in the first place.

What exactly is the outcome?

lemme nough...

tik
I used to be self-effacing but I couldn't even do that right
http://www.pmtstudios.com

J.J. Blair

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 01:45:55 PM »

The Scientologists are going to run Iraq.  That's the outcome.  The Iraqis will become operational Thetans.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

Die BREMSSPUR

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 02:01:40 PM »

J.J. Blair wrote on Wed, 02 May 2007 19:45

The Scientologists are going to run Iraq.  That's the outcome.  The Iraqis will become operational Thetans.

LOL...

This explains the lack of german involvement...

Jay Kadis

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 02:04:35 PM »

Die BREMSSPUR wrote on Wed, 02 May 2007 08:35

Jay Kadis wrote on Wed, 02 May 2007 17:23

What exactly is the outcome?

lemme nough...

tik

1. Unrestrained sectarian violence

2. Destroyed infrastructure (electricity, water)

3. New base of operations for "terror" networks

4. Break-up of Iraq into Sunni, Shiite, Kurd nations

5. Reduction of general Iraqi standard of living

No matter the ultimate resolution of the above, by what right does the United States inflict this on the people of Iraq?

Die BREMSSPUR

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 02:43:37 PM »

First off, let me say that the reason I asked was to get your opinion.  By listening to your view I can perhaps have a better outlook on this, since it is so important to me.

So although I am totally against your point of view, maybe we can both get something out of this.

I am also horrified by the whole undertaking...butt...

Points 1 and 2.
I would add that we did the same thing to Holland and parts of France.

I am not sure that years of tyranny equate to not having a shower for a while.

I would also say that the violence could be very restrained.  This is not quantifiable.  And the Kurds are way better off.  I don't know this but I have heard that the violence is limited to the capital and some other areas.

3.  From a terrorist perspective I would not call being surrounded by marines and coalition air power an optimum place for a new base.

4. Right on

5. Well you can't make an omelet...

Hmmm...reduction of the standard of living...

I really think this is bullshit.  OK in Baghdad where the strong lived high on the hog...but I saw nothing but the most horrible crushing poverty throughout the country.  People living in holes in the ground and people with just one set of clothes.

I can't believe that they are down to just half a set of clothes....

I can instantly tell by your tone that you are a thoughtful and intelligent type...yada yada yada...

But it still doesn't make you immune from repeating false information and bullshit rife with blind agenda, or have you been there, if so my mistake?

I am repulsed by so much of the opinion on this subject and heartbroken that we were too stupid from the beginning and lack the imagination today for a better outcome.  Better meaning...better...

Would like to be more thorough butt...

I am out for pasta...

ciao...

tik

Die BREMSSPUR

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 02:49:44 PM »

Sorry.

As to your final question.

I believe it is our duty and obligation to go around the world solving problems.

So there you go...

Someone with an opposite view point.

Jay Kadis

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 04:16:32 PM »

I know you have a different view, but neither of us are Iraqis.  The idea that powerful nations should undertake to "set right" the rest of the world is dangerous.  Where does it stop?  How many innocent people die? Who decides?  Iraq had a high level of education and growing middle class even under Hussein.  

No one argues Hussein was good, but he lacked the ability to expand his power globally or threaten the US directly.  He was a local problem and would have been ignored if he didn't control massive oil fields.  The US simply does not have the right to choose the government for other countries.  Maybe when China decides it's time to "fix" the United States we will understand this. What goes around comes around.

And even if you believe it would be right to depose Hussein, it should have at least been done effectively with sufficient forces to control the aftermath.  It was a slip-shod, on-the-cheap affair and the Iraqi people are paying the price.  This just expresses contempt for the people we were ostensibly trying to help.

Die BREMSSPUR

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 05:30:21 PM »

I totally agree with you last paragraph.

And I understand your reasoning.

And of course it's dangerous to try and do something about the injustice in the world.

It's a sad situation when your shit is so jacked up that the U.S. government has to step in.

You are reduced to Waco status.

Our government collectively supposed it knew what was best for Panama and the Phillipines.  Much later we took a different approach with South Korea.

Why?

Why such a difference?  Certainly it's a extremely strategic outpost.

The optimistic answer would be due to enlightenment.

In any case you make the point for oil.  I think that's bullshit based on too many years of witnessing otherwise, but have had too many wiezens with my pizza...

And I have to drive to Belgium tomorrow and then to AES in Vienna..

And George thinks I'm old so I have to go to bed.

Nice chatting with you....

later

tik

Jay Kadis

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 06:02:08 PM »

You're right in that it's not all about oil: W also had a vendetta against Saddam for trying to off his dad.

Let us know what's new at the AES.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 06:58:15 PM »

I am sorry.  We can't give you a timetable for the AES convention.  That would embolden the sales people.

Barry

Steve Hudson

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 01:05:45 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 02 May 2007 17:58

I am sorry.  We can't give you a timetable for the AES convention.  That would embolden the sales people.

Barry

LOL!
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."

- Hunter S. Thompson should have said this, but didn't

http://www.myspace.com/steventoddhudson

ssltech

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 02:44:56 PM »

Die BREMSSPUR wrote on Wed, 02 May 2007 14:49

I believe it is our duty and obligation to go around the world solving problems.

Then Iraq ahould have been WAY down the list.

You were all up for Rwanda then? -Howzabout Darfur?

No. -What was I thinking? -The Bush admin's myopic focus on "Islamic Fascists" means that we have to keep having tea on teh lawn with the Sudanese govt, while they condone and enable the murder of tens of thousands.

Another scone, Tik? -Or are you already on plane to Africa?

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.