R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Joe Shapiro, 1947-2007 - Eventide Mktg Director, MediaScan founder  (Read 1185 times)

Gil

It is with great sadness and regret that I post this announcement - Eventide marketing guru and MediaScan founder Joe Shapiro passed away Monday after a long battle with cancer.

Joe was instrumental in the advertising, promotion, direction and public image building of Eventide, Inc for many years, being a trusted confidant (and former college roommate) of Eventide founder and president Richard Factor. Joe was a wizard at turning a phrase, and could whip up ad copy that said all the right things without over-saying them, rare indeed in the hyped world of advertising.

During my ten years at Eventide, Joe was most times friend, sometimes adversary, but always a mentor and elder statesman. I owe a huge debt of gratitude to this man - the success of my company and the products we helped launch (especially the Empirical Labs Distressor) are due in no small part to the advice, training and principles he shared with me.

Joe was also quick witted, overly cynical and acerbic with a wicked sense of humor. That, combined with great intelligence, kept all of us on our toes around him less we be out the door!

Throughout Joe's time in our industry, no one knew him better than Richard Factor. Like Joe, Richard has a way with words - albethey hype-free - and he has posted a most eloquent blog in honor of Joe, and with his permission I have put a link to it here. For those of you who knew Joe, or those who ever read and enjoyed an Eventide ad or brochure, have a read and a kind thought for a good man who was taken from us too soon.

http://www.priups.com/riklblog/feb07...checks-out.htm

-Gil Griffith
www.wavedistribution.com
Ringwood New Jersey USA
GG
www.wavedistribution.com
home of the Distressor and FATSO
"Big Knobs and Nice Curves - what's not to like?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.