R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mix Position  (Read 2012 times)

sui-city

Mix Position
« on: January 30, 2007, 02:33:10 AM »

Hi All,

I just wanted to ask if there was a rule of thumb to follow with regards to where one places the mix position in a mixing room.

We are in the process of building our new rooms, our CR is 12.2m X 4.6m. Due to a pillar that we cannot move, we are planning on putting the mix position almost halfway along the length of the room so that we can place a window with enough of a view of the live room.

The CR is getting properly treated, but i was just worried that be breaking a rule from the beginning we are going to run into problems.

Do you think by putting our mix position near the middle point of the room, this will become a problem?

Thanks

jetbase

Re: Mix Position
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 05:46:39 PM »

I notice you say "near the middle point of the room". Could that possibly be quite a big difference than the exact centre, or is there a zone that's bad around the centre? I imagine that how bad that middle point may be would depend on what acoustic treatment you have in the room.
sleep is not an option

jwhynot: "There's a difference between thinking or acting dogmatically and drawing from experience."

Glenn Santry
http://www.myspace.com/glennsantry

Ethan Winer

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 06:53:11 PM »

sui-city wrote on Tue, 30 January 2007 02:33

we are planning on putting the mix position almost halfway along the length of the room

That's the single worst place. Sorry! See this article on my company's site that explains it in more detail:

http://www.realtraps.com/art_room-setup.htm

--Ethan

sui-city

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 02:14:35 PM »

Ethan,

Thank you. I have chosen to completely reconfigure my space. Moved the control room to a better position.

Thanks again

franman

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 01:09:34 PM »

Yeah, if you're gonna shoot for the middle (in plan) might as well get your self into the middle of the height as well... that way, all the worst modal conditions can be in play!! AVOID THE MIDDLE on all dimensions EXCEPT left to right... that's the one that we want to be on for symmetry's sake...
Francis Manzella - President, FM Design Ltd.
                 - Managing Director, Griffin Audio
fmdesign.com
griffinaudiousa.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.