R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: I went to Los Angeles to make a record.  (Read 47244 times)

resolectric

Re: I went to Los Angeles to make a record.
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2006, 07:51:48 AM »

I have been trying not to enter the thread though i had to say this since about a month:
are you really expecting that Mr.Steve Albini returns to the thread?

Just go back to page 1 and re-read these 4 pages.
After all the considerations about Mr. Albini's personal feelings and sentiments, what he should or shouldn't feel in the difficult moment he had to live, despite the several demonstrations of sympathy from several forum colleagues, some of the words written would be enough to drive several of us away from the Forum, not only the thread.
So, are you really surprised that Mr.Albini doesn't login since mid November?

John Ivan

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2006, 06:25:04 PM »

Barish wrote on Wed, 22 November 2006 07:06

Or at least it wouldn't hold you back from having a free meal.

Anyway, enough counterpreaching. I have sympathy for your dad for what he went through, but not for how you felt about it.

B.

This is the most disgusting thing I've ever read at PSW..

Really now.

Ivan..................
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

rankus

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2006, 09:10:31 PM »

Yup, Disgusting is good way to put it... For shame
Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

Barish

« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2006, 07:23:42 PM »

Whatever.

Call me an asshole if you like, but I'm still behind those words.

It is about understanding why we exist.

I have a certain understanding of why we exist as human beings, which explains why we have the "will" with a limited effect zone, as opposed to the rest of the existence that is known to us, which hasn't have the same "will" as us.

He doesn't.

Hence he gets angry with a concept that he can not comprehend.

Whereas it's a pretty simple matter for those who can approach to the existence with an open mind.

Those who can not distinguish the difference between non-existent and non-existence will experience the same frustration everytime they face that "unfathomable" moment of truth.

Not all religious people are those some call "unthinker".

But I don't blame him, for there are many out there like him.

It's just that I'm saying that I don't sympathise how he's feeling with the way he's thinking, which I am entitled to.

And some are calling me an asshole for saying this, which they are entitled to as well.

It's a preference between love and justice.

I choose justice over love.

Because you choose love, it sounds "disgusting" to you.

Love vs Hate.

Whereas I choose justice vs injustice.

It's a personal preference.

He is just doing injustice to his own existence and I am not sympathising him for it.

I know most of the stuff I'm saying here doesn't make any sense to you, or many other readers.

Steve is known to tap into such arguments in his Electrical forums time by time, so he's not a stranger to them.

So I have the feeling I'm not the reason why he's not coming down here anymore. But if that's not the case, then I'm sorry. I read the guy wrong.

He really had a chance to have another think about it, but he blew it.

What the heck. There goes another REP forum...

It shouldn't have been so easy. I didn't know I was so worthy to desert a discussion board for.

My guess is, he is so bloody busy up to his eyeballs in that studio, he is not even aware that we've said all this about him.

As I said earlier on... whatever.

B.
M Ozturk

Greg Norman

« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2006, 08:11:26 PM »

Barish wrote on Wed, 27 December 2006 18:23

Whatever.

Call me an asshole if you like, but I'm still behind those words.

It is about understanding why we exist.

I have a certain understanding of why we exist as human beings, which explains why we have the "will" with a limited effect zone, as opposed to the rest of the existence that is known to us, which hasn't have the same "will" as us.

He doesn't.

Hence he gets angry with a concept that he can not comprehend.

Whereas it's a pretty simple matter for those who can approach to the existence with an open mind.

Those who can not distinguish the difference between non-existent and non-existence will experience the same frustration everytime they face that "unfathomable" moment of truth.

Not all religious people are those some call "unthinker".

But I don't blame him, for there are many out there like him.

It's just that I'm saying that I don't sympathise how he's feeling with the way he's thinking, which I am entitled to.

And some are calling me an asshole for saying this, which they are entitled to as well.

It's a preference between love and justice.

I choose justice over love.

Because you choose love, it sounds "disgusting" to you.

Love vs Hate.

Whereas I choose justice vs injustice.

It's a personal preference.

He is just doing injustice to his own existence and I am not sympathising him for it.

I know most of the stuff I'm saying here doesn't make any sense to you, or many other readers.

Steve is known to tap into such arguments in his Electrical forums time by time, so he's not a stranger to them.

So I have the feeling I'm not the reason why he's not coming down here anymore. But if that's not the case, then I'm sorry. I read the guy wrong.

He really had a chance to have another think about it, but he blew it.

What the heck. There goes another REP forum...

B.

Start a new topic already.  Please, allow us to easily ignore your hallucinations, and contribute to this topic.  

Fight the urge to reply.  Use that energy to start a new, bold topic.

Another post here is totally unnecessary as I'm sure you realize.  Don't see this as a test.  Think of your own restraint as a challenge.

Barish

« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2006, 08:17:09 PM »

Sure. I'm off.

B.
M Ozturk

Sahib

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2006, 07:24:24 PM »

My apologies for being out of topic but I felt I should remind an important point.

This is about Mr Albini's grievence and he grieves the way he feels.

What Mahcem thinks of it is irrelevant.

I regret his misjudgement.

Cemal

electrical

« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2006, 06:24:54 AM »

I'm sorry I have been too tied-up to continue the thread recently, but I hope to have time in a couple of days.

I find the discussion of digressions within threads quite interesting, and those of you who have been responding in good faith to off-topic stuff shouldn't feel discouraged, despite me not necessarily joining in.

To wit, I'm not inclined to poke holes in anybody's religious beliefs at the moment, so long as they keep them to themselves. There is a worthwhile discussion to be had regarding the use(lessness) of faith, and perhaps we can get to that eventually, but I'm still trying to understand the business with the candles myself.

Seriously, what the fuck with the candles? If you go to the dentist or the barber or any other trained professional, and he has to interrupt his work to tend to the candles, or if he has a candle steward doing it for him, you'd be pretty freaked out. Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?
best,

steve albini
Electrical Audio
sa at electrical dot com
www.electrical.com

Joe Black

« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2006, 08:04:38 AM »

electrical wrote on Fri, 29 December 2006 06:24

If you go to the dentist or the barber or any other trained professional, and he has to interrupt his work to tend to the candles, or if he has a candle steward doing it for him, you'd be pretty freaked out. Where does this candle impulse come from, and in what other profession does it get expressed?

Oh I dunno. Substitute 'Regis and Kelly' for 'candles" and you can imagine what I go through if I make the mistake of making a dentist appointment in the morning.

Barish

« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2006, 09:49:23 AM »

Good point. I don't know. Candles make soot. They eventually mess up the moving parts of the whole gear.

We don't keep them around except for the power cuts -that we don't get very often around here anyways.

No, we don't put them on for our dead either.

I mean, our gear is far from being dead. Okay, some of them are from 70s and 80s and stuff but I just mixed a song the other day. They sounded pretty good to my ears.

And in our other line of work, the naked flame is a no-no anyway. The whole workshop is full of inflammable paints and solvents and all that.

Health and Safety regulations wouldn't allow us even if we wanted to blow ourselves up (we are muslims, right? Fire don't get on quite well with us in the same room. Anyway, I better keep it to myself.)

So naked light is pretty much out of our lives apart from an occasional barbecue and a puff that goes with it.

...and oh... also for the shrinking tubes that we use in cable management. But anyway.

Good to see you back, Mr Albini. I knew somehow I was right in my anticipations.

I hope you didn't tip over one of those candles while moving the piano. Or did you?

They get quite a lot of that power cut over there in California, I hear.

Quote:

This is about Mr Albini's grievence and he grieves the way he feels.

Yes, I acknowledge this and I apologise again.

B.
M Ozturk

originalrecorderman

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2006, 04:48:59 AM »

it's fine and dandy for teeth to be in a cold sterile environment to be worked on.

mitgong

« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2007, 12:59:51 PM »

electrical wrote on Fri, 29 December 2006 06:24

and in what other profession does it get expressed?

They're good for makin' sweet sweet love to your ol' lady.  Is there a profession one can build around that?
My name is Matthew Saccuccimorano.  I should be working, but I'm posting this message instead.  I deserve punishment.

Curve Dominant

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2007, 01:49:34 PM »

Eric Greedy wrote on Sun, 31 December 2006 09:48

it's fine and dandy for teeth to be in a cold sterile environment to be worked on.

This is bringing to mind that Seinfeld episode when Jerry's dentist had Playboy and Penthouse magazines in the waiting room.

RKrizman

« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2007, 08:03:04 PM »

You think he's still there working on the record?

Can't wait for the book to come out.

-R

originalrecorderman

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2007, 04:00:21 AM »

whatever. The Village is a pretty great studio. Lot's of great gear and vibe and some great classic albums throught it's almost 40 year history. Can't get a good sound there.. give up. Sure beats the hell out of a pro tools rig in a house.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.