R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: km64 , 53 etc connector numbers  (Read 3460 times)

Melvin Bloemsma

• Nieuw-Amsterdam NL
km64 , 53 etc connector numbers
« on: August 03, 2011, 11:38:10 AM »

Hy!
I got a couple of recapped N52a's and a couple of KM64 KM54 and i want to make the cables for it. The pinout I know is:

Pin 1: Audio (+)
Pin 5: Audio (-)
Pin 3+6: Ground + cable shield
Pin 4: B+ (120VDC)
Pin 2: Heater (4VDC)

Just two simple questions:

Do I connect pin 3 to pin 6? When I take a KM cable apart this is not the case, they are used but not soldered together.

What does the B+ stand for? I assume just pin 4? 

AND my most important question HOW do i count the numbers 1 though 6, is it looking at the back of the connector counting from LEFT to RIGHT with pin 6 in the middle? This may sound silly, but I don`t want to make mistakes here.

thnx in advance!!
mell
Last I heard, a recording studio is a space where music is performed while making it easy to record the performance.
It isn’t a mix room, an editing room, a computer or a pile of recording gear.

klaus

Re: km64 , 53 etc connector numbers
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 01:38:20 PM »

Mell,
You would be able to answer at least one of your questions if you were in possession of a schematic. It's an absolute must when you want to repair or investigate issues with your specific models. Please get one- either from the internet or through a request on the Neumann pinboard - Neumann usually sends a PDF file within 24 hours.

I usually connect pins 3 and 6. Though theoretically, both pins are interconnected inside the mic.

B+ is an old term from the DC-battery era of electronics indicating the plus pole of the battery. In the case of condenser microphones, B+ indicates the plus (high) voltage coming from the power supply which supplies the tube's plate voltage, and the capsule polarisation voltage.

The Neumann schematic indicates with a picture the proper sequence of pin numbers: pin view of the (male) connector pins in the bottom of the mic. "Pin View" means  as viewed with the pins visible in the bottom of the mic staring at you.

Specifically: Pin one would be at 5 'o clock, and pin five at 7 o'clock. The configuration inside the female cable connector would be the mirror image of this: pin one at 7 o'clock, etc.
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks®
www.GermanMasterworks.com

Melvin Bloemsma

• Nieuw-Amsterdam NL
Re: km64 , 53 etc connector numbers
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 01:44:02 PM »

hey klaus ,
thnx for your reply, i will get a schematic asap!
Last I heard, a recording studio is a space where music is performed while making it easy to record the performance.
It isn’t a mix room, an editing room, a computer or a pile of recording gear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.