R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: For Sale, Fairchild 670, 2nd owner from new!  (Read 29717 times)

Bruno Stevens

Re: For Sale, Fairchild 670, 2nd owner from new!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 07:06:23 PM »

I don't know if the ebay one is a scam, but it looks like it has gone through some mods, quite a few components seem to have been replaced, and I suggest you compare the ebay pictures with mine's which is 100% original condition, here is the picture from the inside of mine that I posted on the other thead:

Bruno

Oh, and Keith, do you remember that the floor on the VR60/SSL CPU/GML auto control room was actually made of...LEATHER!!! The coolest floor ever!index.php/fa/4243/0/

Fletcher

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 11:53:26 AM »

That is one of the cleanest ones I've ever seen!!  One thing we used to do as a matter of course around our shop when we used to deal in things like 670's was to pull the big "orange square" and replace it.

The big "orange square" is a "Selenium" rectifier... if it happens to go it will emit a poison gas [or so I am told] which kinda puts a damper on things... so we used to replace it with a "diode bridge" of the same value... didn't make a damn bit of difference to the actual audio but made me feel better that we wouldn't accidentally poison a client [we prefered to do that intentionally].

Peace.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

ssltech

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 12:00:07 PM »

Bruno Stevens wrote:

...Keith, do you remember that the floor on the VR60/SSL CPU/GML auto control room was actually made of...LEATHER!!! The coolest floor ever!

You know, it always baffled me that Kitsch wasn't better known in the UK.

-People all knew about PUK, and Wiselloord and other mainland-Euro "star" facilities, but Kitsch was a GREAT place. -Ideas were generated and FOLLOWED-THROUGH. Seriously.

A couple of them may have been viewed as 'follies' (the console and the floor argubly being two) but the gear was always top-drawer stuff.

Damm. I love Europe.

Keith
MDM (maxdimario) wrote on Fri, 16 November 2007 21:36

I have the feeling that I have more experience in my little finger than you do in your whole body about audio electronics..

alexstringer

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 09:13:06 PM »

If i may suggest Bruno, put your name or email adress on those pictures if you want to make them public. I'm afraid some crook is gonna steal them as easily as dragging them down on his desktop and  you'll see soon your Fairchild on Ebay High Definition for a hand full of $$$

Bruno Stevens

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 09:03:21 AM »

Dear All,
Sale pending on the 670...I am not extremely happy with the amount but the cash offer comes from a reputable Belgian studio, so no transport, insurance, international payment etc...
So if you still want it...hurry! Razz

Bruno

Fletcher

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 05:08:46 PM »

How'd that go?
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Alan Meyerson

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 12:08:27 AM »

Bruno,
I think I remember you. I used to work at Studio Katy, in 1978 or 79. I met Marc in New York and he hired me.
I was a little young for the job and he sent me home with my tail between my legs.
I Did get to record and mix a Chet Baker album while I was there. It was Chet, Steve Houbein, Bruno Castelluci, Kermit Driscoll. Does it ring a bell. It was a beautiful studio. I remember it well.
Anyway, thanks for a walk down memory lane.
Alan Meyerson

valerios

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 07:35:10 AM »

Hi Bruno!! I'm Valerio from the Cave studio based in catania (italy). I know it's late but I have seen you message on gearslutz and I want to tell you if you still have the gear today.
If yes I want to know the list and the fees prices for each piece.

best regards

Valerio Mina

valerio-save@hotmail.it
www.facebook.com/valerio.mina
studio number (+39) 095 7465086
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 16 queries.