R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can anyone help troubleshoot this issue? Lynx L22, Lavry AD10  (Read 3379 times)

OTR Mastering

• OTR Mastering
Can anyone help troubleshoot this issue? Lynx L22, Lavry AD10
« on: October 20, 2011, 11:15:27 AM »

Please help troubleshoot this issue:

System:
Win7 Pro
Samplitude Pro v11
Lynx L22
Lynx ASIO drivers

Config:
Samp track 1 (stereo) > L22 AES Dig Out > Lavry DA10 AES Dig In > Lavry DA10 Analog Out > Analog gear chain > Lavry AD10 Analog In > Lavry AD10 AES Dig Out > L22 AES Dig In > Samp track 2 (stereo)

BNC cable installed between L22 Clock Out and Lavry AD10 Clock In
L22 set to AES/EBU Internal clock
AD10 set to Word clock

L22 mixer shows signal @ Dig Out. There is analog signal present at AD10 input. L22 shows no signal @ Dig In. I have tested AD10 for AES Dig Out signal by inputting analog signal into AD10, connecting its AES out to AES in of DA10 and monitoring signal on DA10 analog out. Test verifies that AD10 is outputting AES Dig signal. In another test, I connected analog signal into AD10 and connected AD10 AES Dig Out to L22 AES Dig In. Lynx mixer shows no signal @ Dig In.

Any ideas? Some setting I'm missing...?
Thanks.
JL
JL
OTR Mastering
Professional Audio Production for Life
shoutlife.com/OTRMastering

Patrik_T

Re: Can anyone help troubleshoot this issue? Lynx L22, Lavry AD10
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 02:44:16 AM »

OTR Mastering

• OTR Mastering
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 08:46:02 AM »

Tried that too; still didn't work. Next I'm going to try feeding the L22 AES In from a different unit. Although I've already inspected the solder terminations of the L22's Sync cable Dig In XLR connector, its possible that the cable itself may be bad. I'll check continuity between the XLR pins and D-sub pins. If cable tests good, it maybe the L22 card itself. Hope not. Until now, I've never tried to use the L22 Dig In so I'm not even sure that it works.

Thanks for the suggestion...
JL
OTR Mastering

OTR Mastering

• OTR Mastering
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »

Found it!!

Inputting AES Dig signal from other sources proved that the L22 Dig In was working properly. Also determined that the AD10 was outputting AES Dig signal properly (well, sort of). Digging into the L22's settings menu, I found an option checked that said something like 'Mute Digital Input on Error'. So I unchecked that option and "boom!" there's my digital audio input signal.

Made a phone call to Lavry tech support and it turns out that my unit was one of the first units produced and has some setting in one of its chips that is not passing certain digital data correctly. He assured me that it has nothing whatsoever to do with the integrity of the audio but that it will cause things like the option I found in the L22 settings to reject the signal. So, all I have to do is keep that option unchecked and I'm good to go. Minor nuisance. Furthermore, he said they have a mod for that which will fix this issue so if I wish, I can send the AD10 in and they will fix it. I just might do that.

I'm just glad it was something this simple and that nothing is "broken".

AD10 sounds great, btw, Now I just have to get used to hearing things a little better than what I've gotten used to.

Thanks to all who helped or at least thought about it...
JL
JL
OTR Mastering
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.