R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IMP9 discussion thread.  (Read 23292 times)

dconstruction

Re: IMP9 discussion thread.
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2007, 05:22:12 PM »

ScotcH wrote on Fri, 12 January 2007 16:16

Dammit ... you're alwasy so picky.

Wink

Not to be too picky, but it's "always."

L

UnderTow

« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2007, 08:42:33 AM »

dconstruction wrote on Fri, 12 January 2007 22:14

Not to be too picky, but it's Pleasant Grove.

L

Oops!

Alistair

chrisj

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2007, 03:55:59 PM »

IMP 9 Buzzsaw- really got to do reviews but there are so many entries and so little time, thanks to the new plugins. My entry uses four new plugins. By now there are eleven... including ones that fix the problems with murkiness and all that... but it's been happening instead of reviewing the tracks. I'd like to see more people do this, so I'll start. This is Awful Chris, due to lack of time, so I hope nobody's too hurt. Should at least be fun to read in a Gonzo Hunter S sort of way.

Please, return the favor, kindly or not Very Happy

IMP9ChrisJ- big, flat- not shallow, but sort of limp. Nice intelligibility on the vocal.

IMP9-spoon- Leaner, more crisp with the bright things going on. The guy is a mystical lunatic emanating from out of a deep cave. Backbeat feels good.

IMP9_six_wax- Laid back, sort of grooving along. Makes me bob to the rhythm. I'm not very interested in the vocal, it feels like I can safely ignore it.

Imp9 - Nick Evans- Hissing and looming forward at me. Everything is extra super big, but I'm not sure why. I can't figure out why this is the way it is.

wes_pitzer_redfro_imp9- Look, a kick! Some sort of wispy little guy singing incongruously over a big hulking indie rock machine.

imp9_garret- Huh? huh again? You should be making the music with this kind of ingenuity Very Happy I'm just...um Smile you astonished. Whether I ever want to hear this again... I guess either I'd freak out and love it, or not bother. I can't decide what the groove sounds like. Not a big hulking indie rock machine, a small mechanical accordion with a hole in it, under a big spotlight. Very Dada.

IMP9_gatino- Sorta trashy. Very 'star' vocal treatment, always center of attention. It sounds like it wants to be a blues rock track but can't figure out what it's singing about. Something incongruous there.

IMP9_SingSing- Yay squished! Everything is coming from some inexplicable place. It's all like, drums, suddenly really loud hat, there's the guitar squished into the corner, woops there it went. Strangely, something about it feels right for the song... which is a big deal...

IMP9Henchman- You're scaring me with these drums dude, I'm not sure I ever need drums that emphatic Very Happy they're overwhelming everything so I can't concentrate on the vocal, and I don't hear a song, just a drum sound.

TomC-IMP9- Hey, suddenly a track isn't trying to KILL ME! Laid back. The harmonies are annoying me and going to the wrong notes, like major and minor in the wrong places. It does feel like it's about the song, with the sound effects on the back burner- except the harmonies, couldn't resist the harmonies, those are probably why the rest of the song is making room. If you did that with just one lead vocal it would feel like a song, though it wouldn't feel modern at all. But who really cares if I enjoy the feel of the song? Apart from the harmonies, feels very good and sets a mood.

macmandude_imp9tk1 192- Technical foul- space in the mp3 name Wink hey, suddenly we're AC/DC! Total disconnect between song and mix. This is brilliant work at forcing these indie guys into leather and spandex and lining up Marshall Stacks behind them and turning on the fog machine and a red spotlight, unfortunately the song wants a blue spotlight. Eek. God, this is a good AC/DC imitation, though. GOOD ENGINEERING that I don't want to hear on this song at all.

IMP9-ATOR- Creative moves immediately on display. Sounds kinda slick. Part of that is the bright hats and the gloss on the sound. Vocal sounds slick, like old Bowie or something, in a bright spotlight with a plate reverb on him, like he should be angsting in high drama, but it gets confusing when the song refuses to become high drama. You sit around waiting for something to happen to step into that spotlight, but it just goes on and everything feels like a backing part. Needs more exciting track- fails to click with the track as it is.

IMP9dconstruction- Are we Nine Inch Nails? We think we might be. I do like the way it sounds like improvisation is paramount this time- the guy does say so, right in the lyric. This is extremely weird and yet, something about it feels like it's part of the song. I could think of other mixes I enjoy listening to a lot more, but I like the way this understands the song. I don't think these guys are anything like as butch as these drums, though.

IMP9_judah- Nice and laid back here, not obnoxious. It feels a little uninvolved- this is about making everything sound nice and appropriate for people playing in a room, and tracks from The Band would sound awesome this way, or bluegrass, something that's not supposed to be a wacky studio mutation. Even the really tweaky tracks are tamed. I don't think the song stands on its own that well this way, it needs more of an environment.

imp9_scott_oliphant- We like big drums! big drums go crunch! Like the AC/DC guy only without the guitars. Singer is singing with a PA in a gym. Feels like a high school talent show that unexpectedly blows people away with a surprisingly hot band. Maybe it's just the drummers killing everybody with volume. I hear a band, don't hear much of a song.

imp9-maxim- Casiotone sonics? (dist wurly) We are pasting bits of wurly about. There's a foundation to this song that's mostly bass-oriented, and the vocalist is right there, intimate and upfront. It does feel unfinished, which is probably why the wurly cutnpaste. There is just something not there, which is mystifying because it's not like all the tracks were left out. Some of the other tracks do more as far as bolting bits of music together in a striking way. This is more understated, which turns out to not help the understated indie guys much.

Greg_Dixon_IMP9- Straight. Straight straight straight. No horrible tricks, no ugly sounds. The vocalist needs a lot of help, he sounds and feels tiny. bigness goes from kick=big to vox and overdubs=small. There's virtually no startle factor here, everything is very smooth. I want more startlement from the vocalist, like when he tosses off a line unexpectedly it should startle, it should have a front edge. Maybe not the backing vocals tho.

IMP9_LouMan- Also pretty normal. Slick vocalist! This sounds gothy! It sounds like something, no question about it. A bit understated maybe, but something about this feels like 'hey, what band is this?'. It feels like a genre that I don't know about but a good example of it. I am very impressed with this one. I think it has to do with the way things are emphasized, the way there's no attempt to make everything be emphasized at once. Stuff has a specific character and sets a tone which works with the lyric, the vocal performance etc. The backing music has similar ebbs and flows of energy to the vocal performance.

IMP9-Pleasant_Groove-Luzern-UnderTow- longest mp3 name award. Sort of beefy and butch. Like the song as a disco version... I'm not sure I've generally liked the drums-heavy versions, perhaps because the mood of the song doesn't feel pounding and heavy. This mixer would do excellent dance and house music, everything works for that style.

Imp9NickT- Let's be really loud! Very Happy Could I hear this mix again on a song about taking too much crack and peeling your lips off? Belongs on Lou Reed songs. The vocalist is too serene for this mix. There's nothing glossy or sentimental about it, which is a wrench considering the way the lyrics are sort of misty and emo. I don't think this harshness works with the song, and I'm surprised not to hear it on the harshest background elements where it DOES work.

VolthauseIMP9- Big cavernous snarling growling thing. I feel sorry for the feeble little vocalist singing out of a pit filled with such savage instruments Very Happy metal mixer much? Again with the big drums. They're cool sounds, but the song doesn't support them much. It makes it feel like there's not much of a song there.

imp9-cary- Need to express self with sound design rears its ugly head again Wink Big thumping and gloss. Sounds like these are supposed to be normal people playing MOR music of some kind. This is the Journey version. I'm totally missing the edgy, half-cocked weirdness and amateurism that I know is present in the tracks. It feels stable. In one sense that works, but in another sense it glosses over aspects of the song that are capable of getting attention.

IMP9-ScotcH- Bright and clean-sounding, crisp- something about this feels too crisp for the vocalist to sit into. There's a plainness here that reminds me of some types of electronic music. It's a bit empty. It feels like a demo, or like it came out of a white room or a studio with guys standing around in white lab coats. Part of that is the high clarity on things like voices and hihats.

JHallImp9- Big-n-crunchy, much need to have the hihats go bapbapbapbapbap at you. This is another drum-heavy mix, like an indie version of AC/DC without quite the guitar focus. The chorus lifts, it sounds like a B-side except you wake up for the chorus. There isn't enough space in the verse for the singer, the drums are just too overwhelming. They feel right for the song, except there isn't a song except when the vocal takes over with a melody line. There's a song when the chorus melody comes in, or when the verse digs into a melody line, otherwise there's just drums.

IMP9_VKorehov- Let's play with the guitars! Actually this makes an interesting bed for the song. It's all about the wash of guitars, which anchors the song firmly in indie-land, for me. I like the way the drums are strong but very much a secondary element. I am noticing that the vocals don't seem that important, I'm listening to the guitar washes instead. The guy could be singing anything over it- that's a handicap, the best mixes I heard needed THAT vocalist singing THAT stuff to be right.

Greg_Dixon_IMP9-1- On the small side. There's an intimacy to this, though. The vocal is smaller than it could be, but apart from that it goes with this little, cozy mix. It's a bit like Henry Cow or something- the idea being indie guys making personal music on little portastudios, music you have to listen into, you have to reach out for this music to get it. One thing about it, the song works with that treatment, if you like that sort of thing. Very personal, very intimate, very cozy.

IMP9_tlester- Bright and aggressive, like a very big clock. it's like the vocalist is meditating on mortality to the tick tick tick of the hat, with other elements staying out of the way so you can get a sense of how the guy feels about it. For that alone this is not bad. I can feel mood in the voices, which is a damn good thing. I think I'm impressed here. The only thing is that the mood feels subtly off, in that I don't quite get the lyrics on this one, it feels like they're somehow singing something else, that the meaning of the lyrics is somehow not there.

imp9_mark_fassett- I hear various effects doing various things. The low end goes 'tonk', the wurly echoes. Sort of like the vocalist singing his song while around him, faintly odd sonic things happen. Like he's stranded in a strange town, lost, and bemused at the odd things he sees. It doesn't seem like they knew the streets at all. Disconcerting mix, slightly puzzling, which the song's arrangement very much helps to convey.

IMP9_HephaLuemp- Big and punchy, sort of crunchy, super-hot vocal. Why is this fellow not Rod Stewart? With this treatment he should be singing Maggie May or some boozy party song. There's nothing feeble or off-kilter about this one, all the odd elements are presented as if they are bedrock solid, it doesn't recognize its own incongruity. Rather than looking for the song, this time I'm looking for the indie... looking for a recognition that some of this stuff is more arbitrary. it's presented as if we're supposed to think it's a rock hit, and it's not really that.

Whew!

iCombs

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2007, 06:15:04 PM »

chrisj wrote on Sun, 14 January 2007 14:55

IMP 9 Buzzsaw- really got to do reviews but there are so many entries and so little time, thanks to the new plugins. My entry uses four new plugins. By now there are eleven... including ones that fix the problems with murkiness and all that... but it's been happening instead of reviewing the tracks. I'd like to see more people do this, so I'll start. This is Awful Chris, due to lack of time, so I hope nobody's too hurt. Should at least be fun to read in a Gonzo Hunter S sort of way.

Please, return the favor, kindly or not Very Happy

*content edited for purposes of reply*

Whew!

Good GOD, Chris...what are you on and why aren't you sharing?

well played...but *snif* don't you like me?

Crying or Very Sad

J/k...though it would be really funny to get the semi-drug-addled Gonzo response to my track.  If you've got the time.
Ian Combs
Producer/Engineer
Lightspeed Group, Inc.
----------------------
"Mista apareeatah... can I have maar beass at all frequencies?"

chrisj

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2007, 09:07:58 PM »

I thought I had everybody. Why don't I have yours then? I could do it IF you do a 'review each track' post yourself Wink but seriously, I thought I got everything up to and after the deadline, so I don't know how I missed you.

No drugs, sorry Smile but I grew up on 'em, and Hunter S. So blame my sordid youth Smile

redfro

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2007, 09:24:29 PM »

Man, so many mixes, so little time...

Hopefully I'll get a chance to give a deeper review for everyone, but it's interesting how different some of the versions are. And I really like some of the things people have going on. But as a mixer I don't think it's my place to make creative changes to the material. So, in general, I feel the versions with large source material changes aren't being true to the artist.

But I want to thank everyone for the hard work they put into the mixes and critiques. This is the first IMP I've had time to do, and hopefully I'll be in on some more of them.

PS...Hey, Lindsay....didn't one of the guys in Pleasant Grove used to be in UFOFU? Used to see them a bunch back in the day...
Wes Pitzer
WCS Media

dconstruction

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2007, 10:42:07 PM »

redfro wrote on Sun, 14 January 2007 20:24

PS...Hey, Lindsay....didn't one of the guys in Pleasant Grove used to be in UFOFU? Used to see them a bunch back in the day...

Kind-of: Joe Butcher (of UFOFU) used to play pedal steel with Pleasant Grove, then moved on to play with the Polyphonic Spree.  Joe, BTW, is a hell of a IDM artist, which is funny: you don't often think of pedal steel players also dabbling in glitch/electronica.  You may be more familiar with Ben and Brandon Curtis, also of UFOFU, but who went onto to form Secret Machines.

redfro

« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2007, 10:49:12 PM »

Yeah, I know Ben and Brandon...but all of that was a long time ago.

Denton used to be such a cool music town. Now....just a couple of clubs doing mostly out-of-towners.

Oh well...
Wes Pitzer
WCS Media

Cary Holding

« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2007, 09:33:12 AM »

chrisj wrote on Sun, 14 January 2007 15:55

imp9-cary- Need to express self with sound design rears its ugly head again Wink Big thumping and gloss. Sounds like these are supposed to be normal people playing MOR music of some kind. This is the Journey version. I'm totally missing the edgy, half-cocked weirdness and amateurism that I know is present in the tracks. It feels stable. In one sense that works, but in another sense it glosses over aspects of the song that are capable of getting attention!

Thanks for the listen.  I know these reviews take a lot of time and I appreciate all those who took the time to do it.

Yeah, I think I understand where you’re coming from. Kind of like airbrushing the beauty mark off of Cindy Crawford’s lip.  Music can be so baffling.  You have the majority, who determine where ‘good’ is.  You also have the “music is an art, therefore there are no rules’ club.  I tend to be in the first group, but respect the second.

Chris J - I thought it was just me, but others have commented on the same thing – the bass and low mids were extreme.  I can only assume this was intentional because I know you’re an aspiring mastering engineer.  What about that first guitar octave part (in the chop track?  That is like crazy loud.  Leaving that type of thing in a mix reminds me of those abstract painters.  The guys who throw paint at a canvas haphazardly and call it genius.  True, it does get our attention.  Nice treatment on the background vocals.
Cary

gatino

« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2007, 12:55:33 PM »

Cary Holding wrote on Mon, 15 January 2007 08:33

What about that first guitar octave part (in the chop track? That is like crazy loud. Leaving that type of thing in a mix reminds me of those abstract painters.  The guys who throw paint at a canvas haphazardly and call it genius.  True, it does get our attention.

if you've seen a jackson pollock up close and personal you'll see the genius in the stroke as well as overall. how he got those vein-like strokes is boggling to me. but, as cool as they are those individual strokes serve a higher purpose.

to me, the difference here is that in several imp9 mixes the noise tracks (call them individual strokes) seem to take precedence over what's really important. with the way they're treated they don't serve the higher purpose, the song form. the vocal track, which i'm sure everyone agrees is utmost, is overwhelmed.

so i'm with you on "where ‘good’ is" and those who say “music is an art, therefore there are no rules" often miss the forest for the trees. i guess i'll repeat the old mantra, know the rules before you break them.  

p.s. please forgive if this sounds like know-it-all bullshit, i'm just stating what i think. no pretense here, i'm lowest on the totem pole around here.

rankus

« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2007, 02:19:46 PM »

Sorry folks, but it looks like I will not be able to find time to review this imp.  I am just wrapping up two projects in the middle of another and starting an album this weekend... (NOT complaining though)...

Just sad that I can't take the time to do a review of all the tracks on this imp... Back for the next one for sure!

Thanks to the one or two of you that reviewed mine... (Chris you missed mine as well... not a complaint, just a heads up that your filing system has holes lol) I don't deserve one anyway.

J:  Contact me if your looking for a track for next IMP... I have a couple of real dandies.
Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

Vladislavs Korehovs

« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2007, 05:11:32 PM »

I want next IMPalready now:((((((((

It is a pity to wait so long:((

I want to say thsnks to Everybody making this IMP and future ones.

BR, Vladislavs

SingSing

« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2007, 11:02:48 AM »

Here's a quick runthrough....late night so I had to use my Sennheiser HD-600's, whatever that's worth... My view of course, so no hard feelings. Thanks to JHall and dconstruction for putting it together. Thanks also to Pleasant Grove for a nice song!  Smile

Greg Dixon
Laid back, drums very stereo separated whereas the rest of the tracks seem to reside in the center. OK 'in-the-middle-of-the-road' mix though a bit on the safe side.

Nick Evans
Nice drum and bass treatment. I miss the guitar during the intro... Good stereo separation and lead vox comes out nicely. Opens up to really wide stereo in the chorus, perhaps a bit too much? Nice work!

iCombs
Nice opening noise. Distorsion on the vox? The most 'dirty' mix so far, in a good way that is.... Coherent!

Garret
This is weird!! Tuned up one step and interesting destruction noises. Distorsion and overdrive all over the place. No drums during the verses (or at least only small elements are kept and they're put back really waaaayy back). Takes over the 'weird & dirty' first place spot.

Gatino
Back to normal again... Bit of a mono big room feeling, yet the mix as a whole sounds a bit hollow and small, dare I say mono? Thru my cans the lead vox is a bit spitty. Seems you've been working on the lead vox tuning which in my view takes away a bit of the intimacy and feeling of the song.

HephaLuemp
Interesting drums! The beefiest kick so far and the snare pops out of the cans. A nice blend of roughness and safety. Good job!

LouMan
Very prominent lead vox verb with long predelay. Not sure it works for me. Phaser on the bgvox during chorus. Instruments sound like 'band in a room' with the singer in another biiiig room.

Mark Fassett
This mix grows on me. Very much a bass & vox mix with the guitars put back and safely filling out the side. Not sure the lead vox delay is the best choice, but still a good mix.

ScotcH
Is that the alternate bass high in the mix, or just EQ'ing the main bass? Nice definition and wooomp in both the bass and kick. Good vocal treatment. Let's the original recording shine through. Good work.

scott oliphant
Squashed wide and verby drums. Big vox verb which takes a bit getting used to, but the song grows. Interesting with the slap on the snare at the end. Evolving, nice work.

six wax
From the startoff this one beats me...not really into this kind of lo-fi mix. Gets going a bit more in the chorus but the big snare kind of gets in the way. Good vocal, though cut maybe a bit  too high? Very nice and different ending.

TLester
Dry, in-the-face mix with some glitter and sparkling happening in the chorus. Good drum treatment, just a bit of snap...in a good way. Like this one a lot, it let's the song speak for itself.

VKorehov
Those guitars with big verb and delay aren't exactly my cup of tea. The contrast between them and lead vocal distracts. OK drums and vocal treatment though there are many nasty vocal ducks during the choruses.

ATOR
First pad comes along, wonder how you did that....  =)
Chorused guitars put way back. Interesting doubled hats, and good drums overall. Not sure I really like the rather prominent lead vox verb in the verse. Good use of the guitar noise in the intro.  Nice to see good use of the tamb in the last chorus. Nice mix that grows. Tasteful swell at the end.

Cary
This one starts off with swell... Too big or prominent drum verb in my opinion...actually too big/prominent vox verb as well. Vox too low in the chorus, what was your point there? Good drive in the mix. Strangely the drum verb gets better throughout the song.

ChrisJ
Very prominent bass throughout the song. The drums are waaay back. That contrast is rather interesting. Good vocal treatment. Did you put a phaser on the lead vox or is my mind just fvcking with me after listeing to this song a bazillion times?

dconstruction
Once again, thanks for the tracks. I guess this one ought to be some kind of benchmark for what was the goal with the song...
Completely obliterated bass. Good use of both drum tracks. Bet it took you some time to align them  =)
Cool LFO on the last chorus. I think you're lead vox treatment is good, but perhaps cut a bit too high.
Interesting use of the chorus vox. Good work, one of the best and definetely one of the most radical.

Henchman
Good drum treatment. That snare is really snappy, perhaps too snappy in this environment? Nice use of the tamb during the chorus. Generally a well thoughout mix. Good work.

Maxim
Another thrasher! Good, farty bass!  =)
Interesting use of the wurly. The mix really makes space for the welltreated lead vox during the verse. The snare pops out a bit too much during the chorus in my opinion. There's a kind of fade during the end chorus, what's that about? Same thing after the second chorus where the drums make a big comeback....  =)
Perhaps the chorus vox could come up a bit? Interesting work!

NickT
Bright and squashed mix with lots of snare verb and some short panned lead vox delays. The snare is maybe a bit weak/phasy, but the drums in general are just fine. Interesting kick, how did you do that? Sounds like no other mix, so  thumbs up for that!  =)

Nizzle
Very wide. Interesting approach with all that separation and on top of that a lead vox with slap delay. Then against all odds, it collapses in the chorus. Dry vox and guitar in center. Nice panning during 2nd chorus and tasteful weird fx on the rhodes. Not really sure what to think of it, but nice work nonetheless.

Undertow
Perhaps the most coherent mix. Very nice drum and bass treatment. Where the hell did you find that punch? Very sparse rhodes use in the chorus. Good vocal treatment, but perhaps just a teenyweeny spitty through my cans. Interesting to use that gating and fx on the rhodes during 2nd chorus. Overall a very good straightforward mix.

Spoon
Another with prominent lead vox verb, and it works just fine. Good drum implementation and overall sounds. Maybe a bit on the safe side but still nice work.

JHall
Now, here are some hard driving drums! And you used them both, and aligned them! Strangely you actually managed to do all that and yet they're coherent.  =)  But....in my view the drums get a bit too much attention in this mix. The chorus vox are cool with that overdrive. An interesting blend of cool noises and a really well done mix. Different yet appealing.

TomC
What a contrast  =)
Small sounding instruments overall...almost nonexistent drums. Chorus on the lead vox might not be the first choice in my book. Yet you abandon the vox fx in the chorus. Not sure what to make of this one.... Maybe work on an acapella version with melodyne?

Redfro
Good sounding drums and bass. The lead vox seems a bit weak, too much hi-shelf EQ? The panning hi-eq vox delay in the chorus didn't fit. Nice guitar use in the 2nd chorus, though they drown out the lead vox. Got potential, and perhaps some less vox EQ'ing would do the trick?

Volthause
Another slammer. Nice drum work, though maybe a bit short release on that comp? Overall very nice sounds and things blend together nicely.

Guess that sums things up...don't think I've forgotten anyone.

Good work everyone!

Stefan
SingSing

PS. Made an alternate mix if anyone cares to comment. A bit sloppy on the automation, but I hope the idea comes across.
http://www.singsing.se/imp/imp9_singsing_2.mp3

dconstruction

« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2007, 11:53:14 AM »

SingSing wrote on Tue, 16 January 2007 10:02

dconstruction
Once again, thanks for the tracks. I guess this one ought to be some kind of benchmark for what was the goal with the song...
Completely obliterated bass. Good use of both drum tracks. Bet it took you some time to align them  =)
Cool LFO on the last chorus. I think you're lead vox treatment is good, but perhaps cut a bit too high.
Interesting use of the chorus vox. Good work, one of the best and definetely one of the most radical.

Thanks!  Though I don't know about the "benchmark" comment (or the "one of the best" part, either).  Certainly radical.  I think the LFO is me jacking with the feedback and time on the delay on the Wurly.  And as for aligning drums, I didn't at all.  No cuts, no edits, no pulling or stretching: those are the tracks.  I think also the "obliterated" bass is actually the doubling guitar, which is pretty far gone.  

I'm listening to your latest mix.  There's a lot more vibe and direction in it.  To my ears, a much better, more focused mix.  I love the little breaks you've added.  That tambourine at the front made me smile.  My only complaint is that I miss the harmony vox in the last chorus; they're pretty low.  And I might not keep the vocal reprise at the very end.  Still, great job.  I like it.

gatino

« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2007, 12:11:11 PM »

SingSing wrote on Tue, 16 January 2007 10:02

Gatino
Back to normal again... Bit of a mono big room feeling, yet the mix as a whole sounds a bit hollow and small, dare I say mono? Thru my cans the lead vox is a bit spitty. Seems you've been working on the lead vox tuning which in my view takes away a bit of the intimacy and feeling of the song.

mono, haha...and here i was trying to practice L-C-R mixing. oh well...  thx for the input
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 20 queries.