R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maybe A Little Gun Control Might Help  (Read 13712 times)

Die BREMSSPUR

Re: Maybe A Little Gun Control Might Help
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2007, 03:37:05 AM »

W,

I guess you don't keep track of who says what in any given thread...

But that's cool...

Let's argue about whatever you want.

I used to be self-effacing but I couldn't even do that right
http://www.pmtstudios.com

Larrchild

« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2007, 04:37:29 AM »

Quote:

W, it was an obvious reference to the continent...

get your shit together!

Enough incontinence, We are the cowboys of the world, I admit it.
But there are hot spots everywhere.
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

PookyNMR

« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2007, 11:46:53 AM »

Larrchild wrote on Tue, 01 May 2007 02:37

We are the cowboys of the world, I admit it.

Yes, America seems to be quite the anomaly when it comes to violence.  I've heard many reasonings, but whatever the case, it's observable that there is a culture of violence in the USA that you don't see as much in other 1st world nations.

Nathan Rousu

danickstr

« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2007, 11:52:04 AM »

thats cause we have to kick so much ass to keep you furigners from getting eaten by the big bad commies.
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

Die BREMSSPUR

« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2007, 11:56:52 AM »

PookyNMR wrote on Tue, 01 May 2007 17:46

Larrchild wrote on Tue, 01 May 2007 02:37

We are the cowboys of the world, I admit it.

Yes, America seems to be quite the anomaly when it comes to violence.  I've heard many reasonings, but whatever the case, it's observable that there is a culture of violence in the USA that you don't see as much in other 1st world nations.

I don't understand the comparisons to Western Europe....

Not only that our genetic composition was every crazy mother fukken religious fruitcake that they put on a boat to get rid of.  Every mad murderous bastard that was too big for his little dorf in the Hessian hills got on the boat to kill and savage.  Every whacked out loser who didn't fit in...on the boat.

Every poor loser mother fukker from Ireland and Italy who couldn't cut it...on the boat...

Every brother who got rounded it up in Africa...on the boat...

Every complete psychopathic restless dog fukking retard...on the boat...

Every burned out British rock star whose offspring look like they came from the Island of Dr. Monreau...

Mix that all together....

Here I am...

So don't compare me to these perfectly logical, conservative euros....

Cause I'll fukken bite you!

lemme nough...

tik

Jon Hodgson

« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2007, 12:29:22 PM »

wwittman wrote on Tue, 01 May 2007 05:19

oh okay.

so the fact that Britain seems able to control both guns and gun violence is irrelevant because you were tlaking baout the continent?

how many gun deaths per capita in Britain in a year versus in the US.
even NOW.

I suspect a lot of it may be down to perception and attitude to guns.

There seems to be much more of a macho attitude about guns in the US than in Europe.

Just look at the tv/movies...

In a British film, if someone pulls out a gun it's unusual, it's scary, ugly death is the most likely outcome, it's not glamourous.

In an American movie, guns come out all the time, there are endless gunfights where the good guys (or maybe the antihero in the film) are practically bulletproof, guns are cool, gunfights are exciting.

Take a look at where a lot of our increases in gun crime in the UK are happening, with street gangs caught up in the myth of "Gangsta" cool, perpetuated by artists who'd probably just end up as someone's bitch if they ever really went to prison, people are starting to think that carrying a gun makes them cool and tough... and then others start to carry guns in case they meet one of these guys...

Or look at Switzerland, more guns per citizen than the USA, but much less gun crime, why? I get the impression that in the USA owning guns is seen first and foremost as a RIGHT, whereas in Switzerland it is seen as a RESPONSIBILITY.

danickstr

« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2007, 12:32:59 PM »

Jon Hodgson wrote on Tue, 01 May 2007 12:29

with street gangs caught up in the myth of "Gangsta" cool, perpetuated by artists who'd probably just end up as someone's bitch if they ever really went to prison

Shocked
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

Die BREMSSPUR

« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2007, 01:01:34 PM »

Jon Hodgson wrote on Tue, 01 May 2007 18:29

wwittman wrote on Tue, 01 May 2007 05:19

oh okay.

so the fact that Britain seems able to control both guns and gun violence is irrelevant because you were tlaking baout the continent?

how many gun deaths per capita in Britain in a year versus in the US.
even NOW.

I suspect a lot of it may be down to perception and attitude to guns.

There seems to be much more of a macho attitude about guns in the US than in Europe.

In a British film, if someone pulls out a gun it's unusual, it's scary, ugly death is the most likely outcome, it's not glamourous.

In an American movie, guns come out all the time, there are endless gunfights where the good guys (or maybe the antihero in the film) are practically bulletproof, guns are cool, gunfights are exciting.

Take a look at where a lot of our increases in gun crime in the UK are happening, with street gangs caught up in the myth of "Gangsta" cool, perpetuated by artists who'd probably just end up as someone's bitch if they ever really went to prison, people are starting to think that carrying a gun makes them cool and tough... and then others start to carry guns in case they meet one of these guys...

Or look at Switzerland, more guns per citizen than the USA, but much less gun crime, why? I get the impression that in the USA owning guns is seen first and foremost as a RIGHT, whereas in Switzerland it is seen as a RESPONSIBILITY.

Those Swiss are some repsonsibility having mother fukker....

They sell their guns to the highest bidder...

right on...

fight the power...

what else do the movies say?

PookyNMR

« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2007, 01:02:54 PM »

Jon Hodgson wrote on Tue, 01 May 2007 10:29

Exactly - it is all part of the American culture of glamorized violence.
Nathan Rousu

stevieeastend

« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2007, 03:02:36 PM »

Hi Tik,

see you on saturday and looking forward to the german beer, which I pretty much know from a couple of experiences in good old germany.

I´ve been to America very often, long stays, and I have to disagree that americans somehow treat each other better. I really do think that europeans, especially when it comes to the use of guns, ARE FOR SURE more civilized than americans.

The fact that european countries take the guns they keep away from their people, and sell it to, f.e. Irak is, on the other hand for sure an uncivilized act of ingnorance and greed.

cheers
steve

Die BREMSSPUR

« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2007, 05:31:24 PM »

steveeastend wrote on Tue, 01 May 2007 21:02

Hi Tik,

see you on saturday and looking forward to the german beer, which I pretty much know from a couple of experiences in good old germany.

I´ve been to America very often, long stays, and I have to disagree that americans somehow treat each other better. I really do think that europeans, especially when it comes to the use of guns, ARE FOR SURE more civilized than americans.

The fact that european countries take the guns they keep away from their people, and sell it to, f.e. Irak is, on the other hand for sure an uncivilized act of ingnorance and greed.

cheers
steve

Thanx for the kind words.

My intention, and maybe I am waaaaayyyy out there, is to challenge people here to come up with their own opinions instead of repeating what is being fed to them.

I hope this comes across to some...

Anyhoo...for European civility, please see Yugoslavia or all the minority police officers and small town officials here in Germany.

Go anywhere outside a major city here and tell them you are from Israel...

Free drinks all around....

Butt...

I was referring to just your everyday common civility...

Most places here on the continent people step on your dick and bum rush you constantly....

It happened to me twice today at the music store of all places....

Sorry a chick bum rushed me too...so three times...

Anyway, I don't give a shit or I would move.

It's just an observation.

And it was a response about civility....

But if you look at the last hundred years many more euros have died from gunfire than 'mericans...

So we're obviously in the same bucket...

Speaking of buckets...

Bier coming south...

variety pack...

tik
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 23 queries.