R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital gain control  (Read 14774 times)

Schallfeldnebel

Re: Digital gain control
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2007, 03:44:22 PM »

I use the Weiss Ibis digital desk (discontinued) and it has a maximum of 63dB of digital gain. The highest amount I have ever seen on any digital unit with digital scaling function.

Weiss made also for a while a levelcontrol module in the bw102 series. Unfortunately discontinued. There the max gain was 10dB. I would not be surprised if the new Weiss Powerhouse DSP engine can be equipped with any kind of leveling option. Go to the Weiss website http://www.weiss.ch and also http://www.weiss.ch/documents/powerhouse_brochure.pdf

Der Schallfeldwebel
Bill Mueller:"Only very recently, has the availability of cheap consumer based gear popularized the concept of a rank amateur as an audio engineer. Unfortunately, this has also degraded the reputation of the audio engineer to the lowest level in its history. A sad thing indeed for those of us professionals."

bblackwood

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2007, 10:53:25 AM »

Schallfeldwebel wrote on Sun, 11 March 2007 14:44

I would not be surprised if the new Weiss Powerhouse DSP engine can be equipped with any kind of leveling option.

Wow, hadn't thought of that - that may be the answer. Thanks!
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Schallfeldnebel

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2007, 02:14:21 PM »

Even surround. The idea behind the Powerhouse is to make it a multichannel unit, but also to be able to have several Gambit engines in serie to do special tasks, all in one box.

As I have mentioned earlier on another forum here, the Weiss Ibis mixingdesk I use, is so far the best digital desk I heard, and I hope Daniel will also come with a mixing feature in his Powerhouse, having the same extra-ordinary sound quality.

Minor thing, many of us are used to the Weiss hardware remotes, the Powerhouse probably will only be computer controlable, or via Midi-interfaces.

Der Schallfeldwebel
Bill Mueller:"Only very recently, has the availability of cheap consumer based gear popularized the concept of a rank amateur as an audio engineer. Unfortunately, this has also degraded the reputation of the audio engineer to the lowest level in its history. A sad thing indeed for those of us professionals."

Schallfeldnebel

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2007, 08:16:52 AM »

Maybe this is interesting:

http://gearslutz.com/board/videos-podcasts-interviews-newsfl    ashes-subcribe-so-you-dont-miss-out/94403-daniel-weiss-inter view-07-11-2006-a.html

Unfortunately the link to the interview with Daniel Weiss from Weiss Engineering was broken for a while, and now it seems to be back again.

Der Schallfeldwebel

d_fuchs

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2007, 07:32:01 AM »

crm0922 wrote on Fri, 08 December 2006 10:44

http://www.gpsys.com/products/DFADE2.htm
Probably costs a lot for what it is also...I don't know.

Wow, just what I am looking for - unfortunately, it is really expensive, 800 Euros for the unit plus 200 for the remote control...

Anyone know of an alternative?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 19 queries.