Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: muse  (Read 5008 times)

scottoliphant

Re: muse
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 05:10:55 AM »

not to dredge up an old thread, but just ran across this video, pretty crazy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5fGLNCmIKc
reminds me of seing the smashing pumpkins for the first time before they were playing gigantic places

random sunrize

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 11:49:50 PM »

Saw them bout a month ago, was pretty bad ass. They opened with knights of cyndonia! Luv that space cowboy track.
Though they got overshadowed by Tool who followed after them.

j.hall

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 05:23:53 PM »

i would have to say that no matter how hard tool tried to wow me with their visual FX and over playing, muse would crush them every time even if they all had broken arms.......

i enjoyed tool until they made the same record over and over.  talk about kicking a dead horse.

Phillip Graham

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 07:59:56 PM »

j.hall wrote on Sun, 17 September 2006 15:02

saw muse on firday night.  unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

easily the best large format "show" i've ever seen.  they had a keyboard player with them that only played on certain songs.......it's amazing how much sound three guys can produce and his vocals were spot on.

AMAZING show, i highly recommend seeing them if they come close to you.

As I have said several times on this forum (back when I still posted) Muse is the absolute best live act I have ever seen-and I used to work as live sound systems tech!

They play near perfect, they sing near perfect, they produce an incredible amount of sound for three guys.  They write lean songs without tons of noodling around.  They also have very good live sound, and very good lighting.

I have seen them three times now.  Twice on the Absolution tour era, and once for their early US shows for the new record.  The last time was literally the last show in the US.  Vocals were still spot on all night, and thats for songs that require substantial vocal ability.

--end fanboy section--

Jason, since you were wondering about lights. let me explain how it works.  The shows are pre-cued, but the cue timing and order is sometimes left to the LD.  Your show is designed by the "stick" ie lighting truss bar.  You use the sticks that you can for each venue, so that is your scalability.

The moving light systems use CAD software that lets you rescale all of your aiming points quickly.  There baseline alignment azimuths that you set up on per show basis, and that re-vectors your show based on trim heights, etc.

For the guy who noticed the moving head projectors, those (most likely) were from High End Systems: http://www.highend.com/products/digital_lighting/
The are basically a Christie projector, a camera, and a computer integrated into a moving yoke box.  You string them together with mixture of BNC, Ethernet and DMX512.  They have system called Catalyst that acts as the media server/switcher for them.  They introduced this system a couple years back at Infocomm in Atlanta.  Their factory demo on the floor was truly jaw dropping.  A very cool product.
Phillip Graham

j.hall

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 12:51:19 PM »

cool info phil.  thanks!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.