R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone using Soundblade?  (Read 22129 times)

Jerry Tubb

Re: Anyone using Soundblade?
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2007, 01:26:58 PM »

bigaudioblowhard wrote on Sat, 21 April 2007 13:52

I'm glad you guys feel the same way about the sound of the dither. I had noticed it awhile back. Recently did a project that seemed to come out a little bright...

Hey Bab,

That was my analysis of the dither in PMCD as well, as stated in my long rambling thread on PMCD.

At first I thought "Wow, this really sounds better", after further investigation decided it was the brightness of Sonics' dither and some minor DAC discrepancies.

I still hear a quality that I like in the Sonic Studio Engine, which I suppose they've been fine tuning for about 20 years now.

Still rooting for SoundBlade, waiting on the stability to firm up.

JT

Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 20 years of Mastering!

bigaudioblowhard

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2007, 04:57:11 PM »

Jerry Tubb wrote on Sun, 22 April 2007 11:26

bigaudioblowhard wrote on Sat, 21 April 2007 13:52

I'm glad you guys feel the same way about the sound of the dither. I had noticed it awhile back. Recently did a project that seemed to come out a little bright...

Hey Bab,

That was my analysis of the dither in PMCD as well, as stated in my long rambling thread on PMCD.

At first I thought "Wow, this really sounds better", after further investigation decided it was the brightness of Sonics' dither and some minor DAC discrepancies.

I still hear a quality that I like in the Sonic Studio Engine, which I suppose they've been fine tuning for about 20 years now.

Still rooting for SoundBlade, waiting on the stability to firm up.

JT

I'm pretty much in agreement with you on all points JT.

I recall Sonic Classic actually has a brightish sounding dither too, (2nd order) and I've not done tests but I think they may have been trying to match that, as I understand its the most popular one used on Classic.

bab

feedback

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2007, 05:50:42 AM »

i had a good experience with sonic dither in pmcd.  had a track that had been dithered with pow-r #2 . . . opened it in sonic.  it sounded like there were two layers of disconnected sound . . . very revealing.  went back to the original 24-bit file, opened it in sonic, used sonic dither, cut the master . . . now it sounds like a record.  i think eventually there will be dither options in soundblade, i don't know about pmcd.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.