R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need some advices ...  (Read 1710 times)

julien_a

I need some advices ...
« on: December 14, 2006, 11:54:14 AM »

Hi everyone,
i contact you because i am going to draw the planes of my new control room. I have bought a house near of Paris, France and in the garden, i am starting to build a little room used for my control room. I just want a room with the best lenght proportion and i will treat the room with the Attack Wall system from ASC, some Real Traps and some Schroeder diffusor.
I know some nice lenght proportion, but the problem is that because i want to have the ceiling inclined ( the highest height at the back of the room ), how can i calcul the height dimension ? For instance, one of my favorite proportion for my room is l : 403 cm x L : 590 cm x h : 310 cm. This is easy to make without a inclined ceiling, but with it, do i make 310 cm at the longest height, at the smallest height or at the middle ?
Thanks for your answers.
Best regards,
Julien A.

julien_a

Re: I need some advices ...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 11:57:21 AM »

Moreover, what is the best angle for my inclined ceiling ?

Ethan Winer

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 01:13:55 PM »

Julien,

> the problem is that because i want to have the ceiling inclined ( the highest height at the back of the room ), how can i calcul the height dimension ? <

You should use the average. For example, if your preferred dimensions make the ceiling height 310 cm, you could have it lower than that in the front and higher in the rear. So the middle is 310 cm.

As for how much angle, the minimum useful offset is about 1 in 10, so for every meter of length the height will change by at least 0.1 meter. Therefore at the front the ceiling will be lower than 295 cm and at the rear it will be higher than 325 cm.

--Ethan

julien_a

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 01:23:49 PM »

Great answer ....very clear.
Thank you so much.
Regards.

franman

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 08:22:47 PM »

For this type of scenario, with one room dimension "off" the rectangle, we would calculate Min, Max as well as average, just to be sure. If all of those work, you're in good shape!!
Francis Manzella - President, FM Design Ltd.
                 - Managing Director, Griffin Audio
fmdesign.com
griffinaudiousa.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.