R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: enemy of the state??  (Read 1458 times)

maxdimario

enemy of the state??
« on: January 10, 2007, 08:04:15 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5ZY5BtyoUg

what the f?

this is JOURNALISM?

I have no idea if the people they single out are truly enemies of the state or anyone else..but FOX is really pushing it to the limit.

isn't this classifiable as slander??

maxdimario

Re: enemy of the state??
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 11:01:27 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZssQia5q9g

i like the line 'people are trying to copy fox'

John Ivan

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 11:07:08 AM »

This is their idea of Keith Olbermans'  "worst person in the world" which is pretty funny because while Keith does choose people he either doesn't like or who have disappointed him, his thing is much more light hearted.

As always, the Fox people are Pigs. Not only that but it's the WORST news reporting in world history.. Even their day Anchor's are plain bad..As in, Local bad......... Yuk

Ivan..................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Barry Hufker

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 11:13:00 AM »

Olbermann's "worse" list is pretty tame, although pointed -- as you guys have said.  But calling someone an "Enemy of the State" means terrorist or traitor.  That is not to be taken lightly by anyone.

Barry

John Ivan

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 02:34:34 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 10 January 2007 11:13

Olbermann's "worse" list is pretty tame, although pointed -- as you guys have said.  But calling someone an "Enemy of the State" means terrorist or traitor.  That is not to be taken lightly by anyone.

Barry

I agree that in most cases this should not be taken lightly. But, considering the source,it's a cartoon. If people could just simply dismiss all things that came from Fox News, we would be in better shape. Even things like "The ball is round" should be confirmed elsewhere. The reporting is that Bad in my view.

Looking back, what other nation started using the media to call people "enemy of the state"?..

I know it seems wrong but, if "Brother Shawn" called me an "enemy of the state" to my face, I'd just beat his ass right then and there. I have not been in a fight since 9th grade and this was only to protect myself but kicking his ass would be fun. I wouldn't hurt him TOO bad but he would be AH'SKAERT UH MEEE when I was done.

Of course, I go out of my way to get these folks all worked up these days. It's sorta fun sometimes.. I mean, I hate my country and I hate freedom, and our troops. See, if you don't want them to die for no reason, then you hate them. Also, if you have an opinion other than "we should kill stuff because we're big", you hate freedom..

I'm happy I'm a freedom hating left wing nut job.... Hide your kids...............

Ivan.........................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

PRobb

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 08:06:57 PM »

One of the scariest things about the Bushbots. Bush is America. Those who disagree with them are not merely wrong, they are traitors.
That is downright un American.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Die BREMSSPUR

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 08:44:13 PM »

When I still dabbled in the black art of t.v. I was most fortunate to enjoy watching Mr. Brinkley many times as he attempted to counter-balance the exponential fukken decline of opting to select reason over what we have now....well...he fukken died....unfortunately he could not live forever to continue to embarrass these goons.

We here in the saloonie bin have the same argument going in every thread and I am afraid I am no closer to understanding what you guys are on about.

If for example a stri-ped ass ape such as hannity comes on the idiot box and displays openly that he is in fact a tool, how in the world can you guys, who I respect and adore, consider this pap to be an argument in one direction or another.

Seriously....

IMCSO it is not logical for you to address his points.  Anymore than it is logical to bash away at the Texas Hat Rack, our fine president.

It really breaks my heart to know that there is even a chance that you guys are actually chanting populist cud...

Where is your artistic side?

It's time to raise the flag of discernment high atop the phallus of reason...

lemme nough...

tik

I used to be self-effacing but I couldn't even do that right
http://www.pmtstudios.com

John Ivan

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 12:19:36 AM »

Die BREMSSPUR wrote on Wed, 10 January 2007 20:44

When I still dabbled in the black art of t.v. I was most fortunate to enjoy watching Mr. Brinkley many times as he attempted to counter-balance the exponential fukken decline of opting to select reason over what we have now....well...he fukken died....unfortunately he could not live forever to continue to embarrass these goons.

We here in the saloonie bin have the same argument going in every thread and I am afraid I am no closer to understanding what you guys are on about.

If for example a stri-ped ass ape such as hannity comes on the idiot box and displays openly that he is in fact a tool, how in the world can you guys, who I respect and adore, consider this pap to be an argument in one direction or another.

Seriously....

IMCSO it is not logical for you to address his points.  Anymore than it is logical to bash away at the Texas Hat Rack, our fine president.

It really breaks my heart to know that there is even a chance that you guys are actually chanting populist cud...

Where is your artistic side?

It's time to raise the flag of discernment high atop the phallus of reason...

lemme nough...

tik

OK, Tik,

What you say makes sense if it's confined to some guy on the radio saying " Blue shirts are evil! They will take over the country and we wont achieve Victory!!" The problem is deeper than that though. It's that Millions of Americans are receiving an "Education" in "Advanced Conservative Studies".. They listen to these three or four Guy's every day. They completely except what is said as Truth and do no digging for themselves at all. There are people here who are totally convinced that there is a Military Victory to be had in Iraq for instance. It's not that they've done a bunch of reading and think that something resembling "Victory" is possible if we do everything perfectly and are very very lucky.It's not that they think "Well, Victory is the wrong word but we should stay because we need to mop up for 10 years" or what ever. No No, they heard four guys on the radio SAY "Victory can be had if you just take off the blue shirt and stop hating the troop's" They dig no further and this ends up being the sum total of their Education. When you encounter these folks, you can't talk to them about it because they've made up their minds so completely that things like History or the word's of those who spend their entire lives studying these things mean  nothing to them. " That's not what Rush, Shawn and Mark said, they say you're a Liberal and that's bad.All those fancy book lernin' guys don't know the real world. They just read a lot!"..

So, we can't even talk about this stuff with the people who "follow" these guy's. The student's wont turn back now because they would have to admit that maybe they didn't get the whole story and they would look like suckers, which is almost as bad as being a "Liberal".

It has now leaked into the street and while the ratings for these shows have gone down a little bit, they have the people convinced in droves that "we don't approve of how W. has handled all this but he was basically right" They work both sides of the line now. I'm afraid that no matter how bad things get, they will stick to their guns. They will vote in poles and be honest[Maybe} but they wont talk about it. This makes it hard for me to do much of anything except go play the gig, and head home. And, this is only on the Iraq issue. when it comes to domestic policy, we are in worse shape yet I'm afraid.

The fact that only a few people own almost all of American Broadcasting is a cultural natural Disaster. A.M radio is one unified propaganda machine and it WORKS.. Bad news..

So that's why it's a big deal. It's not just some guy on the radio. It's bent Normalcy into brand new shapes. What was once considered moderate/middle ground is now seen as Hard left...

As it turns out, I've never been so liberal in all my life.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 12:41:41 AM »

I agree John -- I've never been so liberal in my entire life.  I used to be middle ground.

Tik -- I ain't putting a flag on anyone's phallus.  Let's get that straight from the start.  But let me know how it works out for you!
Very Happy

Barry

Die BREMSSPUR

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 04:06:48 AM »

Ivan,

Totally understood.  I go through the same thing everyday.  There are a lot of insensitive people out there.  Personally, I would never listen to hannity for more than say, fifteen minutes.  We are all entitled to be dolts, my only original thoughts are spurned by hunger and having to take a shit.  In the chimp's case however, he is an arrogant dolt so I think it's every citizens job to despise this smarmy little twat.

But the world is a big place, full of wonderful people as well.  They're wonderful because they give you the biggest donut, or a loving caress and a good word.  They actually care about others.  Occassionally, people like that post at the saloon and are guilty themselves of reciting some doctrine devoid of anything other than cud.

If you have the pleasure of seeing their passion for life and their willingness to thoughtfully engage others concerning the technical an musical issues of the day over years of posting, it is all the more shocking to think they would not be able to convey their points here other than to post links or repeat jargon.

From what I've read of his articles and heard him say, I think Sean Penn is an 'merican herough.  But I would like to read Max's point of view so when we have our first bier together I actually know something about him.  I don't think it's fair to post the tripe being offered by cretons and expect everyone to jump on board.

BTW, I don't if any of you even liked David Brinkley, but IMOAPO he was the last guy you could actually watch for more than two minutes without vomiting....

When you go to a bar and the band is setting up, you have a certain amount of expectation, looking over the great gear etc...

This of course does not exist when turn around and see the begininng of a "news" special.

A musician may inspire you by doing a great imitation of Hendrix but none of the cunts on the toob even try to imitate Brinkley...

Why is that?  

I thought my boy George Will was going to take a run at it.  Like so many great musicians he was even in the same band as David Brinkley.  They did that Washington Week in Review gig together.  But George confused having sex with a Thesaurus and reacting to other newstwats with common sense and experience....

So I have a head but am left without a ditto....

life's great...

lemme nough...

tik

I used to be self-effacing but I couldn't even do that right
http://www.pmtstudios.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.