R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: U87 Clone?  (Read 23539 times)

Fig

Re: U87 Clone?
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2008, 10:55:30 AM »

Bill Urick wrote on Wed, 14 May 2008 22:49

Fig wrote on Mon, 12 May 2008 14:08

When I worked at Shure in product development, we used to drop KSM32s to the ground and drag them around by the cord.  Then we would ask the studio owner to let us try it with their 87s - none would let us.

While I can understand the desire to drop a KSM32 on the floor and drag it around I can equally understand someones unwillingness to allow that to be done with their U87

OooooooF!

I guess I walked right into that one!

My point was about the rugged and reliable nature of Shure's design philosophy versus the delicateness of other "studio" mics.

Fig
The easiest thing to do is the thing most easily forgotten.

BG

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2008, 08:38:19 PM »

I've always liked the shure mics, very solid and good quality sound. The only thing I drug around on the floor is the band leader one night when he started the last set with "Old Time Rock and Roll" for the 100th time!

BG
BG

Bill_Urick

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2008, 09:16:59 PM »

Fig wrote on Thu, 15 May 2008 10:55

Bill Urick wrote on Wed, 14 May 2008 22:49

Fig wrote on Mon, 12 May 2008 14:08

When I worked at Shure in product development, we used to drop KSM32s to the ground and drag them around by the cord.  Then we would ask the studio owner to let us try it with their 87s - none would let us.

While I can understand the desire to drop a KSM32 on the floor and drag it around I can equally understand someones unwillingness to allow that to be done with their U87

OooooooF!

I guess I walked right into that one!

My point was about the rugged and reliable nature of Shure's design philosophy versus the delicateness of other "studio" mics.

Fig

Sorry, what can I say...it was an easy shot and I took it.
(IS)
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

Bill_Urick

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 09:24:26 PM »

BG wrote on Thu, 15 May 2008 20:38

I've always liked the shure mics, very solid and good quality sound. The only thing I drug around on the floor is the band leader one night when he started the last set with "Old Time Rock and Roll" for the 100th time!

BG

One of the great dilemmas in my life is whether I would rather have a dollar for every time I've played that song or would pay a grand never to have even heard it.

I lay awake all night sometimes.

It's very sad.
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.