R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any one else get on of these? (email scam)  (Read 3733 times)

Thomas W. Bethel

• Real Full Name: Thomas W. Bethel
  • When only the best will do.
Any one else get on of these? (email scam)
« on: August 11, 2011, 11:39:16 AM »

An Email I got today...

Hello,

After going through your web-site, we view your studio and willing to make reservation for some days.

INTRODUCTION.
We are French musician residing here in Hongkong and given the best show demonstration. We have interest to make a reservation of your studio rentage for 2 weeks from the month of August 25-15th of next month during our stay in your Country.

To your notice, we are willing to make final medium mastering optimizing processes sing in your studio. We are booking and want you to reserve the mention days for us.  Payment will be made through our credit card for the period mention.   Should in case other activities or urgent play booking delay us, we will let you know and call for cancellation while expecting reimbursement formalities back to our account

Sounds like a SCAM to me especially this part "Should in case other activities or urgent play booking delay us, we will let you know and call for cancellation while expecting reimbursement formalities back to our account"

Just wondering????

Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
http://www.acoustikmusik.com/

Doing what you love is freedom.
Loving what you do is happiness.

Celebrating 29 years in business in 2024

When only the best will do...

Greg Reierson

Re: Any one else get on of these?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 11:41:40 AM »

See if they'll pay in advance :)

GR
Greg Reierson
Rare Form Mastering

Ruairi O Flaherty

• Real Full Name: Ruairi O'Flaherty
Re: Any one else get on of these?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 01:05:03 PM »

See if they'll pay in advance :)
GR

It seems that's what they're offering but it looks like the scam here is that they are using stolen credit cards, it's a way of getting cash from these stolen cards.  They pay you with someone else's card and then cancel the session two days later, asking you to Western Union the deposit back to them.

Thomas W. Bethel

• Real Full Name: Thomas W. Bethel
  • When only the best will do.
Re: Any one else get on of these? (email scam)
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 02:05:57 PM »

This is what I wrote him back...

As much as I would like to help you out and make some money for my company this has all the makings of a Credit Card SCAM. I am sorry but I am not interested. There are plenty of really good mastering studios in the Far East and Australia and New Zealand so to come half way around the world to a small regional mastering studio in the US makes no real business sense to me.

Thanks for your interest and sorry we cannot help you.

For your information for future sessions...

Our normal terms are NET CASH (US Currency) for unknown clients with unknown credit cards. The invoice has to be paid, in cash, when the sessions are done and before any mastering materials are released. If these procedures are followed  then we can do business together. Prepaying with money forwarded for tour expenses or the use of a questionable credit card raises all kinds of red flags.

Thanks!
Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
http://www.acoustikmusik.com/

Doing what you love is freedom.
Loving what you do is happiness.

Celebrating 29 years in business in 2024

When only the best will do...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.