R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE  (Read 4146 times)

Glenn Bucci

WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE
« on: October 19, 2006, 09:27:10 PM »

WOW!!
That is what I have to say about the GIK Acoustic Bass traps. I had no bass traps for a while in my studio and then got the Auralex on the walls and the bass Lenards. In regards to the Lenards I found they tightend up the bass in my studio and the bass sounded a little more focused.

Before I put up the GIK Acoustic bass traps I played a song I knew well with with my original setup. Then I replaced the Lenards (actually I have one lenard on top of the GKI Acoustic bass traps)with the GIK Bass traps, and all of a sudden the bass came out like I never heard it before.
It was like pushing a contour button on a stereo amp. It also sounds like I added a Waves Ren. bass compressor to the track. It sounds fuller, BIGGER, and my monitors have never sounded better. I knew my Tannoy System 800's go to about 55hz, but was a little surprised on how the bass was never deep. Now they are! It's almost like I added a sub woofer. Amazing.

Now the difficulty is mixing with the new sound. With that being said, the material on the back of the Bass Traps was not put on really neat and tight. I would assume Realtraps which cost more would have a little more profesional appearance, but then again your paying more money for them. Still I am very happy with these Bass traps!  

I also have two of their panels, but I need to place them properly in the stands and move some things around in my studio before giving a full review. However it seems to have tightend up the sides some what, but not to the degree that the bass traps did.  

Yes I have a project studio where everything is done in one room.

PaulyD

Re: WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 02:34:25 PM »

If you don't mind my asking, how many traps did you get, where did you place them, and what is the size/shape/speaker placement of the space you treated? Sorry, I know that's a lot of questions. Smile

Anyway, that's great. It's really nice when something meets or exceeds your hopes/expectations.

Cheers,

Paul

Ethan Winer

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 05:32:08 PM »

Cool, another convert.

Glenn Bucci

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 08:33:58 PM »

If I can save more money, I want to get some basstraps from Ethan as well.

I just put two bass traps in the rear corners behind my monitors and then acoustic panels for early reflection which gave the tighter sound and less scattering. I also have Auralex on the ceiling and walls as well.

PaulyD

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 06:52:46 PM »

I just got 5 RealTraps MondoTraps.

If someone had blindfolded me and brought me back into my room after setting up the MondoTraps, I would not have believed I was in the same space. The improvement is astounding.

Never again will I attempt to do any kind of serious mixing in a room without bass traps. I now consider these as important as the DAC, the amp(s) and the speakers.

Paul

franman

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 10:36:17 AM »

now that's what I call a convert!! Glad to hear it...
Francis Manzella - President, FM Design Ltd.
                 - Managing Director, Griffin Audio
fmdesign.com
griffinaudiousa.com

Ethan Winer

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 12:59:02 PM »

Excellent Paul, thanks!

Can I quote you? Very Happy

--Ethan

PaulyD wrote on Sat, 30 December 2006 18:52

I just got 5 RealTraps MondoTraps.

If someone had blindfolded me and brought me back into my room after setting up the MondoTraps, I would not have believed I was in the same space. The improvement is astounding.

Never again will I attempt to do any kind of serious mixing in a room without bass traps. I now consider these as important as the DAC, the amp(s) and the speakers.

Paul

PaulyD

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 02:36:05 PM »

Hi, Ethan.

Ethan Winer wrote on Sun, 31 December 2006 09:59

Can I quote you? Very Happy

Absolutely! Smile

Cheers,

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries.