R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Clicks" when using Frontier Apache  (Read 1983 times)

wildplum

• Real Full Name: paul tumolo
"Clicks" when using Frontier Apache
« on: January 04, 2007, 01:52:19 PM »

I have a Frontier Apache which I like very much. However I do have one problem with it.

One of the things I have connected to it is an Apogee AD-16 A/D converter (original, not the 16x). The problem is that I get "clicks" (high frequency spikes, the type of thing associated with clocking problems) on the signal coming from the AD-16. At random and not often, averaging one click every 45 minutes, but sometimes the clicks come three or four at a time, in rapid succession, sometimes I can go an hour without a click.

I have isolated the problem to the Frontier Apache. I get the clicks even when I have removed everything else from the system except the AD-16, the Apache and my computer interface (I have tried this with both an RME Digiface and a MOTU 2408III, with both exhibiting the click problem). I get the click problem whether using an external clock (Aardvark) or use the Ad-16's clock out to the Digiface clock in (in this simplest configuration, these are the only two devices needing a clock). I DO NOT get the problem if I run the AD-16's ADAT lightpipe outs directly into either the Digiface or the 2408 computer interface. I only get the problem when I have the Apache between the AD-16 and the interface. I have tried swapping out the lightpipe cables with different make/model cables, but continue to get the clicks. I have also tried different ports on the Apache and still get the clicks. I do not get the clicks if I go from the computer through either the 2408 or Digiface, then the Apache to my 02r96. There seems to be something going on between the AD-16 and the Apache.

I am at a loss for ideas on what to try next. Any advice would be most appreciated.
Paul Tumolo

<a href="http://www.wildplum.org" target="_blank">Wildplum Recordings</a>

a micro label, studio and remote recording service
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 18 queries.