R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ATC SCM150ASL+Subwoofer+Sound Anchor stands for sale  (Read 6715 times)

John Moran

ATC SCM150ASL+Subwoofer+Sound Anchor stands for sale
« on: October 19, 2011, 04:46:01 PM »

The following monitor system is SOLD

ATC SCM150ASL pair
ATC 0.1/15 subwoofer
Sound Anchor stands

Thanks

John Moran
[email protected]

PBM

Re: ATC SCM150ASL+Subwoofer+Sound Anchor stands for sale
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 06:08:43 PM »

Brad said "go for it" so here 'tis :

The following monitor system is for sale from a newly constructed studio facility :

ATC SCM150ASL pair
ATC 0.1/15 subwoofer
Sound Anchor stands

The system is extremely low hours and in essentially brand new condition.

They were too large for the room they were intended to be in (Russ Berger who designed the facility agreed on that point) and so they were removed and replacement systems are currently being auditioned. They are located in Houston, TX and can be viewed/auditioned by appointment.

Slightly orthogonal to the main point of your post - but as a replacement/possible swap out have you tried the smaller ATC, especially the 50's (allegedly the most coherent of the ATC 3-ways) with the subs? I think Ben Feggans has that combination; when I heard that set-up in the UK last year I was hugely impressed. FWIW I use the 50's in my room, no subs.

Cheers,

Eric
Philosophers Barn Mastering
www.phibarnmastering.co.uk

lowland

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 02:03:45 AM »

They were too large for the room they were intended to be in

What would be a suitably sized room, John?
Nigel Palmer
Lowland Masters
www.lowlandmasters.com

Waltz Mastering

• Real Full Name: Tom Waltz
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 08:35:34 AM »

It almost seems like the ATC sub would be overkill with the 150's.
Might be good for the original owner to hang on to that to use with a smaller set as Eric had suggested.

John Moran

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 12:35:42 PM »

The room in question is approx 17ft deep by 12ft wide. The ATC 150s + sub are physically too much for that space.
The  monitors were spec'd by the owners before I became involved and when Russ came to visit to set up the monitors, the A room (which has the SCM200+subs+surrounds in 5.1/7.1 and is fine) was set up but the B room, which is this space, was left alone because all agreed the 150s were simply too much for the size of the room. If you got them far enough off the side/rear walls, they were too close together and the sub precluded much latitude in placement too. Great system, but not for that particular room.

Quested V3110 and PMC IB2 and the smaller ATC have been auditioned so far and the mid-field size is definitely more appropriate for the size of the space.  The physical positioning of the mid-field speakers relative to monitor position and side walls is significantly improved as is imaging and spectral response in the room.

So if anyone is seeking the deal of the century on  a set of essentially brand new ATC SCM150ASL + sub+ stands, it's available.

Viitalahde

• Real Full Name: Jaakko Viitalähde
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 12:42:21 PM »

That's about the size of my place. Mine are not ATC's, but similar in many ways, and in size comparable to 100's. It did take a little effort to get them right, but they do play well now.

No sub though. I can imagine the 150's + sub filling up the entire room.

Good deal for someone!
Jaakko Viitalähde
Virtalähde Mastering, Kuhmoinen/Finland
http://www.virtalahde.com
http://www.facebook.com/VirtalahdeMastering

lowland

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 02:58:20 PM »

The room in question is approx 17ft deep by 12ft wide. The ATC 150s + sub are physically too much for that space.
The  monitors were spec'd by the owners before I became involved and when Russ came to visit to set up the monitors, the A room (which has the SCM200+subs+surrounds in 5.1/7.1 and is fine) was set up but the B room, which is this space, was left alone because all agreed the 150s were simply too much for the size of the room. If you got them far enough off the side/rear walls, they were too close together and the sub precluded much latitude in placement too. Great system, but not for that particular room.

Quested V3110 and PMC IB2 and the smaller ATC have been auditioned so far and the mid-field size is definitely more appropriate for the size of the space.  The physical positioning of the mid-field speakers relative to monitor position and side walls is significantly improved as is imaging and spectral response in the room.

Interesting, thanks John.

My room is (if memory serves) 4.3 x 6.8m and I currently have the new IB2 actives + extension bass cabinets installed for a review: roughly 6 feet tall, class D amps, both analogue and digital inputs and ridiculous amounts of setup control via a small handset. On the face of it, total overkill in a space that size, they actually sound fantastic (the front baffle width is effectively narrower than even an ATC 50 thanks to a clever bit of design) and have changed a lot of what I held dear as my personal knowledge about monitoring. I would highly recommend your friends spending the extra and getting the actives if they decided to take the PMC route - the system even without the extra bass cabs would likely cost more than the ATC 150s, but my guess is that they should integrate into the room you describe very well.

My problem now is what I'm going to do when the speakers have to go back to PMC - I'm already having mild panic attacks at the thought, but the full price tag for all four boxes is quite close to what my first mortgage came in at and renders ownership, for me at least, academic!
Nigel Palmer
Lowland Masters
www.lowlandmasters.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.