R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: it's been too long....(another beer thread)  (Read 8269 times)

j.hall

Re: it's been too long....(another beer thread)
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2006, 04:44:54 PM »

yeah, that's interesting......who ever got beer to its current incarnation (carbination, cask conditioning....blah blah blah) has all my praise.

i'm a huge fan of many belgium beers i've tasted.  i'm also a HUGE fan of many englilsh beers.

Tomas Danko

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2006, 01:44:42 PM »

j.hall wrote on Sat, 28 October 2006 21:44

yeah, that's interesting......who ever got beer to its current incarnation (carbination, cask conditioning....blah blah blah) has all my praise.

i'm a huge fan of many belgium beers i've tasted.  i'm also a HUGE fan of many englilsh beers.

Besides being able to quantify the process and get very even and predictable results from the ingredients through the use of modern knowledge, the really great beer made today often resemble the old stuff more than the modern.

I figure the current incarnation could be credited to the english a whole great deal, along with the czech and belgians.

However, since things didn't really move (quality wise) until after the 80s when it comes to premium beer we probably have to bow our heads and lift our glasses to toast for the belgians and americans!

Then again, "whatever works" probably goes for beer sometimes as well. I rarely consume beer while mixing. I prefer rich and tasty when listening though. But the funniest thing is that whenever I sing in german I have to drink at least five american Budweiser's first, preferably seven. I have no idea why this is so, but it doesn't work as well otherwise!

And I find it a tad bit difficult to enjoy most lager's to begin with...
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

electric jones

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2006, 02:16:20 AM »

Great Lakes Brewery has a porter called Edmund Fitzgerald that's excellent IMHO. http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com

j.hall

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2006, 01:17:48 PM »

Tomas Danko wrote on Mon, 30 October 2006 12:44

And I find it a tad bit difficult to enjoy most lager's to begin with...

AGREED!

i'm on a huge stout kick right now.  and even more specific, imperial stouts.

samuel smith imperial and their oatmeal stout and VERY hard to beat.

old rasputin imperial is incredible as well.

scottoliphant

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2006, 04:53:44 PM »

anyone try the stone mill organic beers? don't know much about them, they just seemed to have arrived in austin. the pale ale is awesome, if you like that sort of thing

Roger Langvik

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2006, 04:49:14 AM »

I am heavily into the christmas brews that have just been released in Denmark and Sweden. Darker beer with with holliday seasonings in it, fresher in some ways to nukie and other similar brews. And only once a year!

Tomas Danko

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2006, 06:06:50 AM »

Roger Langvik wrote on Wed, 22 November 2006 09:49

I am heavily into the christmas brews that have just been released in Denmark and Sweden. Darker beer with with holliday seasonings in it, fresher in some ways to nukie and other similar brews. And only once a year!

The darker and colder it gets outside (and here in Sweden it can get very dark and cold these days!) the darker and stronger the beer. Smile

I looted the liquor store this and last year, so I've got a large stock of christmas beers to keep me content over the holidays. Since I stock up on a yearly basis I've got some vintage ones to enjoy as well. I can highly recommend buying at least a year in advance.

Cheers!

Tomas Danko
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

Ray Tantzen

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2006, 03:29:03 PM »

Quote:

samuel smith imperial and their oatmeal stout and VERY hard to beat.

The Oatmeal Stout is AWESOME!!  I tend to drink a lot of Deschutes brews because I know one of the brewers there.  You can never go wrong with a Mirror Pond.  Their seasonal brews are great also!  The Jubelale this winter is pretty good.  And I have a bottle of their year 2000 special edition Jubelale that has been fermenting (recommended by the brewer). That one will be opened this New Years.

But the best beer I have had so far this year was the Pumpkin Ale from Dad Watson's.  It was their Oktoberfest beer.

There are a lot of great beers here in the Northwest.  Too many to list.  I usually try something different at least once a week.

mmmmm Beer Smile

Roger Langvik

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2006, 12:48:33 PM »

Tomas Danko wrote on Wed, 22 November 2006 12:06

I can highly recommend buying at least a year in advance.

That's an exelent suggestion!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.