R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my new studio, some hlp please  (Read 2079 times)

FaNo

my new studio, some hlp please
« on: November 09, 2006, 02:15:35 PM »

Hi everyone!!

Here is the deal, I live in Barcelona. I am looking for a place to build my studio and i have found one. The rent for this place is 450 euros/month. Its in a lower ground accessible from the street. I am attaching a picture of the place as it is now, and a layout of how i would like to place the stuff.

In this studio i would like to work on preproduction, with midi productions, and also some live recording of small drumkits, acoustic guitars, vocals,... I am going to have to go for a studio without a live recording room separated from my control room so it will have to be all in the one room which is ok for me.

My doubts are. do you think, that using acoustic treatment artifacts in this place, i will be able to obtain a suitable listening position? with good stereo imaging and frequency responde? what are the main dificulties you see acording to the shape of the room? where would you place the stuff?

Also, I the studio is board-less, i will use a 002 control surface, with computer screens and the monitors around there where you see in the pictures.

Another thing it that i have some neighbours. they are on three sides (not where the windows are, but my main concern is my neighbours on the right. because i am going to have a drumkit there. Now the construction is new, and i think the walls are pretty good they should meet some acoustic isolation standards. what would you do to prevent that problem without any majour constructions?

The room as it is now without anything inside, its a bit reverby. Its's rock flooring, and normal apartment walls. I will have some carpets and acoustic treatment on the walls,....

now what kind of aproach would you take with this? any help, opinions, ideas, directions and laughs at my paint designs will be much apreciated!!!

pd: the place's size is 32m2 aprox

thanks!!!!

this is the place as it is now
index.php/fa/3686/0/
Stefano Guerreiro Viegas
Recording / Mixing Engineer / PT Operator

http://FanoRecordings.com

FaNo

Re: my new studio, some hlp please
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 02:18:06 PM »

here is the place with some early ideas on where to place the stuff.
index.php/fa/3687/0/
Stefano Guerreiro Viegas
Recording / Mixing Engineer / PT Operator

http://FanoRecordings.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 19 queries.