R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you make of this email I received....  (Read 2654 times)

SafeandSoundMastering

• Real Full Name: Barry Gardner
  • My analogue rack
What do you make of this email I received....
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:22:53 AM »

I have not read to deep into it yet but it seems like a novel way of selling mixing services?
A bit odd as the mastering studio in the quote below also offers mixing themselves on their website (quite a well known mastering studio in UK) in their mastering room. I am doubtful I could use such a service personally.

quote...

"Having used xxxxxx  for mix services on several projects I can say without doubt that both the quality on offer and the attention to detail is outstanding. xxxxxx have a clear understanding of how music should be mixed. Using xxxxxx Music for mix services cuts down the multiple submissions of mixes between the client and mastering engineer. This service really does help to provide a better result in the post recording studio era."  xxxxxxx of xxxxxx Audio Mastering

xxxxx Music would like to offer an online mixing service to professional mastering houses such as yours, enabling you to reach the desired uncompromised master.

Having worked closely with a major mastering house in the UK, we know the problems associated with trying to source a correctly balanced mix. Our approach will radically improve not only the quality and consistency of mixes required for a great master, but will also free you of the hassle, time and cost associated with improving the quality of your clients mix.

xxxxx Music can take care of the mixing process for you, with a quick turnaround and a high quality result, and at a very competitive rate of £xxx per track.

* £xxx for a work containing a maximum of 40 tracks. Larger projects will incur an additional charge of £xxx for every ten subsequent tracks.

We believe that our clients should have full confidence in the end result so for every new client we provide the first mix free of charge.  You can also go to our Soundcloud page to hear some of our mixing work:

We will contact you in the next 5 days to discuss your requirements and how our service can help you.

In the meantime if you'd like to know more about our services please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Kind Regards,

Mr x

unquote
Barry Gardner
SafeandSound Mastering UK based online mastering studio.

Hiltongrove Mastering

• Real Full Name: Dave Blackman
Re: What do you make of this email I received....
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 11:33:50 AM »

I had the exact same email a couple of weeks ago. The chap did indeed follow up with a phone call - my intern deflected it.

I honsetly can't see why a mixing service would be of any use to a mastering engineer. Why would I incur any hassle, time and cost improving my client's mix?

PBM

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 01:23:03 PM »

I had the exact same email a couple of weeks ago. The chap did indeed follow up with a phone call - my intern deflected it.

I honsetly can't see why a mixing service would be of any use to a mastering engineer. Why would I incur any hassle, time and cost improving my client's mix?

I just got the same e-mail. Very odd.

Cheers,

Eric
Philosophers Barn Mastering
www.phibarnmastering.co.uk

SafeandSoundMastering

• Real Full Name: Barry Gardner
  • My analogue rack
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 01:42:03 PM »

It's pretty much a given that a little advice is fine. But I cannot quite imagine saying "Actually you need a complete remix and I know a man who can............" And if I was going to do that I would mix it myself having some considerable background in doing so.
Barry Gardner
SafeandSound Mastering UK based online mastering studio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.