R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vinyl Mastering required  (Read 2480 times)

aivoryuk

Vinyl Mastering required
« on: October 25, 2006, 01:27:45 PM »

Hello

I have a client that I've been working with over the last couple of days and have done mastering of his 2 tracks for CD it in a dance/electronic style and the client is in the process of signing to a label. I've now done his masters and awaiting payment.

He has now said to me that the label are requiring Vinyl copies of the masters which I do not have the facility to do and did this explain at the start of our first conversation.

On his behalf I said I would see if any one would be interested with doing the vinyl master. The client is UK based and is fairly new to all of this.

If anyone of you is interested or have any recommendations then please let me know or send me a PM, so I can pass your details on to the client.

His mixes are fairly decent standard but the main request like with most dance records its got to be of loud standard otherwise DJ's won't play them.

cheers for now
Alex

bblackwood

Re: Vinyl Mastering required
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 01:40:08 PM »

Get in touch with Paul Gold.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

carlsaff

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 02:49:49 PM »

Yeah, Paul has cut a couple of my premasters and both turned out beautifully!

ak

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 03:41:12 PM »

hi,

it would probably make sense to let sombody do the work which
is in the same country of the client and the pressing plant where
the record will be pressed afterwards.

you can do the best vinyl master if you own a "cutting lathe" testing it out how your master translates and do additional
corrections. then cutting the final disk and send it the shortest way to the plant.

especially for dance i would recommed a cut on "lacquer disk" they sound warm and can be cut louder then dmm.

in the uk you have plenty of vinyl mastering/cutting studios like
metropolis etc.

greetings

andreas

schnittstelle
mastering & vinylschnitt

jason goz

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 03:43:29 PM »

index.php/fa/3644/0/

aivoryuk

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 06:04:59 PM »

thanks for the suggestions guys

Ben F

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 10:04:06 PM »

Mike at the Exchange does a great job.

JGreenslade

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 08:35:03 AM »

Seeing as you mention "Dance / Electronic", I would have to say that Nilz at The Exchange pretty much rules the roost on that one, and I can say that in the knowledge that few of the vinyl cutters here will argue on that score: http://www.exchangemastering.co.uk/

I've had 12"s cut from Nilz, Mike and Graham. I would describe Mike's sound as being more "laid back" than the other two, and his portfolio represents that, i.e. he is famous for cutting LPs and 12"s for the more jazzy dance labels such as Talking Loud.

Graham can cut either. The cut he did for me was a scorcher, a bit like one would associate from Nilz.

Nilz is famous for blowing cutter-head fuses - he is the peak volume champion.

Note that none of The Exchange's MEs advocate compression, unless you really pressure them. I can think of an occasion with Nilz where I wanted some squash and he talked me out of it.

You won't have any problems with John Dent either - he is very dependable and regularly receives plaudits from contemporaries.

If you venture abroad, then make sure to try Paul Gold, as Brad suggests - he is highly respected by the NY dance labels.

Justin

edit: Just to be sure, don't get the impression The Exchange will default to nuclear loudness - they will cut exactly as you ask, and can cut very 'hi-fi' if you ask - it's just that they've attained a reputation for pushing the peak envelope that little bit harder because the industry has demanded this in recent times.
Audio is a vocational affliction

"there is no "homeopathic" effect in bits and bytes." - HansP
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 19 queries.