R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting My Garage  (Read 16025 times)

el duderino

Re: Converting My Garage
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2008, 09:14:01 PM »

and here is a shot looking toward the back by the closet from the front corner.index.php/fa/8268/0/

el duderino

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »

so its pretty much all done now. i'll post pics once its lookin all perty. i got a bunch of 244's for the ceiling and will be ordering more panels for the rest of the room soon. right now, im dealing with a set back due to the mini split heat pump tripping the circuit its on. 15A heat pump, 20A circuit, nothing else on it. and it was the electrical that was already run to the garage (the only line) and working fine. ARGGG! could be the unit itself but want to make sure before getting a replacement.

oh and the dimmers for the track lighting are buzzing. so i have to figure that out too. just wish the heat pump was working so i can move everything in there. the weather is still too weird here. 80 one day then 40 at night the next.

i'll be back.....

rankus

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2008, 02:14:15 PM »

Ian,  Try swapping out the breaker with a new one... They can get "tired" and trip at low amps...

Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

el duderino

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2008, 03:03:08 PM »

will do Rick, thanks for the tip!

danickstr

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2008, 08:44:53 PM »

some motors need more than the rated amps to start, and it may be just enough to put you over the 20 amp circuit.  seems silly, but that is the way they do it.

btw great 3d artwork by the guy from NJ!

also, nice room by my neighbor in Issaquah
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

el duderino

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2008, 10:07:19 AM »

well it turns out it was the emergency shutoff breaker outside. but we've got that under control and now im just waiting to get some R410A put in it and then its time to move stuff in. woo hoo! I hung up a bunch 244's (getting more) and they look great and have made a noticeable difference when just standing there and talking.

el duderino

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2008, 01:48:22 PM »

ok. so let me say im sorry its taken so long for some completed pics. had some things to do like, get married, work everyday, get someone who take take a picture without screwing it up (ala me) and wait for dumb shit to happen like the r410a! but i am sorry. you guys provided me with more help than you think. thanks a ton.

here are some pics of the place.index.php/fa/9748/0/

view from the back. better chair coming soon.

el duderino

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2008, 01:51:09 PM »

this is the rear view. the coffee table and couch are on wheels so i just push the table to the side wall and move the couch up right behind me and voila! a space for drums. it wasn't in my initial plan, but they sound surprisingly good in there. woo hoo!

index.php/fa/9749/0/

el duderino

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2008, 01:57:28 PM »

here's a shot of the iso booth. looks smaller than it actually is, but it isnt very big. just big enough for an amp or two, ac gtr, vocals, etc.

again im sorry for seemingly abandoning this thread but its been busy, thankfully. just 2 days ago i actually had people with record deals in my humble place and i've got quite a bit lined up for the next few months. which is good cuz i got DEBT!

who am i kidding, its all going to get reshuffled into an ATB and new converters. thanx again guys, you rule.

index.php/fa/9750/0/

C.Cash

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2008, 11:30:10 AM »

looks great man!
Is that a Halogen lamp? If so does it have a dimmer and if so is it quiet?

Thanks.
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

el duderino

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2008, 12:41:41 PM »

C.Cash wrote on Wed, 20 August 2008 11:30

looks great man!
Is that a Halogen lamp? If so does it have a dimmer and if so is it quiet?

Thanks.

thanks! that is not a halogen lamp. it is a random piece of crap lamp that somehow survived a couple moves and the wife wanted it gone. very low WAF. think i got it at ikea 5 or 6 years ago. odd thing is, the top part buzzes a bit but the little side arm light doesn't. but thats fine since everyone wants it dim anyway.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.