R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Musicianship/Engineering and Weed.  (Read 20361 times)

rankus

Re: Musicianship/Engineering and Weed.
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2007, 09:20:24 PM »

Yes, don't smoke pot kiddies... take downers! (edit):  But don't go skiing...
Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

maxim

« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2007, 11:27:55 PM »

or prozac...

amorris

« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2007, 02:43:51 PM »

weed especially is funny to watch pot smokers who think they look and act normal and look cool. having smoked weed for decades, up until lately, I thought I wasnt so effected by it. it just mellowed me out blah, blah, blah,. but now, working around so many students, who obviously do smoke, well, there I said. they obviously do smoke.

also, the "It makes me feel good" crap. I didnt feel anything till I sobered up. it moderates your feelings to "OK". and thats about it. surfing all day or getting laid???!!! still havent found anything close and Ive done it all. all of it. damn, only 30 years to find out my parents were right.

John Ivan

« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2007, 04:51:37 PM »

maxim wrote on Mon, 22 January 2007 01:05

i just wish people wouldn't dump all the "drugs" in one basket (unless one goes shopping in one of those dutch "pharmacies")

alcohol and cocaine are very different beasts to marijuana and lsd

nicotine, opiates(inc heroin, morphine and codeine) and alcohol can and will ruin your life (even if you may appear to function on the outside)

amphetamines (inc speed, cocaine, ice, ecstacy, pseudoephedrine etc) can screw you up for a while if you take them regularly, but are, relatively, harmless if used in the short term

caffeine and marijuana are used regularly by a LOT of people without any significant side-effects to long term health (other than the smoke inhalation issues mentioned earlier)

lsd, mescaline, psilocybin, ketamine and other hallucinogens are "single-use" drugs and are not "habit-forming"

Well, I see what you're saying but , All drugs that change your thinking or skew reality are already in one basket in that they are a substance that was not originally in your brain and will damage it over time. There is not much doubt that smoking weed over a long period of time does bad things to the brain.Memory loss is a big deal over a long period. This is made worse if one drinks a lot, of course. As for whether one can be addicted to weed? well, I don't know about a physical addiction but everyone I know who smoked every day and then quit. had a hard time emotionally for a while. call that what you want..

Having said all that, I still say it should be legal.

Ivan......................

Ivan......................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.