R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Need an opinion on a small live room acoustics plan (3D sketch included)  (Read 39099 times)

boggy

• R/E/P Forums
  • Real Full Name: Bogic Petrovic
  • There is no spoon...
Re: Need an opinion on a small live room acoustics plan (3D sketch included)
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2011, 01:06:32 PM »

... may be deleted

woodnote

• Real Full Name: Thomas Vedder
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 01:21:04 PM »

Here it is.
You start from your right (for example) absorber and count to right. Also you start your left side absorber to count to left, same as right but mirrored really.
If you have absorbers behind your loudspeakers, then do same, but start from this absorbers.
Don't repeat sequence on one whole side, when you finish sequence on one absorber, then continue sequence on the next.
Your left and your right side in room must be symmetrical, and your binary diffuser slats may be mirrored.

Oh i understand thanks!

I'm using them for a recording room, in my room (you can see the sketch, i added it to my previous post) i was planning on putting the panels in front of the recording position and a bit angled in order to break the parallel walls a bit. so its not as simple as parallel left and right..
so should i count in the directions like in this picture?

EDIT: or maybe you think that i should use them to my left and right and put regular absorbers in front of me?

boggy

• R/E/P Forums
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 01:26:52 PM »

Oh i understand thanks!

I'm using them for a recording room, in my room (you can see the sketch, i added it to my previous post) i was planning on putting the panels in front of the recording position and a bit angled in order to break the parallel walls a bit. so its not as simple as parallel left and right..
so should i count in the directions like in this picture?

If you don't have listening symmetry for stereo and surround monitoring it's not needed to follow symmetry.
From only recording room, count from left to right ... no matter that panels will be slightly different because binary diffuser, this is desirable.
Also check my edits in previous post...

woodnote

• Real Full Name: Thomas Vedder
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 01:33:26 PM »

If you don't have listening symmetry for stereo and surround monitoring it's not needed to follow symmetry.
From only recording room, count from left to right ... no matter that panels will be slightly different because binary diffuser, this is desirable.
Also check my edits in previous post...

Ok, that makes sense. so i'll just count from left to right on all panels, and when i start the next panel i'll continue from where i stopped in the sequence.

Thanks for everything.

boggy

• R/E/P Forums
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 01:35:10 PM »

Ok, that makes sense. so i'll just count from left to right on all panels, and when i start the next panel i'll continue from where i stopped in the sequence.
Yes

Thanks for everything.
NP, good luck! :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.