R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You may not be free to leave the U.S.  (Read 2137 times)

Barry Hufker

You may not be free to leave the U.S.
« on: November 15, 2006, 08:59:44 PM »

New proposed rules may well prevent you from leaving the U.S.(S.R.)by air, land or water.  The original list contained 1000 people.  Now more than 80,000 are on the list.  Political activists are...

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getpage.cgi?position =all&page=40035&dbname=2006_register

Barry

maxdimario

Re: You may not be free to leave the U.S.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 04:04:40 PM »

americans have become too peaceful and free for the government's tastes..

When the government isn't working FOR the people they begin to work for themselves, and become a legalized mafia.. armed with bombs, killers, torture, extortion etc..

what can people do to make sure that the government doesn't become a dictatorship?

Mark Pixley

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 10:24:36 AM »

I'm sorry Barry but I read the *.pdf you posted and what I read indicates that the only proposed change is that instead of 60 minutes prior to the departure, the time was moved to 15 minutes prior to departure the passenger manifest must be communicated to the USofA.

If there are other pages they are not up where YOU posted them.

I also noticed that the proposals will be open to public participation prior to the decision being made.

I for one think moving the manifest time from 60 minutes to 15 minutes is a bad idea.

45 extra minutes could mean the difference between a plane landing safely or one that is used as a weapon.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 10:39:33 AM »

Mark,

The rules haven't been relaxed to 15 minutes.  They can either transmit the entire manifest 60 minutes before, or do it on a person by person basis with the last report being no later than 15 minutes before departure.  "Departure" now means when the plane pushes away from the gate, which is usually 20 minutes before the plane leaves the ground.

The important thing is not the timing of the manifest delivery.  It is the manifest itself.  The list of people to be detained has grown from 1000 to 80,000.  American political activists speaking out against the Bush Administration are being detained.

It is the manifest itself and how it is being used.  Trust me.  Everyone the government doesn't like is now a terrorist if only because they say so.  Today you're fine with this because you want to be safe.  Tomorrow you write a letter protesting something the government has done.  Wouldn't you find yourself amazed that you couldn't go on vacation because you're a person on that list?

And you say it is open to public comment.  First, where else besides my posting did you read this was even going to happen?  So much for publicizing so citizens can comment.  And just because the public comments doesn't mean they have to follow their recommendation.

You may think me paranoid.  That's fine.  But if you've been watching the Bush government closely, you'd know there is plenty of reason to be afraid.

Barry

Mark Pixley

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 11:13:44 AM »

Barry I am not arguing with you, I just don't see the accusations you are making being proved by the document you posted.

Die BREMSSPUR

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 04:31:18 PM »

Mark Pixley wrote on Fri, 17 November 2006 17:13

Barry I am not arguing with you, I just don't see the accusations you are making being proved by the document you posted.

Technically, by your statement you are indeed putting forth an argument.  Your opinion as well differs from Bear's.

YOU are becoming a problem.

If you refuse to agree you will be put on a list of discerning free thinkers.

You will be subject to monitoring and possibly even increase your chances of alien abduction or even worse becoming involved in conversation.

I myself would recommend against this and would advise you to keep to yourself.

lemme nough

tik
I used to be self-effacing but I couldn't even do that right
http://www.pmtstudios.com

Barry Hufker

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 05:22:40 PM »

Mark,

Despite Tik's free-thinking comments, I am not arguing with you either.  I was just explaining.  As you know, inflection doesn't travel with postings so language is taken differently.

Here are some additional links with additional information.

http://www.inthesetimes.com/issue/27/02/feature3.shtml

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/themix/35729/

Note that there is "The Transportation Security Intelligence Service."  Who is securing whom?  And from what?

Best,

Barry

Tik, you may no longer think freely.  I command it!

Annie

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 09:27:41 PM »

Barry Hufker wrote on Wed, 15 November 2006 20:59

New proposed rules may well prevent you from leaving the U.S.(S.R.)by air, land or water.  
Barry

Leave the U.S.?

Jeez, I was happy just to get out of Texas.

Die BREMSSPUR

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 02:09:46 AM »

Welcome back!

How is it out there in L.A.?

Did you save the music industry yet?

lemme nough
I used to be self-effacing but I couldn't even do that right
http://www.pmtstudios.com

Annie

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 01:54:57 PM »

thanks Tik.

The trip was amazing.  

LA...  I'm going to have to reserve my opinion for a bit.

I will start saving the music industry...um,tomorrow maybe?

HA!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 19 queries.