R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ya Know W and this new congress....  (Read 3095 times)

rphilbeck

Ya Know W and this new congress....
« on: December 08, 2006, 12:03:06 PM »

are going to get along superb.  This guy is a BIG GOVERNMENT republican like it or not.  In 2006 he allocated 380 Billion somewhat dollars (look it up if you want this ain't no college term paper)to poverty entitlements!  That is an unprecedented number even counting for inflation.  No president has ever pissed away that much money on poverty!  

Now...watch the new congress pass a bill granting amnesty to all the illegals who have illegally come into this country.  He'll sign it!  Hell he probably can't wait to get it.

he won't even consider a decent tax system...

It kills me how the Dems hate him.  He practically is one.  Hell, I guess a lot of folks look in the mirror and don't like what they see.  Very Happy

wwittman

Re: Ya Know W and this new congress....
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 03:28:09 PM »

practically a Democrat?

Hardly.
he's just a mutant... he and his neocon handlers.

yes, he's "big government"

but Democrats, or more specifically Liberals, think government is there to HELP the average citizen.
Conservatives think government shouldn't, or at least doesn't.

neocons think the government is there for the express purpose of making them and their friends more rich and powerful, and that THIS in itself is "good for" the rest of us.

Republicans who are "real conservatives" need to take some responsibility for letting this bunch hijack their party and country.

You criticise him as being"almost a Democrat"... but did you VOTE for him?
Twice?

he's YOUR choice.

there isn't a SINGLE reasonable argument as to how either Gore OR KErry wouldn't be better presidents.
even though I'm no big fan of either of them.

but just presented with the choices.. we're living with the results of the bad choice.

let's HOPE this Congress does its oversight JOB for a change.
Something the Republican Congress of the last 6 years has simpy refused to do at all.

it's why so many of them are not BACK... more thanh any other reason.
(Including lack of oversight of the "war" in Iraq)

William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)

Barry Hufker

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 03:29:26 PM »

W isn't the Republican Republicans now want, but he sure was six years ago.  His failure in office from the start has nothing to do with Dems.  He and the Rubber Stamp Congress did whatever the hell they wanted.  So if things are fucked you know where that came from.

Count on Dems to pass legislation for working middle class people who want to have a decent life.  After modifying/repealing all the Iraq/Military Commission/No Child Left Behind/Tax/ bullshit, then that should be followed by decent healthcare, restoration of student loans, better Medicare and a bunch of other things I don't have time to mention.  Then I'm hoping for an impeachment before that MF gets out of office.  Oh, yes, impeach Cheney too.  Then Pelosi becomes the first female President as she is third in command.

Barry

PRobb

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 04:32:42 PM »

RPhilbeck wrote on Fri, 08 December 2006 12:03

It kills me how the Dems hate him.  He practically is one.  Hell, I guess a lot of folks look in the mirror and don't like what they see.  Very Happy

Curious, I fell the same way about Republicans hating Clinton. His crime was to actually DO what they had been talking about for years. He balanced the budget, reduced the size of government and reduced crime.

OTOH, I can't think of a single thing Bush has done that I can approve of.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

Larrchild

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 04:43:51 PM »

Quote:

It took me some thinking, but the no-telemarketer law comes to mind.
Larry Janus
http://2ubes.net

PRobb

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 04:55:35 PM »

Larrchild wrote on Fri, 08 December 2006 16:43

Quote:

OK- that's one. Or maybe 1/2.
Rolling Eyes
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

rphilbeck

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 05:15:57 PM »

Larrchild wrote on Fri, 08 December 2006 16:43

Quote:

They must have appealed it for my house specifically.....

rphilbeck

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 05:29:08 PM »

PRobb wrote on Fri, 08 December 2006 16:32

RPhilbeck wrote on Fri, 08 December 2006 12:03

Curious, I fell the same way about Republicans hating Clinton. His crime was to actually DO what they had been talking about for years. He balanced the budget, reduced the size of government and reduced crime.

If only he weren't a perjuror.

Larrchild

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 05:37:57 PM »

There is a lesson to be learned from the last impeachment. Our enemies plotted against us most ambitiously during that period while we were distracted.

Regardless of your feelings on the subject, I would like to see government go back to governing. Forget impeachment.

Now that both sides have representation, the results may prove more fruitious from the standpoint of the customer.

Larry Janus

John Ivan

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 06:00:11 PM »

Larrchild wrote on Fri, 08 December 2006 17:37

There is a lesson to be learned from the last impeachment. Our enemies plotted against us most ambitiously during that period while we were distracted.

Regardless of your feelings on the subject, I would like to see government go back to governing. Forget impeachment.

Now that both sides have representation, the results may prove more fruitious from the standpoint of the customer.

I agree. As much as I think he has been a disaster for our Country, I believe it's in our best interest to move on and to try to get something done. History will be honest enough. There's no way he can hide from what has happened on his watch.

There's a huge list of important business that's been sitting collecting dust. I hope they focus on that..

Ivan........................................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

Barry Hufker

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 06:40:57 PM »

Clinton -- perjuror with a sperm stain on a dress.

Bush -- a dictator with blood on his hands, sending thousands of troops off to be killed and maimed over oil.

It is clear who ought to have been (will be) impeached.

Governing:  The Dems aren't about revenge.  That's why I stated the legislation that is at the top of the agenda.  Healing the country after repeated Republican abuses of power, bribery and Child Abuse will be a major part of the Dem's job.

But there are several important things that must be done, both for ourselves and for a restored faith in the U.S. (from the rest of the world).

1. Impeach George Bush for the following reasons
A. Starting a war based on lies
B. Overthrowing a country (Iraq) without reason
C. Spying on U.S. Citizens without warrants
D. Imprisoning people without the writ of Habeas Corpus
E. Breaking the Geneva Conventions

2. Impeach Cheney for pretty much the same reasons but add
A. Revealing the identity of a CIA agent during a time of war
B. Giving contracts to Haliburton (his former employer) who did nothing but defraud the government
C. Something else I am sure I'm missing

3. Try Rumsfeld for War Crimes.

Water boarding was considered torture in WWII and we sent people to prison for that calling it a War Crime.

There can be no doubt, George W. Bush will go down in history as this country's worst president.  No one else, not even Nixon, comes close.

Barry

Larrchild

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 07:10:17 PM »

This country and it's democracy has an "Autodiagnostics" routine to ferret out the bad aspects. It's just that a single party in all 3 branches of govt had put a piece of tape over it's readout and chose to ignore the messages.

But due to the elegance and eloquence of the designers, it reboots every 2 years to clear such bugs.

Just let government work. It will.

"Voting is what you do every two years—and then, mostly, repine, wondering whether democracy really does anything for you beyond giving that little throb of tactile pleasure in recording your enthusiasm for one candidate or—and this pleasure is very keen—your loathing for another candidate. That last is a vital contribution to democratic hygiene, effected by candidates who arouse every hate gland in your withered frame, thereby offering a pure draught of remedial youthful joy, and you leave the voting booth humming “John Brown's Body.”
~William F. Buckley
Larry Janus

Barry Hufker

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 08:17:54 PM »

But the government doesn't reboot every two years.  What about the two terms of Ronald Reagan?  What about the two terms of Richard Nixon?  What about the nearly 20 years of the Vietnam War through a laundry list of Democratic and Republican presidents?

If the government is repaired, it doesn't happen by itself.  And what is harmed or lost until things are made better?  Tell the dead/maimed soliders in the Iraq war when it's time for them to reboot.

Barry

Larrchild

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 08:37:35 PM »

The pendulum always swings back the other way and people eventually catch on, and demand results.

And, in a modern age, the words of talk shows hosts who have rallied their base for personal gain, become hollow. Just takes time, Barry.
Larry Janus

wwittman

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 09:41:01 PM »

yes, if ONLY Bush had been under oath a few times ...

then the long list of lies would also be "perjury"

meanwhile.. I still don't think lying about cheating on your wife qualifies as a high crime or misdemeanor against the United States

there are PLENTY of opportunities to suggest impeachment of Bush... but the Democratic party probably WON'T push for it.

another difference between them and the ones who use the consitution as a political weapon.

William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 19 queries.