R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: U87 Clone?  (Read 18375 times)

Chrisso

U87 Clone?
« on: November 24, 2006, 06:29:07 pm »

Is there a slightly more affordable microphone that sounds similar and has similar applications to a Neumann U87?
Looking for U87 type stereo set up for drum applications, without wanting to compromise on the sound quality too much.

compasspnt

Re: U87 Clone?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 07:07:39 pm »

Old or new 87 sound?

Chrisso

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 07:52:37 pm »

Old.

When drumming in the 80's, engineers most often set U87's for far ambience, as well as overheads. I'm aware some engineers use them for toms too.
Recently, I've had U67's put around my kit. Amazing sound, but I surely can't afford a pair of them.
I have KM84's and Coles 4037 as options for overheads, plus the Coles for room ambience I guess. But I wouldn't mind trying the U87 for room sound, perhaps occasionally closer in on the kit. The older ones are just a tad too expensive for me ($1500 - $2000 each?).
Therefore, looking for 'old' U87 soundalike options.

Chrisso

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 07:26:49 pm »

Does anyone have thoughts on the Mojave M200?
http://www.mojaveaudio.com/products.html

jetbase

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 07:58:34 pm »

I've always considered Oktavas to be "poor man's Neumanns". The ones I've used don't sound hyped like other cheap mics, so you can get quite a decent sound, especially with a good eq (without eq they sound a bit "boring" to me). You could try MK219's. No guarantees though! I have one that I occasionally use when I need just one more LDC, & it always seems to stand up to an old U87 ok. If you are in Sydney (as your profile states) I'd be happy to let you try one out.

I've been curious about LDC's on toms since people on PSW have talked about using them (although I'm happy so far with 421's). I can't afford any more U87's either, but I've been wondering about those large diaphragm capsules you can get for Oktava MC012's, of which I have a couple. Perhaps that is another option for you too.
sleep is not an option

jwhynot: "There's a difference between thinking or acting dogmatically and drawing from experience."

Glenn Santry
http://www.myspace.com/glennsantry

thephatboi

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 07:23:46 pm »

...and even if you could afford a 67 or 87 on every tom would you really want to? I have a friend who works at a studio that had 3 67s on 3 toms, a retarded head banger drummer took them all out on a single take. They all got whacked, can you believe it? All up for repair or parts....Sad

I agree on the oktavas, not hyped= cool and rare in a cheap mic, gotta sometimes buy a few more than you need and match them though, sometimes they vary alot...

PookyNMR

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 04:45:32 pm »

Chrisso wrote on Thu, 30 November 2006 14:29

603 views and none but a couple of people could suggest a mic under $1800 that performed something like U87.

Just my limited experience opinion, but check out a Langevin CR-2001.  That may get you in the ball park you are looking for...
Nathan Rousu

Klaus Heyne

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 05:52:14 pm »

Chrisso wrote on Thu, 30 November 2006 13:29

Tim Campbell wrote on Thu, 30 November 2006 05:56

I'm afraid this thread is probably under threat of being moved to Harvey Gerst's forum.

Why?
Is this the microphone forum, or the microphone over $2,000 forum?
I've seen plenty of chat about SM57's and D19's by the way.

This is not the snooty mic forum for self-important people, if that is what you are alluding to. But it may indeed be the wrong forum for your needs because the people who by and large frequent this forum are professionals who may not be familiar with low-cost alternatives to professional mics.

I will gladly move this thread over to Harvey's forum, as was suggested, as I truly believe you will be better served there, and that is really what counts.

Best of luck in your search!
Klaus Heyne
German Masterworks
www.GermanMasterworks.com

Fletcher

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 06:09:29 pm »

Hi there... Mr. Forum Administrator here... you can call me "For" for short if you'd like.

I'm the guy that moved the thread because I thought it would be more at home here.

I hope you guys can have some fun with this!!  [discussion about its potential move deleted by moi]
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Fibes

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 07:47:19 pm »

Heh, thanks For.

My big question is: Why the 87?

See, I don't really dig 87s all that much but I do have a very old one that surpasses most.

I digress...

I might lean toward the Pelusos if I was on a search similar to yours.

Then again a Soundelux U195, although not a U87ish mic is a great mic for stated application.

And the discontinued U95 is one of my all time vocal faves (sometimes smoking my Neumanns etc.) although it doesn't handle high SPL in that workhorse *& way.

But if one wants to really look at a workhorse mic, sans vibe appeal, and something I have found to be similar to the U87 I would look closely at the Shure KSM44 and KSM32.

Kill me, I really consider them superior to many of the new Neumanns.

Fibes
-------------------------------------------------
"You can like it, or not like it."
The Studio

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist ?id=155759887
http://cdbaby.com/cd/superhorse
http://cdbaby.com/cd/superhorse2

Dave Martin

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 08:17:37 pm »

Here's another vote for the massively useful KSM44 - though I haven't found a vocalist who shines on it, it seems to work in every other application just fine.

Chrisso

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 10:14:11 pm »

Klaus Heyne wrote on Thu, 30 November 2006 16:52

the people who by and large frequent this forum are professionals who may not be familiar with low-cost alternatives to professional mics.

I'm not looking for a 'low cost alternative', just some alternatives to the U87, mostly for drum duties, perhaps priced just below used U87 prices.
So far many people have pointed me in either one of two directions..........
Soundelux U195 or Gefell UM71S/UM70.
Thanks.

Smile

Fibes

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 11:45:54 pm »

Dave Martin wrote on Thu, 30 November 2006 20:17

KSM44 - though I haven't found a vocalist who shines on it, it seems to work in every other application just fine.

Which is usually how I feel about an 87.

Caveat: With the U87 there are vocalists who shine.
Fibes
The Studio

hargerst

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 01:07:50 pm »

Well (said he, sticking his neck waaaay out), I like the MXL V77, the MXL V69ME, the Oktava MC012 with the LOMO head, the ADK Hamburg, and the Studio Projects T3 for a lot of the older Neumann and Tele sounds.  The T3 has a lot more "air" to the sound than the rest, so it's probably closer to the 251 than the others.

You can buy all of the mics I've listed for less than one used U87.  I'd be very surprised if one of them didn't equal the U87 on just about any application.
Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

Michael Brebes

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 07:11:38 pm »

I have two of the old U87's and the closest other mic I have for similar sound is the Audio Technica AT4050.

vegas4ever

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 10:16:56 am »

Little out of topic but..... I have a MXL 2001 Tube MOD and its the closes thing you can find to U-47. That may be a little better and cheaper for drum application (get hit alot) than the alternatives to the U87.....
"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
David Brent

Kurt Foster

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 12:24:13 pm »

I own a "newer" U87 ai  which I purchased new around '95. The sound is very smooth in the midrange with a sense of "silk" in the high end. My favorite preamp to use with my U87 currently is a Sebatron vmp ...

In the budget realm, the one mic that I have come across that sounds even close to similar to my U87 is the KEL HM-1 which goes for about $125 each.  It replicates the smoothness of the mid range but it does not exhibit the silk of the Nuemann.

I believe that KEL has a liberal return policy which allows you the chance to drive it before you decide to keep it. these mics have been more than useful in my mic locker. I use them all the time for guitar amps and snare drums. As always, ymmv.  I hope that helps

Good Luck with your endeavors,

Kurt

P.S.
I know I promised to let Harvey to check these mics out several months ago but to be honest, I just can't seem to find a time slot where I don't need them. I will keep this on my "to do" list and hopefully soon I can get them to him for his assessment. meanwhile I suggest you give them a listen for yourselves!

Credits include: Brownie McGhee, cult following guitarist Kenny “Blue” Ray, Jackie Payne (of the Johnny Otis Band), Nik Turners "Space Ritual" with Nik Turner & individual members of Hawkwind, Polo Jones (of Michael Jackson, Peter Gabriel, Whitney Houston) and individual members of The Doobie Brothers, Tower of Power, Huey Lewis and The News and The Tubes.

compasspnt

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006, 11:19:13 am »

I will second Kurt's rec of the KEL HM-1.  Very nice little mics.

I like the fact that they are not extra-fied on the high end.

High end is highly overrated.

Unless it's silky.

Also a GREAT mic to try out would be the K2.

Very versatile.

hargerst

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006, 12:49:59 pm »

compasspnt wrote on Fri, 15 December 2006 10:19

Unless it's silky.

Very versatile.

As far as a silky top end goes (in inexpensive mics), I really like the Studio Projects T3.

Kurt Foster

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2006, 04:19:49 pm »

hargerst wrote on Fri, 15 December 2006 09:49

compasspnt wrote on Fri, 15 December 2006 10:19

Unless it's silky.

Very versatile.

As far as a silky top end goes (in inexpensive mics), I really like the Studio Projects T3.

Harvey,
Is the T3 anything like a C12 in tems of its sound?

hargerst

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2006, 07:42:04 pm »

Kurt Foster wrote

Harvey,
Is the T3 anything like a C12 in terms of its sound?

I don't have a C12, so I can't do a direct comparison.

henchman

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 12:12:38 am »

For me, Shure 98's still sounf the best on Tom's.

Trumpetman2

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2006, 08:02:17 am »

(someone's quote)

"This is not the snooty mic forum for self-important people, if that is what you are alluding to."

Too funny....bud sadly true!  Too much of this going around.... Mad

hargerst

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 09:43:42 am »

Actually, that quote is from Klaus Heyne when this thread was in his forum.  Here's the whole quote:

"This is not the snooty mic forum for self-important people, if that is what you are alluding to. But it may indeed be the wrong forum for your needs because the people who by and large frequent this forum are professionals who may not be familiar with low-cost alternatives to professional mics.

I will gladly move this thread over to Harvey's forum, as was suggested, as I truly believe you will be better served there, and that is really what counts."

Now, moving this thread here is fine, because I do look for low priced alternatives to high dollar equipment.  But to suggest that my forum is not for professionals, or that suggestions here won't give you professional results is ludicrous.

Put Al Schmitt, George Massenburg, Ed Cherney, or Terry Manning in an all-Behringer studio, and tell me that what comes out of there won't be "professional", or good enough for major label distribution*.  I'll reply with one word: Bullshit.

Mics aren't "professional", it's the people that use the mics; they are the "professionals".

*That doesn't mean they will ever speak to you again, if you do.

Trumpetman2

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2006, 10:39:15 am »

hargerst wrote on Tue, 19 December 2006 09:43

Actually, that quote is from Klaus Heyne when this thread was in his forum.  Here's the whole quote:

"This is not the snooty mic forum for self-important people, if that is what you are alluding to. But it may indeed be the wrong forum for your needs because the people who by and large frequent this forum are professionals who may not be familiar with low-cost alternatives to professional mics.

I will gladly move this thread over to Harvey's forum, as was suggested, as I truly believe you will be better served there, and that is really what counts."

Now, moving this thread here is fine, because I do look for low priced alternatives to high dollar equipment.  But to suggest that my forum is not for professionals, or that suggestions here won't give you professional results is ludicrous.

Put Al Schmitt, George Massenburg, Ed Cherney, or Terry Manning in an all-Behringer studio, and tell me that what comes out of there won't be "professional", or good enough for major label distribution*.  I'll reply with one word: Bullshit.

Mics aren't "professional", it's the people that use the mics; they are the "professionals".

*That doesn't mean they will ever speak to you again, if you do.

Harvey:  I agree w/you 100% - so it appears that maybe that "other" forum might just be the "snooty mic forum for self-important people..."  hmmm.

Fibes

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2006, 11:18:31 am »

Heh.

Klaus is so misunderstood.

Heh.

FWIW I don't know dick about most cheap microphones, of which Harvey has a huge knowledge of. Harvey is, in my opinion a true professional, because he uses (any) tool, without prejudice to make great recordings which he is then reimbursed for his fine work. He gives this knowledge freely, without pretense and although pegged with a "budget" gig, his room and work are in no way cheap. That's why this is still referred to as Harvey's forum even though Dave and I get to hang here.

Harvey is the man.

Rant over.

Fibes
The Studio

bigbone

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2006, 03:03:44 pm »

It's only MY opinion,
But i don't like the words ''cheap', to describe something that's good
i do prefer the term inexpensive.........cheap had nothing to do with price,
it got to do with quality
The KEL HM-1 is a great mic, it's inexpensive yes , but cheap ....non. ......

sonny

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2006, 03:37:29 pm »

Rode NT2000. Not identical but does a similare job and has similar applications.  Bit more top in them but a 5k shelf @ -2db sorts it usually.
Sonny

Pinna Productions
sonny@pinnaproductions.com
www.pinnaproductions.com
34-38 Provost Street
London
N1 7NG

vegas4ever

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2006, 03:38:53 pm »

bigbone wrote on Tue, 19 December 2006 14:03

It's only MY opinion,
But i don't like the words ''cheap', to describe something that's good
i do prefer the term inexpensive.........cheap had nothing to do with price,
it got to do with quality
The KEL HM-1 is a great mic, it's inexpensive yes , but cheap ....non. ......

I Second that!!!

we talk about "Inexpensive mics" in here:

http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/190587/15918/#m sg_190587  
"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
David Brent

Fibes

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2006, 03:53:15 pm »

My semantic bad.

The sentiment I was trying to get across is: Hell yeah Harvey!

I still believe the least expensive recording tool is technique (what Harvey said).

In fact it's free.

Excluding the cost of hard knocks...

Fibes
The Studio

Dave Martin

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2006, 04:07:58 pm »

Fibes wrote on Tue, 19 December 2006 10:18

Heh.
That's why this is still referred to as Harvey's forum even though Dave and I get to hang here.

Harvey is the man.

Well, we'll get to hang here until someone in a position of authority wises up and realizes that it IS Harvey's forum and takes our names off ...

Fibes

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2006, 04:10:33 pm »

Dave Martin wrote on Tue, 19 December 2006 16:07

Heh.
That's why this is still referred to as Harvey's forum even though Dave and I get to hang here.

Harvey is the man.

Well, we'll get to hang here until someone in a position of authority wises up and realizes that it IS Harvey's forum and takes our names off ...

Heh.

Fibes
The Studio

compasspnt

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2006, 04:58:34 pm »

sonny wrote on Tue, 19 December 2006 15:37

Rode NT2000. Not identical but does a similar job and has similar applications.  Bit more top in them but a 5k shelf @ -2db sorts it usually.

I'll also second the NT-2000,  A much bigger mic than one would expect (in physical size), and in some ways not terribly beautiful to look  at with those pots right in front.  But it is a nice everyday microphone.  Easy to sing on.  Every singer on whom I've used it liked it.

hargerst

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2006, 05:11:21 pm »

Dave Martin wrote on Tue, 19 December 2006 15:07

Heh.

Harvey is the man.

Nah, it ain't Dave's or Fibes' or my forum; it belongs to all the people here who come to our rescue when we don't have a clue as to an answer.

We're just the janitors here.

Fibes

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2006, 08:14:11 pm »

We are the Maytag repairmen of janitors 'cause (fortunately) the folks here that use these facilities have good aim and don't tend to spill stuff.
Fibes
The Studio

Jeff4h

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2006, 10:51:53 am »

wasnt the studio projects C1 supposed to be shooting for a U87 sound  

Kurt Foster

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2007, 02:07:53 pm »

Jeff4h wrote on Tue, 26 December 2006 07:51

wasnt the studio projects C1 supposed to be shooting for a U87 sound  

I don't think so .... if that's what they were shooting for they missed the target by a mile. IMO the entire SP line has more of an AKG type thing  ... bright high end and a hyped mid range sort of like a 414 or a C12 but not as nice, But then what doo you expect for less than 1/3rd the cost?

The SPs are well built and they record well, but they sound nothing like a U87 or a U87ai.

Allan J T

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2008, 09:57:59 am »

Nice, comprehensive list.  Do you have an opinion whether deep-, husky-voiced male VO artists (doing the range of work from intimate narration to hard, 'rock' commercials) tend to prefer the older or newer U87 sound...and, based on that, which model?

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Allan

hargerst

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2008, 11:56:12 pm »

Allan J T wrote on Wed, 07 May 2008 08:57

Nice, comprehensive list.  Do you have an opinion whether deep-, husky-voiced male VO artists (doing the range of work from intimate narration to hard, 'rock' commercials) tend to prefer the older or newer U87 sound...and, based on that, which model?

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Allan

The new 87 sound way brighter to me than the older units.  In darker, low cost mics, check out the Marshall V67, the V69 and the 960.  In Studio Projects, check out the JM47, and check out the ADK Hamburg's.

Tomas Danko

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2008, 08:33:22 am »

hargerst wrote on Thu, 08 May 2008 04:56

Allan J T wrote on Wed, 07 May 2008 08:57

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Allan

The new 87 sound way brighter to me than the older units.  In darker, low cost mics, check out the Marshall V67, the V69 and the 960.  In Studio Projects, check out the JM47, and check out the ADK Hamburg's.

Both old as well as new 87's can vary quite a deal from unit to unit.

However, my experience is that a good new specimen gives you a more close-up "in your face" modern sound with a sharper top end and upper mid-range. This is sometimes just the ticket.

Whereas a good old specimen of this microphone often has less bite, less hyped top end, some more noise, but it just sounds a bit more romantic and cuddly. Warm is a word that perhaps should be avoided, but still... it sounds warmer. Smile
http://www.danko.se/site-design/dankologo4s.gif
"T(Z)= (n1+n2*Z^-1+n2*Z^-2)/(1+d1*z^-1+d2*z^-2)" - Mr. Dan Lavry
"Shaw baa laa raaw, sidle' yaa doot in dee splaa" . Mr Shooby Taylor

Larry Villella

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2008, 12:30:57 pm »

Thanks Harvey!  

When I did my first recordings, with the Chick Corea Circle Group
tracking them live for a week at the Jazz Workshop in Boston, I recall
we had 8 brand-new U-87's. Using analog tape, they were very useful
for Anthony Braxton's various Reeds, to Dave Hollands Cello, Chick's Piano.

That said, when I had a working studio in the 90's, the old '87s
just didn't seem to translate well to the early Digital A/D's.

"Grainy, angular, pinched, or nasal" were the descriptions.
(Especially when you plugged in a U-67 next to the U-87!)

If you A/B the A/B the ADK Hamburg Edition to various Neumann
mics, you will find it's closer to a U-67 than a recent U-87.
(Albeit a FET '67 kind of sound). Call it a tonal "blend".

As for Drum OH, or almost any Drum Elements, I am think the
new S-7 is the Drummer's Dream Mic. . . .

However, Lennie Kravitz, Kathy Mattea, and Ray Charles,
Former Nirvana Recordist Mike Lastra - all use ADK Tube
Mics (TT / TC) for Drum OH.  FET or Valves, we have the
Drum Mics that seem to resonate with drummers.  Thanks!

Larry Villella / ADK)))

www.adkmic.com

www.myspace.com/adkmic

Larry J. Villella, Founder, ADK Microphones

thedoc

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2008, 10:05:23 am »

Larry, which ADK is Suzy Bogguss using?
Doc

Fig

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2008, 02:08:41 pm »

Fibes wrote on Thu, 30 November 2006 18:47

But if one wants to really look at a workhorse mic, sans vibe appeal, and something I have found to be similar to the U87 I would look closely at the Shure KSM44 and KSM32.

Kill me, I really consider them superior to many of the new Neumanns.

Agreed.

When I worked at Shure in product development, we used to drop KSM32s to the ground and drag them around by the cord.  Then we would ask the studio owner to let us try it with their 87s - none would let us.

To my ears, a KSM32 sounds perfect.  Better even than the 44 in cardiod, IMO.  However, I use a lot of 44s, too - as omni and figure-8 are used often.

My love for U-87s died when I heard a U-67 (or even an 89).

Today's 87s are a poor substitute, unfortunately.

$0.02,

Fig

The easiest thing to do is the thing most easily forgotten.

Larry Villella

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2008, 03:28:32 pm »

Thanks for asking !

Suzy Boggus has a TT for her vocals and a pair of A6 for guitars.

An unpaid and unsolicited testimonial from her will appear on our main website soon: http://www.adkmic.com/testimonials/index.php

For whatever reason, the acoustic guys and gals in Nashville have been ADK Supporters for ten years.  Ed Cash,
Mick Conley, and Ronnie Brookshire are three 'first-call' engineers who, among others, use ADK mics and pre-amps.

Our distributor, Dana B Goods, will be displaying all the New for 2008 ADK Gear at Summer NAMM.

Cheers!

Larry V / ADK)))

http://www.myspace.com/adkmic

http://www.myspace.com/adkusers

http://www.adkmic.com

Larry J. Villella, Founder, ADK Microphones

Bill_Urick

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2008, 11:49:20 pm »

Fig wrote on Mon, 12 May 2008 14:08

When I worked at Shure in product development, we used to drop KSM32s to the ground and drag them around by the cord.  Then we would ask the studio owner to let us try it with their 87s - none would let us.

While I can understand the desire to drop a KSM32 on the floor and drag it around I can equally understand someones unwillingness to allow that to be done with their U87.

While I've never treated a microphone that way, I did once do something similar with a Gibson guitar, but there were extenuating circumstances and all reliable witnesses have since passed away.
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

Fig

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2008, 10:55:30 am »

Bill Urick wrote on Wed, 14 May 2008 22:49

While I can understand the desire to drop a KSM32 on the floor and drag it around I can equally understand someones unwillingness to allow that to be done with their U87

OooooooF!

I guess I walked right into that one!

My point was about the rugged and reliable nature of Shure's design philosophy versus the delicateness of other "studio" mics.

Fig
The easiest thing to do is the thing most easily forgotten.

BG

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2008, 08:38:19 pm »

I've always liked the shure mics, very solid and good quality sound. The only thing I drug around on the floor is the band leader one night when he started the last set with "Old Time Rock and Roll" for the 100th time!

BG
BG

Bill_Urick

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2008, 09:16:59 pm »

Fig wrote on Thu, 15 May 2008 10:55

Bill Urick wrote on Wed, 14 May 2008 22:49

While I can understand the desire to drop a KSM32 on the floor and drag it around I can equally understand someones unwillingness to allow that to be done with their U87

OooooooF!

I guess I walked right into that one!

My point was about the rugged and reliable nature of Shure's design philosophy versus the delicateness of other "studio" mics.

Fig

Sorry, what can I say...it was an easy shot and I took it.
(IS)
Good sense is, of all things among men, the most equally distributed; for everyone thinks himself so abundantly provided with it, that those even who are the most difficult to satisfy in everything else, do not usually desire a larger measure of this quality than they already possess.

Bill_Urick

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 09:24:26 pm »

BG wrote on Thu, 15 May 2008 20:38

I've always liked the shure mics, very solid and good quality sound. The only thing I drug around on the floor is the band leader one night when he started the last set with "Old Time Rock and Roll" for the 100th time!

BG

One of the great dilemmas in my life is whether I would rather have a dollar for every time I've played that song or would pay a grand never to have even heard it.

I lay awake all night sometimes.

It's very sad.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up