R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 610 tracking signal  (Read 2337 times)

erikjamesmusic

610 tracking signal
« on: March 28, 2007, 08:46:48 PM »

hey y'all. i run a composers studio here in NYC, and currently tracking everything through my apogee ensemble (usually w the soft limit feature). the pre's are nice and clean, but i'm looking to buy a pre and compressor thats warmer, more forward sounding.

Anyhow, i've done a ton of research on here and GS, and I can't decide whether I want to buy the GR ME1-NV with an RNC ($1250 total), or the LA-610 ($1400). I use all the UA plugs frequently, so would the 610 pre and compressor be redundant? I figure that the GR is probably a better preamp for my situation, but the 610 has a better (more transparent?) compressor than the RNC. again, i'm leanin towards the GR/RNC combo as not to be redundant.

thoughts?

erikjamesmusic

Re: 610 tracking signal
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 08:49:37 PM »

forgot to include that i'm tracking mainly male and female vocals, acoustic and electric guitars. genres ranging from indie rock to showtunes to hip hop to orchestral. thanks guys!

odysseys

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 02:13:03 AM »

You can try the solo 610 which is the same sound without the comp and it's cheaper.
Good take is all it takes.

erikjamesmusic

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 03:12:12 AM »

odysseys wrote on Thu, 29 March 2007 01:13

You can try the solo 610 which is the same sound without the comp and it's cheaper.

really? i thought the solo pre was a lesser quality pre than the 610. its the same?

odysseys

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 04:08:22 AM »

The La-610,according to other users,seems a bit brighter than the rest.

Now that i refresh my memory it seems that the solo is the same preamp with the m610 and 2-610 not the La (but i guess it's not a bad thing either).

Anyway,i'm interested in the solo 610 myself,so i also would appreciate some input from users of both units
Good take is all it takes.

Fletcher

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 04:56:59 PM »

I'd recommend you try both sets next to each other... pick the set that best compliments your sense of aesthetic, return the other set but know its capabilities for future reference.

Best of luck with the search!!
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 20 queries.