R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's this kind of capacitors and can I find modern equivalent/improvement ?  (Read 4616 times)

Julien Asencio

• Real Full Name: Kidbill

Hi, I have these old capacitors and wonder what they are?
Can I find "modern" equivalent/improvement? They are used in equalizer module but some are missing. I guess I could replace them with very good new ones?
Thanks for your help

Bruno Putzeys

• A contrarian for no reason at all.

They're just electrolytic capacitors. One value I can read on your picture is 200/25 i.e. 200uF/25V. The more common value these days is 220uF. You'll find the modern caps to be remarkably small in comparison but they'll be better.
Not necessarily expressing the opinion of www.grimmaudio.com or www.hypex.nl

boggy

• R/E/P Forums
  • Real Full Name: Bogic Petrovic
  • There is no spoon...

Also, there are Vishay/BC Components electrolytic capacitors with same shape (axial).

BobSchwenkler

I actually was wondering about some caps I have in a Spectrasonics 610 that bear a resemblance to these (different brand though). Is it possible that they're wet tantalums?

Bruno Putzeys

• A contrarian for no reason at all.

Those do indeed look similar but I can't recall seeing them with one end potted.
Not necessarily expressing the opinion of www.grimmaudio.com or www.hypex.nl

trunkline

• Real Full Name: tom rogers

I actually was wondering about some caps I have in a Spectrasonics 610 that bear a resemblance to these (different brand though). Is it possible that they're wet tantalums?

Bob--
In the 610 they're most likely axial tantalums (don't know about the wet part.) Probably RN105D series or something like that. 

Best,
Tom

panman

They are electrolytes from DDR-production. You find them in Neumann Gefell:s and other East-German stuff. The number one inside a triangle was a sign of better or military quality(in DDR).
Regards,
           Esa
Esa Tervala
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 18 queries.