R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grammys  (Read 1622 times)

Barry Hufker

Grammys
« on: October 21, 2006, 11:44:40 AM »

I have cleared this with the moderator:

Grammy Members:

As you know, the final voting process for this year's awards has begun.  I am asking you to consider the disc I entered for this year, "I'm All Smiles".  It is in the category of Best Jazz Vocal.  You can hear high-quality examples from the CD by visiting this link:

http://www.hufkerrecording.com/soundsample.html#debbysoundsa mples

THE NUMBER IS 041 IN CATEGORY 46.

I think this CD is a fine example of what is often talked about in this forum: it is lightly processed, pretty well mixed with great tunes and great performances. This is our attempt at making a recording in the classic recording/mastering style of the 50s and 60s. Everyone performed together at once in the studio.  Only two overdubs were done.  Both were guitar solos.  Absolutely *no* autotuning.  It is my hope people will always find this CD enjoyable because of the music and the technical approach we've taken.

As you know, it is very hard for smaller projects to receive any real exposure, especially to Grammy members.  The jazz market is so small and the number of stations so few.

It is my hope, "I'm All Smiles" will meet your standards for Best Jazz Vocal and will receive your vote.

PLEASE DO NOT POST COMMENTS ABOUT THE MERIT OF THE AWARDS OR THE ORGANIZATION.  This was heavily discussed last year.  In fact, no comment at all is required, just your consideration.

With great thanks,

Barry

bblackwood

Re: Attn: Grammy Members -- voting
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 12:19:19 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Sat, 21 October 2006 10:44

PLEASE DO NOT POST COMMENTS ABOUT THE MERIT OF THE AWARDS OR THE ORGANIZATION.  This was heavily discussed last year.  In fact, no comment at all is required, just your consideration.

Indeed. If you wish to discuss the awards, do so in another thread. If you wish to congratulate Barry for his efforts, feel free to do so here...
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Taproot

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 10:29:49 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Sat, 21 October 2006 09:44

It is my hope, "I'm All Smiles" will meet your standards for Best Jazz Vocal and will receive your vote.  I *believe* the category is #46.

With great thanks,

Barry

Barry,

Have we signed our non-disclosure agreement/contract/bullshit as a voting member of NARAS?

"You must sign your commitment to your team!"
Jeffrey Reed
Taproot Audio Design
Oxford, Mississippi
www.taprootaudiodesign.com
www.myspace.com/taprootaudio

"That boy's so dumb, he thinks the Mexican border pays rent!" -Foghorn Leghorn

Barry Hufker

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 01:26:03 AM »

Jeffrey,

It's 12:30 am here and I've just finished a long day of recording.  I am a bit dense at this point (more so than usual) and I don't get  your meaning.  Sorry!

I am a NARAS member if that's what your comment pertains to.  You might be able to tell me if I've given the right amount of blood and if I properly understand the secret handshake.

Best,

Barry

Taproot

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 11:51:28 AM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Sun, 22 October 2006 23:26

I don't get  your meaning.  Sorry!

Best,

Barry

My bad Barry. I was a little dillusional when posting. Long day of tracking in Memphis, then the drive home. Uuuugh. I think the non-diclosure agreement I was referring to and asked to sign, applies only craft committee members pulled from the P&E Wing. i.e.- Pre-final round voting. I really hate being asked to sign anything that tells me I can't speak freely, unless it's a legal matter. Anyone else get this thing?
Jeffrey Reed
Taproot Audio Design
Oxford, Mississippi
www.taprootaudiodesign.com
www.myspace.com/taprootaudio

"That boy's so dumb, he thinks the Mexican border pays rent!" -Foghorn Leghorn

Barry Hufker

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 07:44:56 PM »

OHHHHH!

Thanks for the explanation Jeffrey.  I had no idea such a thing exists.

Nope.  No non-disclosure here -- unless you want one!

Best,

Barry

Barry Hufker

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 02:42:07 PM »

bump -- there are only a few days left for voting.  Then I'll quit this.

Barry

Barry Hufker

Today's Grammy Nominations
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 12:25:39 PM »

The Grammy Nominations are out.  While I didn't show up on the list for Jazz Vocal, I very much want to thank all who took time to visit my site and listen to the samples.

Whether I received your vote or not, I am grateful for your consideration.

With sincere thanks.

Barry

David Glasser

Re: Today's Grammy Nominations
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 02:13:06 PM »

I'd like to send props to my biz partner and mastering colleague Charlie Pilzer - he's been nominated in the Traditional World Music category - as an artist!, along with bandmates Andrea Hoag and Loretta Kelly. Their stereo/surround hybrid SACD is called Hambo In The Snow (Azaelea City Records), a delightful collection of seasonal Scandanavian songs.

They played a small house concert at our home in September and I was nervous that the invited audience would be a little bewildered by the music, but everyone was enthralled and the group and the music made a room full of new fans.

Produced by the band, recorded & edited by Jim Robeson at Bias Studios, mixed & mastered in stereo & surround by Charlie & me at Airshow, Boulder, CO

Also pleased to report some other Grammy nominations, mastered by DG at Airshow:

Country Instrumental performance
Gameshow Rag/Cannonball Rag
Tommy Emmanuel
Track from: The Mystery
[Favored Nations Acoustic]

New Age Album
Elements Series: Fire
Peter Kater
[Real Music]

Comedy Album
You Can't Fix Stupid
Ron White
[Image Entertainment]

For your consideration...
David Glasser
Airshow Mastering
Boulder, CO

dave@airshowmastering.com
www.airshowmastering.com

Barry Hufker

Re: Today's Grammy Nominations
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 10:57:33 AM »

Caught up in my own self-interest.  I failed to congratulate all those who did manage a nomination.

So, sincere congratulations to all who have achieved a nomination.  I look forward to hearing of your winning a Grammy!

Best to all,

Barry  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.