R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum is over  (Read 15967 times)

rosshogarth

Forum is over
« on: October 20, 2011, 07:01:02 PM »

The forum as we know it is over
I'm done and gone
Sorry that it has to end like this but the forum no longer is a place for me
I'm outta here
The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.

The standard of success in life isn't the things. It isn't the money or the stuff. It is absolutely the amount of joy that you feel.

Fletcher

Re: Forum is over
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 08:21:40 PM »

Sorry to see you go mate... its a shame that this current iteration didn't live up to expectations.  I for one can certainly understand your frustration... and sincerely wish you the best of everything in any / all of your future internet based endeavors [you don't need my well wishes on a professional level... as you are the consummate audio professional].

Peace
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Jim Williams

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 11:42:29 AM »

It's never really over, your words will live in cyberspace for thousands of years, or a couple at least.

Which forum? So many out there. Why this one? Is it too much time to moderate? A lack of interest? Management?

Do tell!

Bubba--Kron

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 09:13:36 PM »

I wish they never changed formats, the old PSW was awesome!!!  This place has potential still I think!!!!

Cheers, Bryan Richards

Ernie Black

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 02:37:22 PM »

Don't give up the ship! We are working to improve the forums. The latest news is the migration of the classic FUD forum (the old REP or recforums.prosoundweb.com) into the new forum.

On the evening of Sat 10/22, starting at about 11pm ET (NY, USA) we will be integrating the old FUD forms into these forums. This will eliminate the need to continue to maintain the separate system. The old posts will be part of these forums, but in archive form, no new posts will be allowed to those old threads.

We apologize in advance for the inconvenience, but the benefit will be real.

Thanks

Code Warrior of the Seven Galaxies

rosshogarth

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 03:54:17 PM »

This will be my last post and I am going to be frank

When REP changed and moved in March
I was convinced to stay and keep continuity for the transition instead of making waves by leaving.
I was requesting that WHATEVER WORKS be shut down since I was the original moderator.
Without me or Terry Manning, who had been my co moderator for years, not staying on, it was NOT Whatever Works anymore ...

I requested of FLETCHER and REP that I take the name WHATEVER WORKS and go and move on
That way whatever new forum would be new.

Fletcher was extremely resistant to letting me have the name of the forum I NAMED ..
I was convinced by Fletcher that this forum would be a new and fine tuned forum and I stayed.

I stayed to help the transition
I stayed to play with Michael Brauer, Ron the Saint and John Travis
and I stayed out of some crazy loyalty to my own forum
Well this forum has never been fine tuned and will never be.

The truth is that this forum is DEAD and now a ghost town.
Brad Blackwood has left the mastering forum and his marquee is gone
Klaus has not had a new post on his forum in days
John Travis has taken his name off this forum AND
AS of MOnday when Fletcher decides and get's around to do it,
Michael Brauer will no longer have his name on this forum.
Michael already made that clear to Fletcher
but Fletcher didn't choose to make that happen yet

Funny tho, it seems that Fletchers name has appeared on the marquee
but he decidedly has not deleted Michaels name ... huh ? waht  ?

Fletcher your name next Michaels and THe Saint is joke ..
how many records have you made that anyone has ever even listened to ?

I now PUBLICLY request that Whatever Works be closed and the NAME CHANGED

Change the name

Have it be whatever you want it to be
It will then be yours
You can own it then
But
To have the name stay and have my and Terry's and Whatever Works legacy as a forum
be tainted by Fletcher and whatever it is you are up to is a disgrace to me and all past moderators

That is that and I leave it at that
Do the right thing for once in your life Fletcher
Whatever Works is DEAD
bUry it
MOve On
Why beat a dead horse ?
It makes no sense to me

anyway
One mans ceiling is another mans floor
and
The truth just sounds different from my side of the floor

later guys
peace out
Ross

The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.

The standard of success in life isn't the things. It isn't the money or the stuff. It is absolutely the amount of joy that you feel.

Jim Williams

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 01:04:14 PM »

Seems there is some bad blood between the moderators. Looks like typical ego/politics games like I have seen too often before.

Invoking Rodney King is probably a bit too late here.

So much for quietly leaving the stage.

If a name is that important, you should have got the trademark because legally you have no case.

davedarling

• Real Full Name: dave darling
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 01:23:48 PM »

I'm with Ross on this one - I think a name change is in order.

my 2 cents.

best  dd

Jim Sam

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 02:21:19 AM »

Not to get in the middle of a fight, but I was pleased when the switch happened, in that all the forums had a stronger emphasis on professionalism.  Personally, I refuse to even read a forum called "gearslutz."

(I'm not writing this out of naivety. There's more I could write, but it would be inappropriate in a public forum.)

bigbone

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 10:35:41 AM »

Ross i want to thank you for for all the advice and the great chat.....
But you are right it's time to move on......

Extreme Mixing

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 01:06:47 PM »

I tried to post here when things changed in March.  But there is NOTHING GOING ON AROUND HERE.  For me, it's not the new system, It's the lack of participation.  I never saw Ross here, or Michael, either.  Days go by without a post.  Terry's forum is always busy, and most a of the people who came here are now there.  Every day, they have more posts than this place has generated ALL YEAR.  As far as the older archives are concerned, I don't really care about them.  Do I really need to look up Nika or Paul Frindle's comments on the 48 bit mix bus with the 56 bit accumulator?  It's a new day.

I don't really do Gearslutz either.  Craig Anderton's forum is really mostly hobbyists.  Nothing wrong with that, but I prefer to chat with other industry professionals.  They just don't seem to come here in numbers that can sustain a conversation.  With the change to HDX and new possibilities, there is plenty of opportunity to talk about subjects that are important to professionals in the industry.  I see nothing of that here.  It's too bad.

Fletcher has spent too much time defending older technologies like Tape, to be very useful to me.  That's just not the way work is being done anymore.  We could debate that 15 years ago when I was one of the few mixing records on a Mix system, but now, taking that side seems completely out of step with reality.

I'll stop by from time to time to see what's going on, but for me this place has been gone for a long time.

Steve

Bubba--Kron

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 08:42:26 PM »

It really is amazing how a forum with such amazing Mods did not take off.  I think it was a situation where no one wanted to be thee last one holding the bag, and the mods just did not seem to want to participate less and less.   Thanks to Fletcher and everyone for their efforts!!

Its a shame it had to end with personal attacks, but whatever!!  I hope this place rises from the ashes after a make over!!
Cheers, Bryan Richards

Manning

• Real Full Name: Manning Bartlett
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 11:53:17 PM »

I'm aware that this forum has suffered a drop-off in traffic recently. I'm not getting involved in any of that, however I have one comment to make about the lack of participation.

New users might be leaving because the verification requirements for new posts are pretty harsh, and if you get them wrong the site just erases everything you wrote. This will be my 4th 5th 6th attempt at posting a comment - all my previous attempts have been erased. (I'm now copying before I attempt to post, and simply pasting every time I start again).
Studio Laughing Duck, Sydney Australia (opening Feb 2013)
http://studiolaughingduck.com (only some pics at the moment, work in progress).

Manning

• Real Full Name: Manning Bartlett
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 12:21:12 AM »

I've since discovered that the verification stops after only two posts.

While this is good, it would be a real boon if the text interface could recall what was typed in the event that a mistake in verification occurs.

I'm more stubborn than most, but I came very close to giving up after several comments were erased.
Studio Laughing Duck, Sydney Australia (opening Feb 2013)
http://studiolaughingduck.com (only some pics at the moment, work in progress).

Ward Pike

• Real Full Name: Ward Pike
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 02:28:23 PM »

Second thread I've read since arriving here.  Talk about airing your dirty linens!  Fletch has been a great mate and colleague to me.
Since Gearslutz has recently seemed to start taking a dive into a "clique" or "Popular guys" club, I have hopes that many others will migrate over here.

Chins up, peers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.