R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Trust Me, I'm A Scientist" Issue #1!  (Read 4706 times)

fossiltooth

• Real Full Name: Justin Colletti
"Trust Me, I'm A Scientist" Issue #1!
« on: August 02, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »

Hello fellow scientists of sound! The new once-monthly music magazine "Trust Me, I'm A Scientist" officially turned zero on August 1st!

Thanks to some of you guys, we've already had a killer beta run with over 1,000 visitors and hundreds of signups in the month of July.

I'm happy to report that the August issue is now out and ready for reading. In it, you'll find:

-->A fresh listen to an overlooked classic from the Ventures' days in Japan.
-->A comprehensive drum-tuning guide for producers and engineers.
-->The story of "The Mad Genius of Manchester", Factory Records producer Martin Hannett (Joy Division, Buzzcocks, New Order).
-->A 3-part pre-mastering checklist suitable for everyday engineers and home recordists alike.
-->"Behind The Release" interviews featuring Booker T. Jones (Stax), Gabe Roth (Daptone), Nicolas Vernhes (Dirty Projectors, Fiery Furnaces, Bjork), and Sondre Lerche. Plus more stories and bonus videos!

Please enjoy,

Justin

channel29

• Real Full Name: Victor Ciampini
Re: "Trust Me, I'm A Scientist" Issue #1!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 12:15:28 PM »

Great stuff Justin, loved the piece on Factory, grew up with all that stuff.  The Booker T article though was very interesting, especially the whole concept of 1 mic on the kit.  Can't wait to read the rest.

fossiltooth

• Real Full Name: Justin Colletti
Re: "Trust Me, I'm A Scientist" Issue #1!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 01:51:27 PM »

Thanks man, glad you liked it. I don't want to be tacky and spam the forum with promos, so I'm not going to start any more threads to announce these.

If you like what you read, we can send you emails when they come out, or you can just check back once a month. New issue has articles on how much Spotify (actually) pays musicians, an homage to Ennio Morricone, an audio history of the 414, a Behind The Release thing with Cults. Stuff like that.

It's no stand-in for PSW, but it's not supposed to be!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 24 queries.