R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ladies and Gentleman; Boys and Girls... Welcome to Fenway Park  (Read 20013 times)

RobMacki

Re: Ladies and Gentleman; Boys and Girls... Welcome to Fenway Park
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2004, 11:58:52 AM »

Fenway Park?

Dodger Stadium!! circa 1971.
My brother and I (11yrs old) went in the elevator after getting Dodger Dogs and rode up w/ Vin Scully. We were like "It's VIN SCULLY!!!!!!" We asked him to sign our baseball. He replied, "you kids know who I am?" "YOU'RE VIN SCULLY!!!!" I think it blew his mind as much as ours.

Great new forum. Hope to learn even more. If I don't chime in, know I'll be lurkin' about.  Very Happy

Lee Tyler

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2004, 12:22:23 AM »

RobMacki wrote on Sat, 24 April 2004 11:58

Fenway Park?

Dodger Stadium!! circa 1971.
My brother and I (11yrs old) went in the elevator after getting Dodger Dogs and rode up w/ Vin Scully. We were like "It's VIN SCULLY!!!!!!" We asked him to sign our baseball. He replied, "you kids know who I am?" "YOU'RE VIN SCULLY!!!!" I think it blew his mind as much as ours.

Great new forum. Hope to learn even more. If I don't chime in, know I'll be lurkin' about.  Very Happy

Medical Diagnostic Imaging Center on Park Avenue, N.Y.C....Circa 1991:

Guy getting an exam in an adjacent room to my exam room looks VERY familiar to me. I inquired "You sure look like Raoul Felder" (famous divorce lawyer). He replied "people have said that to me". After he left the office, I took a look at my imaging buddie's logbook, and sure enough...it really WAS him. Sneaky Bastit'!!   ---Lee

Best of luck with this forum, guys!!
Nurse to doctor: "Doctor, there is a man in the waiting room who thinks he's invisible".

Doctor to nurse: "Nurse, tell him I can't see him"

Emanuel the Gardener

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2004, 02:13:39 AM »

lucey wrote on Thu, 22 April 2004 09:15

man, am i tired
spent the morning digging, got all muddy

me 2.

Knastratt

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2004, 12:01:46 PM »

It's an honor to spend time with some of the most renowned AE 's and recording people/gear-sluts/innovators of our time. (I know you're in there somewhere!)

You guys teach me a lot and maybe I can teach you something too.

Your advice are ruining me though. *sigh*

Get going Fletcher.
Pär Hällquist - Trackstop Recording.
One stop track shop.

muddy

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2004, 01:24:41 AM »

hey look! it's the gentle giant giant!!! kewl!

ml
"I come from a background of experimental music which mingled real sounds together with musical sounds." - Ennio Morricone

"no, no, you're all confused. it's not the sun that's goin' down, it's the hori-ZON that's movin' up!" - firesign theatre

"...i don't possess a mansion, a villa in france, a yacht, or a string of polopponies." - E.N.

(Another) Dave Dermont

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2004, 01:29:57 PM »

Hey Fletcher

Was it your tab that paid for all that Bass Ale I was drinkin' down at The Lakeside Lounge last October?

Nothing goes together like an open bar & a good public transportation system!

Later!

Dave Dermont
Chief Lizard - LAB Lounge

Stephen Fortner

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2004, 08:56:57 PM »

Hey Fletcher,

Enjoyed your previous forum a lot... looking forward to things here. Having grown up in Burlington, Vermont, I used to make the 3-hour drive to Boston a lot, especially when I wanted to look at high-end gear (keyboards at that time) at E.U. Wurlitzer or Daddy's Junky Music. Great town, especially at the time of day when the Citgo sign is lighting up just as you're heading into the city over the Mass Ave bridge.

Now I share a coastal California tourist trap with vacuum tube mad scientist "Stayne," and one of his bastard children, a preamp-cum-opto-comp built into an old Heathkit oscilloscope chassis, sits next to my screen as I write this.

Peace and blessings on the new digs.  
Stephen Fortner
Contributing Editor, Keyboard Magazine

Any opinions expressed here are entirely my own. They are not intended to reflect the opinions of any  publication or other organization with which I may be associated.

Fletcher

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2004, 12:52:41 PM »

AnotherDave wrote on Wed, 28 April 2004 13:29

Hey Fletcher

Was it your tab that paid for all that Bass Ale I was drinkin' down at The Lakeside Lounge last October?

Nothing goes together like an open bar & a good public transportation system!

Indeed!!... that Bass Ale was brought to you by the good people of Manley Labs, Bomb Factory, ADAM Monitors, Empirical Labs, TransAmerica Audio Group... and our very own, ProSoundWeb.com... we just organized it.

Glad you had fun!!
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 19 queries.