R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Curious ISRC reading issue....  (Read 3312 times)

SafeandSoundMastering

• Real Full Name: Barry Gardner
  • My analogue rack
Curious ISRC reading issue....
« on: August 05, 2011, 10:13:56 AM »

I created some master disks and sent to a client, I have the Wavelab CD montage, a Plextools Pro disk report of the actual physical master that was despatched and a reference disk which I keep myself. All read the ISRC codes as being perfect here.

I have read the ISRC codes off with a Plextor 712A using Plextools Pro and also a Plextor 716SA in a different machine using the latest version of Plextools. The ISRC codes are all perfectly ok as far as my burners/Plextools report.

The client says he is reading the ISRC as starting with GAEGD instead of GB67P that I read.

Clients software and hardware:

ISRC viewer, wavelab 5 (demo) & Exact Audio Copy on a HP Touchsmart IQ770 (Windows Vista/Serial ATA Harddrive) and ISRC viewer on an Acer Aspire 9300 laptop (Windows XP). 

Is it just his 2 consumer drives are incapable of correctly reading ISRC?

It's a conundrum.
Barry Gardner
SafeandSound Mastering UK based online mastering studio.

SafeandSoundMastering

• My analogue rack
Re: Curious ISRC reading issue....
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 10:37:34 AM »

Out of interest I installed this :

http://en.true-audio.com/Tau_Analyzer_-_CD_Authenticity_Detector

Which can read ISRC codes, incidently..... ISRCviewer trial stated my OEM burner in my desktop internet PC was capable of reading ISRC codes then requested I pay for the full version.at $9.95

Tau Analyzer received garbage for the ISRC from my OEM generic drive, not conclusive but it does strongly suggest many generic OEM drives can't read d*ck for ISRC.
Barry Gardner

jamesp

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 08:46:48 AM »

Plextools can read ISRC's from any reader that can read them - not just Plextor drives. So no need for any extra software

James.
James Perrett - JRP Music
http://www.jrpmusic.net

SafeandSoundMastering

• My analogue rack
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 12:43:44 PM »

Hi James, thanks for the input.

I did not have Plextools installed on my internet PC so just required something
to try and read them without locating my installed disks.

In the end I tried to read other ISRC's from other disks on my OEM drive and it read the same gobbledygook ISRC as the other disk so pretty conclusive that many standard PC generic OEM drives simply cannot do it.

I also read through some GS threads about the same issue with Apple Mac internal drives. Though it is understandably a little disconcerting for any client if they cannot read it for themselves. Despite the fact I provided them with a disk report as standard. I am so glad I have 3 working Plextor 7xx drives here. I still burn a hell of a lot of CD-R master disks and I am quite happy to do so really as long as clients still prefer them.

Just one of thos things I guess, client is satisfied they are correctly written as per Plextools screenshot and CD report.

cheers
Barry Gardner
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 24 queries.