R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monitor/Speaker Stands  (Read 4193 times)

-phile-

Monitor/Speaker Stands
« on: January 10, 2007, 03:33:12 PM »

Hi guys,

I am really sorry for the OT but I am not sure who to turn to Sad . I am looking into buying stands for my monitors and was wondering if anybody came across anything that might fit my requirements while surfing the net and would care to share links -- my current ones are soo unstable my heart is skipping a beat every time somebody passes by them with my monitors on them Sad. Price is really irrelevant; what I am looking for is 35-36', metal, preferably four post but other configs are also welcome as long as they are stable, fillable is also prefered. They should be able to supoprt ~19kg/40lbs(for a pair of Dynaudio BM15A's), they will be on a thick carpet so spiking is a plus but not a must since the floor under the carpet is abrand new hardwood and will probably add coasters underneath Neutral ... The main thing is stability. My current ones are 36' Bello's and at that weight/height they are no good (they were awesome with the Event 20/20bas).

Thank you very much in advance for all your help! I really appreciate it.

P.S. Just a quick note -- sound anchors are ...uu...well... awesome but ~$800 quote (before shipping) ... still debating... hence my current search for other options.

crna59

Re: Monitor/Speaker Stands
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 03:56:50 PM »

If the price is irrevelant, why not get the Sound Anchors? I feel they are the best/most stable stands out there!

Regards,
Bruce
Puget Sound Studios
Bruce A. Brown
Mastering & Post Production
Seattle, WA

It is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission! Buy! Buy buy....  

-phile-

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 05:07:57 PM »

well, I was lookoing for alternatives... worse comes to worse I will go with them .... (well, coz although irrelevant .. it is to some extend Sad , sorry for wording it wrong in the op Sad )

franman

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 11:00:45 PM »

Phil,

sound anchors rock!! they are the only stands worth the money and they really are not that expensive...at around $500 a pair for standard adjustable stands, they are a PIECE OF EQUPMENT you will use forever...
Francis Manzella - President, FM Design Ltd.
                 - Managing Director, Griffin Audio
fmdesign.com
griffinaudiousa.com

Sonovo

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 04:15:57 PM »

Another vote for Sound Anchors.

That reminds me, I need to order mine...  Rolling Eyes

Cheers,
Thor

-phile-

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 11:27:22 AM »

hi guys, thank you very much for the replies. How are the adjustable ones for stability. I was considering the Four Post which is fixed height exactly becuase of the stability issues, but how do the adjustable ones perform in that area!??! Especially with the big BM15's, have you guys seen them in person?!?

p.s. Hi franman, sorry but my artist name is phile, my real name is Tim actually .... jsut so you're not thinking of someboyd else ... trying to avoid confusion Smile))

franman

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 11:26:33 PM »

I have no issues with stability and the adjustable stands. They come with multiple foot options including spikes! They are very stable when properly adjusted and certainly can handle BM15's.. Talk to Robert Worzala down at Sound Anchors. He's very helpful and will not steer you wrong...
fmdesign.com
griffinaudiousa.com

-phile-

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 12:53:10 PM »

Hi,

sorry for the late reply but I was away for a while and I just got everything straightened out yesterday,

First of all, thank you very much for the advices guys. Killer! I am more than happy with the adjustable stands -- they are just -- well, perfect. And yes, localization of sounds and just everything is much better (or at least that is my perception). So now , I am recommending these to all my friends ... and pretty much everybody I know doing something with audio... Franman, thanks for referring me to Bob Worzala, Great person, great help... Made for one of my best experiences ordering on phone or online ever Smile)) ...  Thank you!!!! This is definitely money well spent (having in mind I came back home a few weeks ago to find that somebody (in-laws) had almost knocked the left monitor over from the Bello's and it was just barely holding at an angle leaning on the desk -- almost got a heart attack.... Not any more Smile)))

And at the risk of becoming redundant and boring: Thank you!

Mike O

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 09:17:24 PM »

A belated thanks to all that recommended SA from me as well. This thread convinced me SA stnads were what I needed.

A GREAT product, great advice (to go w/adjustable vs. fixed height), and a great company to do business with. They did not promise what they could not deliver timewise and did exactly what they said they would do when they said they would do it. Refreshing.

Thanks againd to everyone..

franman

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 07:51:53 PM »

See, and everyone is happy even after coughing up some hard earned dough for the Sound Anchors... worth it!! Period.
fmdesign.com
griffinaudiousa.com

tom eaton

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 11:07:37 PM »

Had them for years... a completely worthwhile investment.

Figured I'd post a link to the adjustable stands:

http://www.soundanchors.com/page9.html

And yes, a great company to deal with.

-tom

bblackwood

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 09:08:45 AM »

I first use Sound Anchors at Ardent where I had some adjustable stands for my Questeds, they were great.. When I started Euphonic, I bought another set (these are for my N802s) and love them. They build great stands, period. Can't recommend highly enough!
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.