R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ART Digital MPA... Are you serious? can it be? ART?  (Read 20125 times)

vegas4ever

Re: ART Digital MPA... Are you serious? can it be? ART?
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2007, 08:05:23 AM »

rollmottle wrote on Mon, 19 March 2007 11:50

vegas4ever wrote on Mon, 19 March 2007 05:34

rollmottle wrote on Fri, 16 March 2007 20:04

after much wrangling with the MPA, i decided to send it back. i was having heavy jitter problems on the digi outs at 44/16 and i could never figure out why. at 96/24 it was rock solid, but with the DIGI002's limitations on digital I/O i was kind of hamstrung using the digital I/O on the MPA anyways. also, the left channel of my unit was registering a low volume noise on the meter that i troubleshot to be more than just a bad tube or ground trouble. i will say that it DID add a nice quality to my mixes. it tended to have a soft clipping type of effect on the material i sent through it, without harshing it or killing the top.

i did send it back in exchange for an ART ProVLA. now THAT thing is doing exactly what i wanted. it "warms up" and "rounds out" my digi mixes very nicely - in a more fully dynamic way than the MPA did. i will upgrade the tubes the same as i did with the MPA and i expect it to be even more useable.

despite my woe on the MPA, i will say ART has made 2 very solid products for the price. they are solid, rugged units and i daresay you won't find very many products at this price point that will come close to the results you can achieve.

So you had the Jitters @ 44 and not a 96?

yep.

thats a little different!
"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
David Brent

d gauss

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2007, 12:05:39 PM »

there's one of these in the rack at the local banjo center. been there for quite a while and obviously "on" all the time.  so...

looking at the VU meters, they are all warped, so much so that the needle can't move! seems that the calibrated "VU meter displays" are just thin printed pieces of paper placed behind the needle that curl up from the heat! now that's quality!

Joe Black

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2007, 12:40:36 PM »

I like mine. So there.

CHANCE

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2007, 06:18:33 PM »

d gauss wrote on Sat, 24 March 2007 09:05

there's one of these in the rack at the local banjo center. been there for quite a while and obviously "on" all the time.  so...

looking at the VU meters, they are all warped, so much so that the needle can't move! seems that the calibrated "VU meter displays" are just thin printed pieces of paper placed behind the needle that curl up from the heat! now that's quality!

Alot of times GC will put a lot of tube gear together for display and have no regard for ventilation. Mine gets used often and the meters still look new after a year.
Chance Pataki
The Musicians Workshop
musicians.workshop@gte.net
http://www.the-musicians-workshop.com

A person is a biological signal processor--EQ mag
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 16 queries.