R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SCHOOL OF MIXING ( Help !!!!!!!!!)  (Read 1352 times)

airboy

SCHOOL OF MIXING ( Help !!!!!!!!!)
« on: January 29, 2007, 09:10:15 PM »

Hello,
First, I am sorry if my post isn't in the right topic.

Two years ago I finished a school to become technician in audiovisual productions, I am also a musician and, in this moment, I work in an agency of Sound Design in Paris. I control very well the digital audio stations and I have true knowledge of mixing because I make music with many people and, also, I am surrounded of some mixers colleagues who had passed me their secrets... Therefore, here is my question, do you know a true training course or a school that could teach me mixing on SSL or Neve consoles for music productions, initially here, in France, or elsewhere (England, Spain, USA, Canada, etc).
I really seek to optimize my way to mix by making a short course (max 2-3 month) in a TRUE recording studio.
I have been searching a lot but i can't find what i am looking for, because the only courses i could found are for amateur people.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH OF YOUR ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rodrigo Sanz

rankus

Re: SCHOOL OF MIXING ( Help !!!!!!!!!)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 10:41:41 PM »

I suggest you offer to work for free (intern) in a studio that has the equipment that you wish to learn. If they will agree to teach you.
Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

Barry Hufker

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 12:16:30 AM »

I don't know of any program that will teach you SSL or Neve consoles, but as an experienced engineer, you know all consoles are similar, it's just the functions are laid out a bit differently.

I suggest you purchase a manual for an SSL console and for the Neve.  When you read the manuals and learn the material in them, you will know how to operate one when you get a chance to use it.  I've head a couple of people I know do that -- and they have gone on to successful careers working with these consoles.

Barry

airboy

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 07:29:08 AM »

Thanks for your answer!
I found this link for SSL manuals, in other forum,
http://www.mtsu.edu/~nadam/downloads/downloads.html
I think it's a good idea share it.
and yes, booking a day with an engineer it's a very good idea, also,
Very Happy cheers,

Airboy

Duke

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 09:25:29 AM »

A.R.T.I. in Orlando Fl has two SSL's, an analog 4k in the Advanced Mixing room and a digital Axiom in the THX certified Surround Sound Mixing Theater.
index.php/fa/4162/0/
Bruce Hensal

amorris

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 10:01:54 AM »

reading an SSL manual will not help you mix on it. it is very dry and presents only a very basic work flow. now all the other modes are presented, but watch several different people work using it. youll see very different ways to use it each time. then take all those ideas, and make your own way of woring.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 19 queries.