R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ya Know W and this new congress....  (Read 3093 times)

rphilbeck

Re: Ya Know W and this new congress....
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 12:41:36 AM »

wwittman wrote on Fri, 08 December 2006 21:41

meanwhile.. I still don't think lying about cheating on your wife qualifies as a high crime or misdemeanor against the United States

Wittman.  It's actually embarrasing to read some of your posts.  Maybe you should draw up new laws, and let us know when it's okay to lie under oath, and when it's not.   Rolling Eyes  

And Barry, are you actually sitting there with a straight face claiming Bill Clinton doesn't have any blood on his hands?  Even he wouldn't say something that stupid.  

John Ivan

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 01:53:14 AM »

RPhilbeck wrote on Sat, 09 December 2006 00:41

wwittman wrote on Fri, 08 December 2006 21:41

meanwhile.. I still don't think lying about cheating on your wife qualifies as a high crime or misdemeanor against the United States

Wittman.  It's actually embarrasing to read some of your posts.  Maybe you should draw up new laws, and let us know when it's okay to lie under oath, and when it's not.   Rolling Eyes  

And Barry, are you actually sitting there with a straight face claiming Bill Clinton doesn't have any blood on his hands?  Even he wouldn't say something that stupid.  

Why are you embarrassed for him? There is the idea that we should take into consideration "The spirit of the law".. Yes, as a technical point, he lied about having wild sex in the Oval Office but who here thinks for one second that:

A. One, any one of our founding Father's would have spent more than 3 second rolling their eye's about this. Would they say "High Crime or Misdemeanor"? Or would they say,, "This is a personal matter."?

B. Is there an American alive today who thinks this huge waste of time was worth what it cost us?

As for Clinton having Blood on his hand's, I would suggest that ,unfortunately, being president of this country can frequently lead to this problem. However, It can in my opinion, be argued that Clinton had much better reason for action than this President did.

I've been asking since the very first day I heard mention of IRAQ coming from this White House and I'll ask again... How is it possible that there are educated people who thought over throwing the Iraqi Government was a good Idea? HOW??!! Who are these people?

I'm still so pissed at My Democratic Party {I might sorta be a democrat, I don't really know} for giving Bush the opportunity that I see RED!!

Clinton, as flawed as he was/is, Is three times the person. {depending on what your definition of is-is,, 'sorry' }
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Barry Hufker

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006, 10:42:30 AM »

RPhilbeck,

You're joking right?  I mean -- you're joking -- right?

Surely you can't believe the things you write...

But it's OK, because you're joking --- right?

Barry

maxdimario

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2006, 12:43:56 PM »

Clinton getting caught is a silly domestic affair which has been blown way out of proportion..

there is no such thing as a saint in politics, and getting a BJ from a younger woman who proposes herself (and probably earned something in one way or another along the way) is not a crime.

People have sex all the time, even extra-marital sex.

most people hide it. many people do it.

the funny thing is how americans start to become moralists ONLY when the TV kicks in..

had the event been casually reported and not re-cycled endlessly on TV nobody would have cared... $$$$$$$$$ is what it takes to convince americans what is good or not and the neocons as well as every other political party knows it.

my reaction to the clinton thing was that ALL men in prominent positions have girls lusting over them, and politicians are no exception. If the president can't get laid it's a sad situation.. who gives a shit what he does with silly women!

I personally believe that most presidents have had 'illegitimate' sexual affairs, and have had a go with the odd call girl that was 'given' to them as a present by someone who wanted to influence them in some way...at one time or another of their carrer.

high society is NOTORIOUSLY promiscuous, and has been since the times of the greek empire.

the art of communicating/bullshitting is one of the the cornerstones of politics... to believe that so-and-so president and his wife are a perfect couple because the LOOK and ACT like one in public is to be naive.

but to start a war where HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of humans are killed... that is not shocking seemingly to americans..

...perhaps as a result of the RIDICULOUS movies coming out of hollywood the last decade.. which usually have AT LEAST 45 min. of graphic violence and murders..

what kind of a country has america become?

John Ivan

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2006, 12:57:29 PM »

Well, In some ways, America has become the country it was supposed to become. In other ways, the wheels have temporarily come off the system. The key to putting them back on, In my view, is more transparency of of Government and, It's critical that people get involved which means they have to be informed.. This is the hardest part.

I have to say though about the Clinton thing. Yes, I feel it's none of my business if he chose to fool with this Woman. However, I was very disappointed in him on a personal level {no, I did not know him of course} and as a general rule, I do not approve of fooling around on your spouse. I'm faithful to my wife and respect others who are also. I try not to judge those who make another choice but, I can't help but wonder why they are Married..

I do feel as stated earlier that such matters should NOT, I say NOT be part of the public business. We spent MY {our} money on this shit and I'm not happy about it.

Ivan.........................................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Barry Hufker

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2006, 01:22:23 PM »

And now a *moderate* Republican heard from:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- In an emotional speech on the Senate floor Thursday night, Sen Gordon Smith, a moderate Republican from Oregon who has been a supporter of the war in Iraq, said the U.S. military's "tactics have failed" and he "cannot support that anymore."

Smith said he is at, "the end of my rope when it comes to supporting a policy that has our soldiers patrolling the same streets in the same way, being blown up the same bombs, day after day.

"That is absurd," he said. "It may even be criminal."

It's wonderful Republicans are finally saying these things.  Too bad they didn't have the balls to say it before the Mid-term Elections and a damning report about the war.

Barry

PRobb

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 02:14:15 PM »

Clinton lied about his personal life. That doesn't make him a nice guy. What he did was wrong and stupid. But ultimately, I don't really care about his personal life. We did not elect him to be a nice guy. We elected him to be president and run the country. And when it comes to being president and running the country, Clinton was more honest than Bush. By orders of magnitude.

While I don't know enough about the presidents of the 19th century to conclusively state that Bush is the worst president in American history, I think that at this point to say he is the worst of the modern era is less an opinion than a simple observation.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

wwittman

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2006, 03:38:05 PM »

I don't want to rewrite these laws...

is there really any question that this administration broke numerous laws? National AND International?

the DIFFERENCE is one president had a hostile congress and a millionaire right-wing crackpot willing to do, or spend, ANYTHING to nail him for SOMETHING.

(how did the so-called "whitewater" investigation morph into a deposition about extra-marital sex?)

on the OTHER hand, with THIS president we have a go-along-with-ANYTHING-the Whitehouse-wants Congress who refused to do ANY oversight.

Bush has simply taken the Nixon line: "if the president does it , then it's not illegal..."

William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)

Larrchild

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2006, 03:02:16 AM »

Well..outgoing Rep. Cynthia "Right Hook" Mckinney introduced an impeachment bill. http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/08/D8LT24S80.html
http://www.breitbart.com/images/2006/12/8/D8LT24S80/D8LT24S80_preview.jpg
But in her case, it's symbolic and not likely to gain sweeping approval.

Being that she's nuts and all.
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

wwittman

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 02:01:21 PM »

well, her local voters took care of her, and LOTS of others...

there was no shortage of nuts... like the nut who thought he could diagnose Terry Schiavo via video: Bill Frist.

thankfully, also gone.

William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)

Larrchild

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 02:16:54 PM »

Quote:

there was no shortage of nuts... like the nut who thought he could diagnose Terry Schiavo via video: Bill Frist.

Yes, he's gone.

But the memory of the emergency, weekend Supreme Court session to determine the outcome of one single individual will stick in our minds for quite a while.

And the death threats that the Justices subsequently received from unhappy Fox viewers.

A low point in our history.
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

John Ivan

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 02:43:45 PM »

Larrchild wrote on Sun, 10 December 2006 14:16

Quote:

Yes, he's gone.

But the memory of the emergency, weekend Supreme Court session to determine the outcome of one single individual will stick in our minds for quite a while.

And the death threats that the Justices subsequently received from unhappy Fox viewers.

A low point in our history.

And ya know, It's strange that looking back on this is bad enough in ones' own mind. But, when someone types it as above, I get this sick feeling in my tummy.. for some reason seeing it written again is very scary.......

Yikes!

Ivan.............................

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.