R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixing/ Mastering room -- can it be done?  (Read 10997 times)

Etch-A-Sketch

Re: Mixing/ Mastering room -- can it be done?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 09:59:10 PM »

One thing that caught me off guard was the "Glass window"... if you're designing a room or even one side of a room for MIXING, why would you put a glass window in it?

I could see a glass window for tracking purposes...but if the room is for mixing, the glass window is going to be irrelevant and could be done away with...
Derek Jones
Audio Engineer

"I always say I can teach anyone HOW to get a great snare sound, I just can't teach WHAT a great snare sound is.” -Dave Pensado

Gravity 8058

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 09:29:29 AM »

Etch-A-Sketch wrote on Tue, 14 November 2006 20:59

One thing that caught me off guard was the "Glass window"... if you're designing a room or even one side of a room for MIXING, why would you put a glass window in it?

I could see a glass window for tracking purposes...but if the room is for mixing, the glass window is going to be irrelevant and could be done away with...

Right, actually I would have an adjacent medium sized recording space for a limited number of recording projects -- thus the window.

franman

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 10:44:17 PM »

Gravity 8058 wrote on Wed, 15 November 2006 09:29

Etch-A-Sketch wrote on Tue, 14 November 2006 20:59

Right, actually I would have an adjacent medium sized recording space for a limited number of recording projects -- thus the window.

I've done some high end mastering only rooms where the clients insisted on large windows to enjoy views of the outside and not feel like they trapped in the cave... windows are real world consideration.... many people like them in their control rooms/studio rooms
Francis Manzella - President, FM Design Ltd.
                 - Managing Director, Griffin Audio
fmdesign.com
griffinaudiousa.com

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 17 queries.